Status: BLANKING OUT :/ will update tonight hopefully...after homwork and chores and dinner and...

Her Little Dark Side

Lessons

Regan quickly trotted after Blair, begining to regret his decision. He knew though that it was too late to take it back. She would probably kill him. No, she would definetly kill him. He unconciously put his hand to his throat and thought about home. Maybe running away and teaming up with a powerful witch wasn't the greatest idea he'd ever had, but he'd rather learn to be a swordsman by Blair than not at all.

"Hurry up!" she called over her shoulder.

He quicked his pace and fell into step beside her. Even though she was at least a head shorter than him he still had to make quite an effort to keep up.

"Where are we going?" he asked, out of breath.

"Theres a settlement on the otherside of this forest-"
"You mean the 'Happy Valley'?"

"Yes. We will be safer there."

"Why don't we just cut around here and take the quicker way, over Lake Dezeraie?"

She stopped and looked at him, amusment playing at the corners of her full mouth.

"You haven't heard?"

"Heard what?"

"The entire lake was cursed a few months back. Hades decided to have a little fun." she told him, her voice bitter, it seemed to always be bitter.

"What did he do to it?"

"I'm not sure," she replied, frowning, "but I did try that way, because I'm not stupid and the whole thing was a rich black. It was like sludge...as if evil itself had settled in the very core of the lake."

Regan shivered, "why would he do that?"

"He's Hades...why wouldn't he? He's evil to his very soul and when you get like that there's nothing you can do to reverse it. Trust me, I know."

He shivered again, assuming he was talking about herself, not knowing who her father really was.
"How do you know it was Hades?"

"After I saw Lake Dezeraie and headed back into the forest, I came across a group of travellers. They were talking about it and what The Circle was going to do about it."

"What are The Circle going to do about it?"

"Nothing, thats the thing. After outcasting me, they did nothing else did they! They left me here knowing the capabilty I had and now I've run into you. You, Regan, who is going to help me gain my magic back! The Circle has become lazy in all its thousands of years, and in the worst time too."

"But why wouldn't The Circle want to do everything possible to stop this?"

"The Circle is not all it's cracked up to be. The only reason those crack pots are still in power is because people fear them. Why, I have no idea, they can't even get rid of common trouble makers."

"Why did you do that stuff to those children?" he asked suddenly.

She was quiet for a while as if deep in thought. Then she spoke.

"I know things that The Circle couldn't even begin to imagine. I've seen things...done things..."

Regan shivered, for the third time and changed the subject.

"When are we going to start the lessons?"

She looked at him, a sly smile creeping across her lips.

"Never trust me, lesson number one."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.Subscribe.Enjoy