A Beautiful Tragedy

The Real World Now

"Are we there yet?" Jimmy asked Matt for the 100th time. I giggled at how he was starting to annoy Matt with the same stupid question, he knew we weren't home just yet. "You just asked me that not even 4 minutes ago Jimmy" Matt rolling his eyes at our excited friend. Matt though never raised his voice to Jimmy because him too was excited to be going home. We all were.

Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed my time on the road and go to meet a lot of great people, Alexia and Anissa agreed to keep in touch with all of us. I also got a hold of Papa Gates who told me that all my stuff was finally moved out of my mother's and into Brian's, so I was pleased by that and thanked them for that. Right now I sat in the living area, waiting to pull into the familiar Huntington Beach that was called home to all of us. The only ones that seemed awake though was Matt, Jimmy and myself. The rest were still sleeping.

Lucky for me though, I packed before I went to bed last night. I wasn't going to waste time. We all decided to just drive home though instead of having to do the whole annoying flights. Either way wouldn't have bugged me much but some rather have their privacy. This tour has gained them a lot of loyal fans, I was proud of them for this. Looking back, I never thought my friends would have gone this far with their lives. I really didn't but I guess no one really did. A lot has happened that was unexpected but I guess that is what life is all about.

I couldn't wait to see my mother again. I was told that she would be waiting at Brian's parents house with them, so that was where we were heading now. Only an hour away. I would like to think that I left as a girl and came back as a woman. This road trip was not only the best for us but I believe it made me become more of a better person, not taking this for granted and wanting to do more good for the ones around me.

"What are you thinking about?" Val asked me as she noticed I was staring out the window. I just shrugged, "just wondering how things will be now that we will be back home and no longer on the road". "Well I don't know about you but I'm excited to actually sleep in a real bed again" causing us to both laugh. "Well so am I but there is so much we have to get use to again. Plus I have Erica's wedding to help before my own" biting my lip before looking back out the window. "Well don't forget that you both have me. I also know that your mother would love to help you two out as well. So don't put too much on your shoulders Cheshire" Val giving me a warm smile. I returned the smile before agreeing with her. Val was a very smart woman and she was right. I did have both her and my mother if I needed help.

"There is something else on your mind ain't there?" getting to the point, I guess she could tell I was nervous about something. Val was able to read it right off my face. I let out a sigh, "I'm scared. I've never lived with a man before. I just don't know what to think, I mean. Does Brian really want to marry me?" asking her as I looked down at my engagement ring. Val didn't speak right away but she did rest her hand on top of my own and when I looked up at her, she was giving me a reassuring look. "Cheshire, Brian and you are perfect for each other. Have been and always will. You just need to believe in that. I see nothing but happiness for you both" smiling. I nodded, "I guess you're right".

"Of course I'm right. If I wasn't, then why would he have loved you for this long? How many men out there can say that about a woman in their life? Say that for years, they never once jumped into a relationship. That they sat and waited for the one that they knew they loved from the start" at this point, Val was making a lot of sense. I give the woman credit because she knew how to make me feel better. "Matt really needs to marry you because I don't ever want to lose you" joking to lighten the mood. Val laughed, "Yeah I know right?".

"We are here" Matt called to us all. By that time everyone finally woke up and started to do last minute packing. I looked out the window as the bus came to a stop right in front of the Haner house. Smiling from ear to ear when I was able to see familiar smiles. "Aww there is my princess" my mom laughed with open arms, which I ran right into. Almost knocking her over. "Hey there son, glad to see you finally home" Papa Gates greeted Brian before giving him a manly hug. Brian and I told everyone that we would give them a call later to see how their settling was going before they drove to drop off the rest.

"Alright well let us all get into the SUV and head over to your new home" Suzie smiled at me before we did as she said. The drive was originally an hour drive but seemed shorter than that but I think it was because Brian and I were playing catch up with our parents. Telling them about all the exciting moments we had, my mother even brought up my birthday when Brian proposed to me. Awwing at how romantic it was of him.

