A Beautiful Tragedy

The Name is Derrick but You Can Call Me Tripp

Once we got the booth up and running at our first stop in Pheonix,Arizona. The bands started hitting the stage and played their sets, I admit it was hot here and even wearing a tang top with shorts with my hair up in a messy bun didn't help any. I still felt like I was sweating. After awhile of selling merch between sets, I saw Dope was getting ready to hit the stage. I couldn't wait to hear their music. You can tell I was a fan. Lucky enough, they opened their performance with "Now Or Never" which was my absolute favorite song by them.

When Dope was done with their set, I saw that it was our boys turn to play. So as they walked by to head to the stage. Both Erica and I yelled good luck to them and sat there while kids walked by to go see what band was playing next.

"Man this is amazing, don't you think?" asking with a bottle of water in her hand. "Yeah it is but hot as well" I joked, as the guys played I saw Edsel who was the lead singer from Dope walking towards our booth.
"Hey, nice to see dedicating chick's working on this tour!" Edsel announced as he reached both Erica and I, "Yeah, well what can you say!" Erica joking along. "Yeah well just tired of seeing a lot of guys around and not much girl's because it's becoming a sausage fest ." Edsel went on while looking through our merch.
"Yeah well I guess we ain't normal" I laughed. "You think I can get a shirt off you two?" Edsel asked as he eyed one of our shirts. Did Edsel really want to buy one of our merch? Holy shit dude!
"Yeah, no problem!" smiling while Erica handed him the shirt, Edsel then took the shirt and smiled at us. "Wow, thanks!". Erica then told him the total and he handed the cash over.

"Thanks guys. Oh I almost forgot. We are having a little party at our bus after the show, to start off the tour for all of us. You two ladies should come by, bring the guys if you like!" he smiled at the both of us. We then agreed we would show up just before he walked off towards the bus parking lot with an Avenged Sevenfold shirt in hand.

Erica quickly looked at me, "Did Edsel from Dope really just invite us to a part?". At first I wasn't paying attention to her till she gave me a pintch. "Woah, what?", realizing I wasn't dreaming. "Was that real?" she questioned again. "Uh yeah, as real as it can get" laughing at how retarded we might sound right now.

Before we knew it the guys were done with their set and decided to come over to the booth to hold a signing for new fans during other band's performance. Which was sweet of them to do so.

"How are things so far for you two fine young ladies?" both Zacky and Brian joked while sitting next to Erica and myself. "Great, Cheshire and I got invited to an after party on Dope's bus. We were told that you guys are allowed to come along as well." Erica blurting off while the boys tried to get settled into their chairs. Brian and Zacky caught on and looked at each other at this point. Oh boy.

"Umm how did you two get invites?" Brian wanting to know. "What we can't be invited to a party because we ain't famous like you boys? I'm hurt honestly." smiling at the others who finally tuned in to what we were talking about. I then carried on with the story on how we did get our invites. "Edsel from Dope came to the booth, bought a shirt and said to show up" joking but being honest.
"Sweet, then yeah we will attend with you ladies. Erica, you mind being my date?" Zacky asked as he laid his attention all on her. Erica soon smiled before giving her answer, of course we all know what she said. "Of course I will", making Zacky smile but leaving both Brian and I confused. What is going on with them two?

-Later On-

Once the guys signed every last fan's stuff, Erica and I put all the merch back into the trailer along with the tables and rushed back to the bus. We went over the plan for the night while getting ready. I cannot believe that we are about to head over to Dope's bus on the first night.

I got off the bus and followed everyone in the direction Dope's bus was held, I soon lacked behind and found myself with an arm around my waist. When I looked to see who it was, I saw it was Brian. "I felt since Erica was Zacky's date, that you could be mine?" asking with hope in his eyes. Wait, what? REALLY? "Yeah that would make my night even better Brian" agreeing which left us both laughing together.

After catching up with the rest of the group, we finally reached the party bus and met up with Edsel. "Hey you guys came!" greeting us as we walked up. "Yeah and we thought we would bring the Avenged Sevenfold boys with us" explaining as Edsel gave both Erica and myself hugs . "Even better, welcome to our bus and have fun!" he smiled while leading us onto the bus. Once we all stepped onto the bus, I saw tons of people from different bands already started to drink and crack jokes but my nervousness was cut short when I felt Brian put his arm around my waist.

"Here is to the beginning of Warp Tour and to all the bands that will be sharing the road with along the way!" was what Derrick Tribbett toasted, the bassist for the band Dope. I finaly got relaxed enough to where I made new friends and was able to crack jokes willingly but then again I was pretty buzzed.
"Hey your one of the merch girls for Avenged Sevenfold, ain't you?" a voice asked which spooked me.When I turned, I saw it was only Derrick and relaxed. "Yeah I am, the name is Charlie but my close friend's call me Cheshire" holding my hand out as I blushed, "Derrick Tribbett but you my close friend's call me Tripp" taking my hand in his.

I snorted at how I already knew that, great I just snorted infront of him. Few hours past while and I was still talking to Tripp, we both ended up sitting on the couch that was on their bus.
I saw that Brian parted from me awhile back and was now talking to a group of people that Edsel introduced him to. Including a cute girl who seemed into everything he had to say.

"I think you are way different from the rest of the girls that are here on tour" Tripp spoke, cutting my thoughts of Brian short. I gave him a confused look, "Why you say that?". "Because you are not all over every guy here on tour that is in a band" trying to make a point. "Well my best friend's are in a band, I'm use to it" making his view pointless.

"True but that doesn't mean you can't jump on every guy's bones!" he continued. I then gave up and just agreed with him. Our laughter was cut short when Tripp moved closer, soon enough his lips clashed onto mine.
At first I wanted to pull away because I thought that he was only doing this because he was drunk but I couldn't say that. Tripp wasn't drunk at all. Then I thought about Brian but that was cut short as well because he was too busy doing his own thing.

I should be able to have the same freedom right? So what did I do?...I kissed back. Not only was Tripp very cute just like Brian but also a great kisser like Brian too. I felt bad for comparing the two but I don't have any other experience.

I then heard both Erica and Zacky cheer when they noticed Tripp kissing me, as I looked up blushing I saw Brian staring me down. Brian didn't have to say anything because his eyes spoke for him, they were saying you are my date. You are with me, my girl. Looking closely I also saw him question. Why are you with him? what does he have that I can't give you?
Guilt soon came over me but then left once I saw that same cute girl curl under Brian's arm.

The party soon died down and I was walking back to the bus but no alone. Tripp felt it was best that he walked me back, knowing there were plenty of weirdos on tour. "So is Brian like your boyfriend or something? Because I saw that look he gave you when everyone was cheering on for us to kiss more" Tripp spoke up while we walked hand in hand.
"No he ain't. We had feelings for each other back in high school which was years ago but never acted apon them, so you have nothing to worry about. Plus it looked like he was fine with that girl he was with the whole time at the party" explaining as I approached the bus.

Tripp then held onto my hips and smiled, "Well Cheshire, I have to admit. I really like you and would love to see you again soon!" but before I could say anything. Our lips touched once again. When we finally pulled from one another, he told me that he would come by the booth tomorrow and I agreed.
Soon Tripp walked off and I turned to climb onto the bus. Only to find out that Brian was waiting for me. Oh boy, I feel as though we are going to have a long talk
♠ ♠ ♠
OH SNAP!!! Tripp moved in on Brian's woman...OH NO!!!