Status: BLANKING OUT :/ will update tonight hopefully...after homwork and chores and dinner and...

Her Little Dark Side

Tanyah, Queen Of The Faeries

Blair tried desperately to keep ahead of Regan but he insistently kept up with her stride. She turned in frustration, her black hair whipping around with her. He looked taken aback by her ferocity and slowed his pace. She sighed and kept walking

Suddenly mischievous laughter filled her ears and she stopped, hand on the hilt of her sword. Regan stopped a few steps behind her, taking in her defensive stance. The laughter jingled again and this time a flicker of movement caught her eye.

“Faeries.” She whispered, more to herself than to Regan.

“What?” questioned Regan.

“Shh.” She hissed, keeping still.

Suddenly a tall woman stepped out of the trees. Her hair was a halo of golden, cascading down her shoulders in loose, spiralling curls. Her facial features were pointed; her nose, her ears, her chin. But she was still beautiful. Her eyes were wide and blinking, the violet irises framed by thick curls of black lashes. She was wearing a dress of flowing material, although it seemed it wasn’t material at as, but as if she was wearing a garment made of pure magic. It shimmered and rippled as she glided towards them, her wings glistening, the same colour as her eyes.

Regan gasped and Blair snorted. She found it overrated for the queen of the faeries to be a shining beauty. But deep inside Blair felt fear. When battling the Ripper she felt no fear, just basic instinct for survival, but when she looked into the cold depths of the faerie queen’s eyes she felt a chill seep into the very depth of her soul.

The faerie queen swept her hand in a dramatic fashion and two small girls flew to be by her side. They were smaller that the faerie queen, a lot smaller. They were around twenty centimetres in height and just as beautiful. The one hovering by her left shoulder had caramel coloured hair which fell down her back in straight, silky curtains. Her eyes were a daffodil yellow but as she smiled she revealed small pointed teeth. The other, on the right, had short chocolate brown hair which jutted out in what would’ve seemed to be cute spikes but when her hand brushed her arm Blair swore she saw a bone drop to the ground and bounce into the bushes. Her eyes were just black with no shades or any other tone. Blair looked into those eyes and felt the chill again. She glanced over at Regan, even though she didn’t really want to take her eyes of the malevolent faeries. Regan’s face was awed, his mouth hanging open and eyes wide. He hadn’t seemed to notice the eerie signs of danger; he was too caught up in the faerie queen’s ravishing beauty.
Just then the queen spoke, opening her perfect mouth.

“I am Tanyah, Queen of the faeries. Who are you?” she purred her voice sweet and slightly sensual.

“We are two...travellers from...a shanty town. We are looking for Happy Valley; do you know a quicker way to get there?” stuttered Regan.

She slinked forward, her dress rustling around her. She stopped so her face was only a few centimetres away from his.

“Well,” she breathed,”why don’t you travel with us?”

Blair watched in disgust as he nodded enthusiastically. She cleared her throat, causing Tanyah to look her way.

“I think we’re fine on the path we have chosen.” Said Blair, lightly placing her pale hand on the hilt of her sword; a discreet warning.

Tanyah laughed and it rang throughout the forest.

“Your friend here doesn’t seem to agree.”

She looked a Regan who was getting fussed over by the other two faeries. They looked at her and smiled evilly, their jagged teeth showing. They slowly flew over to her and introduced themselves.

“I’m Elfrida,” Said the one with the caramel hair and yellow eyes.

“And I’m Necia,” Hissed the one with the spiked black hair.

“Blair.” She introduced herself.

Elfrida gracefully flew to Blair’s side and began to braid her hair. Blair pulled away roughly, snatching the hair away from the faeries long, pointed fingers.

Tanyah laughed again.

“Why so touchy young Blair?” she asked, brushing her fingers along Blair’s cheekbone.

With a hissing noise Tanyah pulled away, clutching her hand.

“You have magic...powerful magic.” She cried pointing an accusing finger right in Blair’s face.

“Not anymore.” Regan commented, as if he were doing nothing more than commenting on the races or the weather.

Blair almost killed him there but instead turned to the now grinning Tanyah.

“Well then, that’s a different story.” She giggled.

Suddenly swarms of other faeries flew out of the scrub. They gathered behind the queen, glowing magic at their fingertips.

“Good one!” yelled Blair as she unsheathed her sword and dove into the mass of writhing faeries.

She swung her sword every which way sometimes feeling contact and other times hitting nothing but air. She grinned; satisfied when she heard the tiny screams from the wicked, winged beasts.

Just then Tanyah knocked her back and loomed over her. Blair reached for her sword but the queen deftly kicked it out of reach.

“Now,” she seethed, “a feast!”

She raised her arms and Blair saw the magic that brewed there. Sparks were beginning to jump from her fingertips and her tall body was surrounded by a pulsing glow.

But she was suddenly thrown from where she was standing over Blair and slammed into a nearby tree. Tanyah slumped against the trunk and groaned. Blair looked up to see Regan standing in front of her, hand extended. She took it and he hauled her to her feet. Quickly he bound the queen with a strong binding spell. Blair strode over to Tanyah, ignoring her attempt of escape. Silently Blair raised her sword and the struck downwards, embedding it into Tanyah’s chest. Blood flowed around the sword and dripped onto her dress in a crimson mess. Her head drooped and her body went still. With a ghastly sucking noise, Blair pulled the sword from where it was nestled in the faerie queen’s heart. They looked up to see her faerie subjects bowing for them.
Elfrida drifted forward, her head hung in remorse.

“You are now the new king and queen of the faeries.” She whispered.

Regan gasped but Blair kept her face blank.

“We killed your queen and now you need a new leader, but I suggest you find someone else. I will kill all of you, that’s a promise.”

Then she walked away letting Regan run to catch up with her. And as they disappeared into the trees they could hear the faeries banter over who was next for leader.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.Subscribe.Enjoy