"Home sweet home baby" Brian said as he hugged me from behind, placing an innocent kiss on my cheek. Maybe Val was right, everything was going to be ok. I mean hell, I'm moving into a mansion! Brian led me into the double doors that was the start to my new life, as the fiancée of a rock star. That is what others see it as but really, I was the fiancée to Brian Haner Jr. A man who I have loved since I was 18. 4 years ago.

Brian showed me around the house, showing off the huge kitchen that had double doors leading to the backyard which came with a heated pool and hot tub. I also got to see the gorgeous living room, showing off pictures of the family. I see my mother even framed pictures of Brian and I when we were kids, a few of the guys,Erica and Val and also a few pictures of us on tour that my mother took. The one picture that surprised me was a huge framed picture of Brian and I on his 19th birthday. My mother took it right after I shoved an ice cream cone in his face and he came up and hugged me from behind. The picture was blown up professionally and framed, hanging right above Brian's fireplace.

"Wow, this place looks like I've been living here for years" laughing at all the memories that surrounded the living room. "Well that was the idea I was going for. I wanted you to feel welcomed" my mother explaining from one of the big couches. "Well thank you very much, all of you" smiling as I leaned down to kiss my mother on the cheek. Brian then continued the tour of the house, I saw the studio that was down stairs, I even noticed that this mansion had 3 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms with walk in closets. This was to be my home?
I'm just use to a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom house with a small yard.

When the tour was done, I walked back into the living room where our parents were waiting for us. "Place is gorgeous" sitting across from my mother, next to Brian who sat on the arm of the couch. "Yeah Cheshire, I'm glad to know that you will be taken good care of" smiling at Brian. I can tell my mother trusted Brian with her only child, knew that he was going to protect and provide for me now. My mother was allowed to live with peace. "Well so are you" Brian spoke. I was confused at what he meant and he noticed when I looked at him with a frown. My mother did just the same.

Brian then pulled out a pair of keys, "I ended up buying the house across the street. I bought it for you" getting up he placed the keys in my mothers hands. My eye brows shot up at the same time my mothers did. Papa Gates and Suzie looked at their son proudly. Brian did this for my mother? "But Brian. I can't" my mother tried to say, holding the keys towards him. "No, I want you to. You live to far from all of us, so we want you closer. Plus there will come a time where Charlie and I will start a family and I will be on the road. I know she would want her mother around" smiling at my mother who was now in tears. So was I because my mother was now closer to me and Brian made that happen.

My mother hugged Brian and was able to calm herself before changing the subject, "So we need to go over wedding plans". Suzie agreed which had Papa Gates and Brian head towards the beer in the kitchen. "What colors are you wanting?" Suzie asked when she finally pulled out a note pad and pen. I laughed at them two, were they already asking all these questions? Knowing I just got home and had only sat there for maybe 15 minutes the most. "Well I want light yellow with a light blue, soft colors. Tide off with a light lime green" watching Suzie write down the colors I listed. "How about the flowers?" my mother asking the next question. "Well I want tulips but for my flowers, I want carnations. All the flowers will be in those colors with like a light lime green bow" I replied while playing with my fingers.

When Brian's parents and my mother left. We were ready for bed. I was exhausted. "So you think you will be happy here with me?" Brian asked as we cuddled up to each other under the covers of our bed. Looking up to him with a smile, "Of course". I placed a kiss on his lips and layed my head on his bare chest. "What you did for my mother. I can't express how thankful I am that you did that" holding tight against him, never wanting to let go. "Anything for you Charlie. Your happiness means everything to me. I don't want your mother being too far from our family" he whispered. I thanked him once again before we drifted off to sleep. Thinking to myself. For some reason I was blessed with this life and this man. I won't take it for granted.
♠ ♠ ♠
What Brian did for Charlie's mom was so sweet of him. Now she was able to be near her mother instead of an hour away. Seems to me that everything is going great for them 8)

I would also like to say my thanks to TuckYou for her comment! I told her I was updating this chapter and so with that, this is for you ^.^
To the rest of the readers, thanks for reading and subscribing!