Spectrum Disorder

DVDs and Dinner

Wakin up

I open my eyes to the sound of Gerard heaving. I sigh. That guy for all I know could be preggers. Nah, that's stupid. Not even humanly possible. I walk into the bathroom, looking at my brothers shaking form.  

"Gerard?"

"What do ya want?"

"Are you feeling ok?"

He nods, "You care this much?"

I smile and nod. A weak smile creeps across his face. 

"Here, take these,"  I say, putting some meds in Gees hand.

"Thanks," he says, swallowing the red pills. I'm a bit worried. He's never been this sick before.  I know he hates this. He's so vunerable. 

"Gerard, you need to eat."  

"Nuh-uh."

I sigh and grab a bowl of applesauce. "Cmon Gee, please?"

Gerard reluctantly grabbed the spoon, and eats some.  He chokes it down, and sits on the floor.

-:/-/:--/ 
Twenty minutes later, after school of course,  mom calls us for supper. Gerard looks at me, "I'm not hungry."

"Sorry bro, you gotta eat." 

We  trail upstairs.   Dad looks at us. 

"Hi Dad," I say. He turns to Gee.

"Gerard?"

"H..Hi Dad." 

Gee looks down at his plate, turkey and mashed potatoes. He gets this wierd look on his face.

"Gerard, just try it, please." mom begs.
 Gee looks at her with a , 'are you mental?!' look. Mom sighs. Gee stares at the potatoes, then picks up his spoon. He puts them in his mouth.  

"Yuck," he says as he swallows them down. 

After supper, mom and dad always like to sit in thier room and watch the news. I suddenly remember that Gerard is alone again. I seem to be the only one to keep him company these days. 
I go down to his room and hear screaming. I panic.

"Gee?!"

He looks at me, "I'm fine, I'm just blasting music."

I sigh, "Thank god. I was worried about you."

He looks at me, "Mikey? Why do you care so much?"

"Because..." I pause. "you're my brother Gee. It's us against the world, especially at school."

He weakly smiles at me, for the first time in a month. 

"Mikey...d-do you wanna watch a movie with me?" he whispers. 

"Always Gee." I smile at him. 

We head upstairs and pop in Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special DVD, it'll really cheer Gerard up. 
 We watch Achmed talk about how horrible a parent he is because, he took his son to work...and blew him up. Gee starts cackling. Wow, I haven't heard him laugh like that since I was five, and we were watching Ren and Stimpy and the Rugrats. Good old 90s cartoons. I am so happy for him. After the DVD we head to our rooms. Thanksgiving break starts tomorrow, and for Gee it's hell on earth. 

"Night Gee."

"Night Mikes." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe achmed. Sorry bout the lackege of updates, but I'm on break now :)