Status: My computer died a while ago, and I've been super busy, so this is on a hiatus.

About A Girl.

Chapter Four; Brian's Guitar Shop.

"Some asshole stole my goalie mask!" I heard echo out of my new home. My brother came running out, tears rolling down his young cheeks. Instead of stopping to console him, I carried on my walk around the new neighbourhood. It was kind of bitchy, but I was too stressed out to care.

"So how's the house? Did you leave anything behind, because I'll totally fly out to give it back." My friend Kelsey yelled through my crappy cellphone, you know, those old massive ones? Her voice was static filled, but I smiled, missing her already.

"I don't think I did, but you should fly out here anyways." I answered, laughing lightly.

After my long flight from Canada, all I wished to do was sleep, but that wasn't going to happen. My house was still being stocked with all our furniture and boxes. Along with the noise, sleep would be near impossible.

"I really wish I had the money too." She complained. Through the static I heard a lighter.

Something caught my eye in that moment.

I think I'd found the asshole.


I woke up, startled from the vivid dream. My body shot up into a sitting position. Quickly, a headache sank in, and my hands grasped either side of my head.

"Char, are you okay?" Brian's voice was thick with sleep as he sat up beside me, rubbing his eyes. Biting my bottom lip, my hazel green eyes took a quick glance at him, knowing he was staring at me. "It wasn't the alcohol that gave you a dream did it? Was is scary? Was it a memory? Are you shaking?" With Brian's last question, I gazed down at my arms that sat limply on my lap. I was, in fact, shaking like a leaf.

"I suppose I'm okay. It was just a very vivid dream. And I think it may have been a memory." I answered, taking my eyes off my arms and looking into his brown eyes. I was starting to grow anxious. I loved his eyes and all, but I disliked being stared at. Brian snaked his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest. It was hard to believe that in my mind, he was basically still a stranger to me. But to him, I was his girlfriend and friend of many years.

But I couldn't deny the connection.

"What happened?" Brian asked after a few minutes of silence. My shaking had stopped.

"I dreamt of moving here. Jimmy stole my brother's-" I paused, remembering what Jimmy had said,

"I stole your brother's hockey helmet out of your garage when you first moved to California. You punched me in the face."

A smile crept across my face. I didn't get to finish the dream, or the memory, but I could vaugely remember the feeling of my fist connecting with his face. My attention was drawn to my right hand as it tensed and felt warm, but then suddenly faded.

"Yea, I was there that day. You were livid. I remember finding your fury extremely attractive." Brian mumbled into my hair. I laughed, shoving him away playfully. He looked down at me with a fake sadness before cracking a smile. Looking towards the clock, Brian groaned, not liking what he saw. "It's 11am. We should get up."

My response was to pull the blankets over my head and lay down once again, ignoring Brian's suggestion. "Oh we could not." I said, but was sure my voice had been muffled by the fabric. Just as I relaxed and closed my eyes, cold hands slipped around my waist as the covers were ripped off my body. I squirmed in protest.

"Brian!" I whined and complained. My body was lifted in the air, and soon enough, chucked like a doll onto the couch in our livingroom.

"We have to go visit my shop today. I've missed 3 weeks of guitar lessons." Brian spoke, revealing his career.

"I don't want to be famous. I just want to work in a studio and play some awesome guitar riffs for some bands." Brian pulled his black guitar onto his lap. It was his prized possession. He loved that guitar. His hair was short and brown, and his body was still lanky. He was just a young teenage boy wanting to life a humble life. "Matt though, he wants to be like Megadeth and Slayer." Brian finished, laughing at his friends silly dreams.

"I'm just content sitting here, listening to you and your talent, bestie." Brian chuckled once again and looked up at me. I had been sitting on his bed, while he sat on the floor in front of me, playing a few random things on his guitar. His father had tought him a lot throughout his life, and he definitely had a gift.

Without much warning, Brian abruptly stopped playing a song I believed was from Pantera, and placed his guitar back on it's stand. He stood up, towering over me. Leaning down, he kissed my lips quickly before pulling away. He looked terrified when I refused to show a reaction.

I sat, staring blankly at him for a few moments before I realized what had happened. Just as quickly as the kiss ended, I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and kissed him back.


"Charlotte!" Brian was inches away from my face as I came back to reality. Startled, I jumped about a foot off the couch, nearly crashing my skull into his nose.

"Yes?"

"Stop staring off into space. You're freaking me out."

"I'm sorry." I pouted, laughing to myself as Brian looked down at me, eyebrows furrowed. Wanting to bring back a memory, I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. At first, Brian looked even more confused at my actions, but when my lips hit his, he instantly relaxed.

"You remembered our first kiss?" He spoke against my lips. I nodded, feeling tears swelling up. His hands came up to cup either side of my face. My eyes opened. Brian leaned back, grinning like a moron. Grabbing me, I was pulled into him.

