A Beautiful Tragedy

Time Is On Our Side

I left the house before Charlie woke. She was too much at peace, couldn't bare to wake her up. Was keeping the promise to both my mother and Charlie when I said I would go see my father today.

I finally made it to the familiar house, where most my childhood was spent. Turning off my car once I pulled into the driveway. Wasn't nervous at all seeing my father. Our relationship was great, never kept secrets from one another. Knowing I haven't seen my father since the day we all got back from tour, this was a needed visit.

I knocked on the double doors and waited till someone answered. Surprisingly it was Suzie that did.

"Hey Brian, your father is out in the back. Come in" smiling as I entered the house. Suzie went back into the kitchen where I could smell breakfast being made. I headed for the sliding door that led to the back porch, seeing my dad looking into the ocean view as he fiddled with his guitar. The one that he has had since I was a kid.

"Hey pops" catching my fathers attention. I smiled when he got up and gave me a hug.

"Hey son. How are you?"

"I'm doing well" taking a seat next to him.

"Congrats on the baby" his smile showed that he was very excited to be a soon grandfather.

"Thank you. Was unexpected but we are excited"

"The best ones are always unexpected"

"That is true" agreeing as Suzie came out to hand us each a beer before walking back in. My father took a swig and placed the bottle aside. I knew he was going to say something, so I started drinking mine as I waited.

"Now that you're going to be a father. What are your plans?"

"Well of course get the nursery up and going. Right now the guys and myself are finishing up our new album which will end up with us having to se time aside for another tour." Smiling at my answer.
My father looked unpleased.

"That is not what I meant. I mean what do you and Charlie plan on doing" my smile fell. I never thought about it.

"Well when I have time. I do plan on marrying her, just finding the time is hard. Everything has been crazy right now for me"

"If that's the problem. Why did you ask her to marry you?" I could see my father was open to give me advice.

"Why not? I love her"

"Well don't get me wrong son. I love her like a daughter, always have. So does Suzie"

"What do you mean then?"

"If things are crazy. Why add more to the plate?" I sat there and thought long and hard about my fathers question.

"I wanted to do right by her. Now that she is having my kid, I can't go back now"

"Are you ready to get married and raise a baby?" This question I didn't have to think for the answer. I already knew it.

"Yes I am"

My father smiled big, "I believe you. Just make sure to do it before the baby is born, alright?"

"Yes sir" smiling at my father before my phone rang, letting me know that Matt was calling me. My father stepped inside to give me some privacy before I answered.

"Hey what's up Matt?"

"I need you to come into the studio and bring Cheshire ASAP"

"I thought we agreed to take today off?"

"Yeah that was till Mudrock told me they are pushing the due date up"

"Damn. Fine, will take me a bit since I'm at my parents house and have to go pick up Charlie" sighing. Matt agreed and we hung up. I said my goodbyes to both Suzie and my father before I booked it home.

It only took Charlie and myself 25 minutes to get to the studio where everyone was waiting. I explained the situation to Charlie during the drive, so she was aware. The reason Charlie had to come with was because we all agreed to have her sing along with Matt on this album. Took time for her to agree but after bugging her non stop, she finally came around.

"Hey guys" I called once Charlie and I walked into the studio. I saw Matt's face finally relax which caused me to laugh. Charlie went over to Jimmy and Erica, showing attention to her non stop growing stomach.

"So what is needed of me?" Asking as I walked up to both Matt and Zacky.

"Today I will need more guitar tracks layer down from you and Zacky" Matt spoke and we shook our heads in agreement. "Then Cheshire and I still need to work on the chorus for Dear God" Matt looked at Charlie and she agreed with him.

"OK then if that's all. Why are Jimmy and Johnny here?" Asking as I pointed to them.

"Honestly. I don't know but I'm sure they live here" Matt laughed.

"I'm here to show support" a smiling Jimmy spoke. Charlie laughed this time.

We finally got to work. Zacky and myself went over our work while Matt and Charlie got ready to record their chorus. Mudrock began playing the music as it began recording. I stopped listening to Zacky and took a time out to watch Charlie. A woman with a voice of an angle and a scream that could keep up with Matt's.

"Amazing ain't she?" Val asked, noticing me starring at my bride to be. I nodded and laughed with her.

"I remember a time where you use to jump on stage a do your 2 minute part" looking at Val with a smirk. She blushed before looking up at Matt and Charlie, "Yeah well I did what I could. Now its her time to shine" smiling at her friend.

All work was done but time was greatly sacrafised on our day off. This gave me an idea.

"Mudrock" I called out. I got his attention which made me smile.

"Yes?"

"How much are we on schedule with this CD?" I saw him think for a minute.

"Well with today's work. You made up two days. So very much in schedule. Why?"

"I demand we all take two days off and toto DisneyWorld". This caught everyone's attention. Mudrock agreeged we deserved it with all the hard work we did. So tomorrow, We all will have time on our side once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this is long enough. Did it from my phone since the computer was being used. Hope you like. RATE AND COMMENT!!
Feedback=updates 8)