A Beautiful Tragedy

Father's Day

After a fewmonths of dedicating myself to my school and work I've slowly noticed that father's day was coming up since it was already June. Once I found this out, I knew I had to pay a visit back to Huntington Beach, CA. Back home where my father was layed to rest, was 2 years ago when I lost my father. I miss him more everyday. I had the best relationship with my father, taught me so much. He was truely my inspiration and best friend.

"What's wrong Charlie?"Brian asked as he leaned into me while we were sitting in Mr.Billing's class. I guess he noticed that I seemed a little off. "Father's day is coming up and I know I have to go back home to see him, I just don't want to go alone but Bully has other plans in mind." not being too excited at the thought."I will go with you if you need me to?" Brian offered. This caught my attention, "Would you? I mean that would mean alot to me!"sitting up to where I wasn't on my hands anymore.

"Of course I would. Plus it would do me some good to go back home and see everyone else anyways" smiling that smile I love so much. The news of Brian willing to go back home got me so happy that I jumped forward to hug him.

Before I knew it, Brian and I had gotten off the plane and into open arms of loved ones that waited for us to land.I scanned the area for one person who I have missed so much and once I saw him. I ran towards him and jumped in his arms. Not once letting go as he spun me around."I missed you baby girl" Zacky whispered into my ear, "I miss you too Zacky" I replied with happy tears falling down my cheeks.

When finally everyone got all the "I miss you's" and "Glad to see you home" out of their systems, Brian and I were able to grab our baggage and head to my house. From their, we all sat around and brought up old memories of how everyone met or stupid drunk stories from when we were in high school. Even the party at Kenny's.

After awhile, I thought to take a walk around my house. I finally got up stair, till I saw something in the corner of my eye. When I got up close and picked the frame up from the stand, I noticed it was the picture of all of us on graduation day. I guess my mother kept it around after all. I ended up staring at the picture while a smile came across my face. Shortly I put the picture down and looked up. I saw my bedroom door and crept in. My mother kept it how I left it, nothing out of place. I saw the teddy bear on my bed that my father gave me on my 6th birthday. Walking over, I laid on the bed as I held onto the bear as tight as I could. Thinking of him.

It soon felt like forever till I heared someone come in and lay next to me. I looked over to see it was Brian. "He loved you, you know that right?" explaining to me while I looked to him with hurt in my eyes. "I know he did, I just miss him Bri" Brian then took the moment to wrap me up into his arms before the tears began to fall down my cheeks.

The very next day was father's day. I already said my good byes to everyone who stayed over my house last night but brought along the teddy bear with me that I held so dear. As I drove up to the place where my father laid, I built up the courage and got out of the car with that very teddy bear in my hand...not letting go of that memory.

"Hey pops!" I said as I came up to his marker. "I miss you and look who I brought" saying as I pulled the bear out from behind me, "It's Teddy" smiling with the bear in my hands. Bringing myself back into that very memory that I never wanted to let go.

"Cheshire,happy birthday!" as the comfort voice of my father woke me(Cheshire was the nickname my father gave me because I couldn't stop talking like the Cheshire cat in the movie Alice in Wonderland) "I got something for you sweety!" smiling down at his little girl. "Really?" I asked while rubbing my eyes. "Yeah, here you go but don't tell your mother that I gave you an early present" he begged as he handed the present to me. "It's a teddy bear!" I said with excitement in my voice, "I hope you like him, it's for when you ever feel scarred or lonely and I ain't around to be there" my father explained to me. "I love him, I am going to name him Teddy" smiling while I hugged the bear. "I love you Cheshire" my father spoke as he kissed my forehead. I soon pulled away from the bear to look up at him, I gave him a smile before speaking. "I love you too Daddy".

"I knew you were gonna be here" a voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned around and saw it was only my mother. "How did you get here, I took the car?" asking since that was the first thing that I noticed. My mother smirked at me, "Brian was kind enough to drive me" pointing behind her. I then looked and saw him sitting as he waited for us.

My mother then walked up to me to brush the hair out of my eyes, "Your father loved you very much dear". Holding onto the bear, I looked and saw that she tried to keep her tears back. "I know mother and I loved him very much too". When she noticed the bear in my arms, a smile came a crossed her face. "God you loved that thing when you were little" still smiling at the bear. "Of course I still do, it is all I have left of him" I explained.

"Hun, we should head back now." my mother managed to say after staring at the marker for awhile. But before we left, my mother bent down and kissed the marker just before she whispered to herself "I love you and always will" and then walked back to the car. I started to walk away to follow her but then I turned back one last time just to say one thing to my father "Happy Father's Day....Daddy".
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww how sweet 8) Hope you all enjoyed it. Message me or leave comments.