"I take it, you're happy with this?" I joked.

"Of course! I'm calling the guys! Besides, we need to have a practise. My students want to come over to watch us play one day. We need to be prepared."

"I thought we were going to the shop?"

Brian jumped away from me, looking frantic. "Shit!" Grabbing my wrist, Brian pulled me out of the door in my pj pants and black t-shirt.

"Charlotte, why are you still in your pjs?"

Looking around for the person who spoke, my eyes landed on a teenager behind the cash register. Picking up my on confusion, the young man smiled and walked up to me and Brian.

"My name is Jeff. I got hired here a couple months before the accident. You helped train me." He held out his hand. I took it slowly, shaking.

"You also taught him how to be a pain in my ass." Brian muttered from behind me. Jeff laughed smiling cheekily at his boss. "Whose been filling in for me these past couple weeks, your brother?"

"Yea, John's doing well with the kids, but they've been asking about you. You may not be the best guitar teacher in the world, but they love you." Brian nodded, taking my hand once again and leading me to the back of the shop. Turning left, a set of stairs led us down to lit up room. A few kids were sitting around with music books, waiting paitently for their lesson. To my left was a larger room with a window, exposing a little blonde boy behind a drum kit that seemed impossible for the little guy to play.

Directly in front of me were side by side rooms that were each half the size of the drum room. There was a student in each of them, with instructers sitting facing us. The man in the room to our right saw us and smiled and waved.

"That's John. He's a lot better at teaching these guys than I am. Jimmy's teaching the kid with the drums, but I think he's in the back having a smoke. The guy in the room in front of us is Mike, he teaches bass while John and I teach guitar." Brian explained. I nodded, trying to remember everything. The door behind us must have led to the back, because Jimmy walked through it with all the grace in the world.

"Ow, shit, fuck!" Turning Brian I caught a glimpse of Jimmy tripping over a few boxes and metal objects, before managing to settle himself, and look up. He smiled innocently at us before patting Brian on the back, kissing my cheek, and running back into the room with his student. The blonde boy looked up and smiled brightly as Jimmy walked in the room. Jimmy said something, and the boy began to play something that seemed easy enough. Jimmy congraduated him when he finished.

"At first, Jimmy didn't know if teaching kids would work out for him. He had dreams to travel the world and be a rockstar like Matt did, and didn't think he had paitence for kids. But he's doing a great job." I looked up and Brian for a second, smiling, before looking back over to Jimmy. He did seem to be making that kids day. A smile refused to leave either of their faces.

A door opened in front of us, and the guy Brian said was John walked out with a teenager girl. John walked up to Brian and gave him a hug before scooping me up as well. I squealed.

"John, she doesn't remember you, put her down." Brian laughed taking me away from the long haired man. John was about as tall as Brian, but had a bigger build. His hair was a couple inches past his shoulders and dyed black, and his beard was dyed red and cut like Dimebag Darrell. His smile was anything but frightening. I could tell I liked this man.

"No man, I think she does. Look, she's smiling!" John said, pointing at me. I smiled wider and blushed. The boy in Jimmy's room walked out, with Jimmy right behind him. He reminded the kid of a few things before coming over and joining us.

"So John, do you mind if I take your next client?" Brian said, putting his hand on a teenage boys shoulder. The young man looked up and pulled headphones out of his ears.

"No, do ahead. He's learning some solos right now that I can't play like you can." Brian nodded, kissed me in the forehead, and then walked into the practise room with the boy. Another young boy, but with darker hair this time, walked into the drum room with Jimmy.

"Come with me!" Jimmy said, pulling me by the shirt into the room. I looked back out into the waiting room. John simply laughed, shook his head, and headed out the back door. "Listen to my prodigy!" Jimmy said, pointing to the small boy. The boy blushed and grabbed a set of drumsticks out of his small bag, along with some music.

"Come on James! Show her what us Jimmy's can do!" The boy looked at Jimmy timidly, but began playing. From what I could tell, what he was playing, and accomplishing, was definitely something that sound be above his playing level, but he was playing it wonderfully. Jimmy stood beside me, like a tower, grinning from ear to ear. The boy's beat stopped with a smash of the cymbals and he looked up at us for a reaction.

I began clapping insanely along with Jimmy. The boy blushed once again and stood. He reached as far as he could, handing Jimmy the drum sticks.

"Play us something?" He asked innocently.

"Fine, only because I know Charlotte doesn't remember how well I play." He said before sitting down on the small stool. He made some quick adjustments with the kit before he pulled a pedal out from beside him, and put it on the ground in front of him.

His talent blew me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't spell check this, but it's rather long for one of my updates. xD
Sorry it takes so long for me to update lately. Life has been a huggeee bitch.
But lots of comments may cheer me up, so get on it! :D
Thank you to those who have commented!