Status: Haitus

Cinderella and a Loser in Tin Foil

Chapter Two

"Riley. Riley. Ugh, c'mon, Ri, wake up."
I groaned and sat up, realizing the whole staring contest thing, kissing Cam and finding out it was his plan was all a dream.
Sigh.
Everything was real up until the staring contest.
Yes, yes, I knew Allstar Weekend. Still do. Here's the story:
When they were on Radio Disney's N.B.T. as Allstar, I went to a meet-and-greet. I had on an 'I ♥ Cameron' shirt. He commented on it, said he loved the colour of my eyes and signed my Adub poster. Zach, being Zach, jokingly put Cam's cell number under his own signature. I didn't notice tilla few monthes later. I called and, surprisingly, Cam remembered me. We stayed in touch. Then, for my June 7th birthday, he sent me tickets and backstage passes to the consort in NYC. I went and everything up until the staring contest took place.
Sigh... Again.
"C'mon, Riley. Cam's back," Zach pulled me off the couch and into my kitchen.
"Who's up for Chinese food?"
"Oh, Cam. You know all my guilty pleasures," I took a pair of chopsticks and took a bite of his chicken cho mein.
"Well, good morning, Sleeping Beauty."
"Don't be sayin' that to me, Nathan. Behir might get jealous," I gave him the mommy finger.
"You may be Sleeping Beauty, Ri," Behir swallowed. "But I'm Belle and I got the Beast."
Nathan's jaw dropped. "What?" Behir smirked.
Like a bunch of seventh graders, Cam, Mikey and I broke out into 'Ohhhh's.
Zach looked hurt. "Well, if he's the Beast and Cameron's a loser in tin foil, what am I?"
"Superman," Behir swallowed a bit of lemon chicken.
"Yes!" Zach punched the air.
"He's gay."
"Awh..."
"Who's gay?" Zach's girlfrind, Ava, walked in.
Everyone pointed at Zach.
"Oh, well, alrighty then."
"You're not even gonna defend me?"
She patted him on the back, "Can't hide what you really are, Zachy."
"You guys are mean. It's not like I go around saying 'Hey, guys' in a girly voice."
"Ya know, Zach. It's really bad when you do that perfectly," Behir said.
"I've always wanted to shop with a gay guy. It'd be fun." I smiled.
"Oh, sweetie. I just wanted to let you know. Those shoes look fam-u-lous on you," Mikey's immatation was... let's say, not so great.
"I'm what?!" Nathan was still in shock.
"Nothing, Nathan. Just let it go, alright?"
"Fine."
We all burst out lauging.
*~*~*
We finished eating and watched Transformers.
Ten minutes in, Elaine, Mikey's gf and Ava's adopted sister came in.
Yep, my house was the party house.
And yep, me and Cam were the only ones who weren't together. And yep, I had a better chance of getting with Batman. And, nope, that's not was Zach said. He told me that Cam was crazy about me. I wasn't sure I believed him though.
By the time Sam's car had gotten stolen, I was bred. I pulled out my phone and texted Cam.
"Sup, Cammy?!"
He pulled out his phone and responded, "Haha, nothin much. Sittin here watchin Transformers wit my peeps. u?"
"Same. Textin some loser sittin next to me ;)"
":P lol. This movies boring"
"Agreed. Pokemons bettah"
"Rite one! Squirtle FTW"
"Squirtly? More lyk Bulbasaur"
"Tru dat. And Justin Bieber"
"& i was lyk baby baby baby oooh"
"Baby baby baby noo-oo-oo"
"Baby baby baby ooh"
"Thought ud always be mine, mine."
"O, well cam. Idk we just officially met last week. Idk if itd work out." Oh, but I wished it would.
"...wait...waht?"
":P u said i was yours, yours"
"O, haha :P"
I keyed in a response, but my phone died.
Sighin, I leaned over to him, "My phone just died."
"I know."
"Shh!" Behir hissed.
The door bell ding-donged.
I stood up.
"I'll come, too. Nothing better to do." Cam followed me out of the den and into the front room.
I opened the door to see me neighbor, Alice, and her baby. "Hi, Riley. I was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar?"
"Of course. Come in." Sse came in and handed me her measuring cup.
"This is my friend Cameron. Cam, Alice. She's our neighbor." I lead them into the kitchen.
"Nice to meet you, Cameron."
"You, too." He looked at the baby, just over a month old. "She's so cute. What's her name?"
"Lillian Collette," she smiled at him.
"Can I hold her?"
I slowly filled the cup with sugar.
"Of course. But she doesn't like strangers so it's 99.9% guarentee she'll cry." Alice carefully placed Lillian Collette in Cam's arms, bracing herself for baby aqueeling.
To everyone's surprise, Lillian Collette didn't cry; she smiled.
Cam smiled, stroking her fine strawberry blond hair.
"Oh, Cam. You ladies' man."
"She's never smiled in a stranger's arms before," Alice looked like she might cry.
"Cam works wonders, Alice." I handed her the cup o' sugar.
"Are you too, dating?"
"Oh, no."
Cam sang softly to the baby; her eyelids slowly closed.
"Do you want to?"
I looked at her and barely noddded.
"I see. Thank you so much for the sugar, Ri. I appreciate it. Hey, Cameron. You don't mind carrying her home, do you? I don't want to disturb her."
"Of course not." He turned to me, "I'll be right back."
"I'll come, too. Nothing better to do." I walked out to the front room and opened the door.
Alice stepped out, followed by Cam, I closed the door behind me and fell in step with him.
Alice led the way down the side walk, up her drive way and into the house. "Ri? Could you take Cameron to our room so he could put Lillian Collette in her crib? Please."
"Sure. C'mon, Cammy." I took his elbow and led him through the house to the back bedroom.
"'Our room'? There's only one dresser. A small one." Cam placed the baby in the crib and stood by me.
"Yeah, her husband was killed seven months ago in Iraq. That's him," I pointed to a black and white wedding photo above the bed. "She still says 'our room', 'our house', and 'I love him'. I asked why and she said because love doesn't go away just because someone dies."
"Strong girl."
"Very." I sighed. "We should go."
He nodded and followed me out to say good night to Alice.
We alked home to find my mom and dad were home, eating the left over Chinese.
"Hi Michelle," Dad held up his chopsticks.
"Hi Mom. Hi Dad."
"Hi sweetie. Hi Cammy."
"Hey Mr and Mrs R."
"We'll be in the den."
They nodded. We walked back to the den and sat down.
The movie wasn't even half way over.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one had a little bit of humor and sweetness it in it. I don't really like this chapter very much. It seems too cheesy. I might rewrite it... I haven't decided.