Status: Very much active.

Doe Eyes

0015

Five days straight Bambi had been locked in the dark cold. She had scratches all over for things lurked in the other cages and she often got too close to them. She was hungry and weak, now on the fifth day she barely could move. She just sat there, waiting for the prince to come. Every day she’d been down there he had come to ask her to marry him and every day she had said no. Today though, she was wanting him. She wanted the food and sunshine he could offer.

When the door swung open for the dungeon she crawled to the edge, clutching the bars and staring up, waiting for him to appear. She gasped in surprise when she was met with the eyes of Xavier. “Xavier!” She exclaimed, straining to reach him. There was no one she felt safer with.

She had a lot of time to think while locked in the cages. She realized she had nothing to fear from Xavier, that he was truly a good man even if he was a demon. He had taken care of her and had never shown her cruelty.

“Shush, Bambi.” He said softly, gazing at her for a moment before starting to pick the lock. When it was open he lifted her, trying to get her to stand on her own but she was much too weak. Her light had faded, he noticed.He knew he had to get her to some sunlight soon.

He cradled her body close to his chest, starting to walk. He growled as Valsparos appeared at the top of the stairs.

“You dare defy me?” He snarled, stepping forward. He didn’t like the thought of Xavier coming in to steal his lady. “Set her down and get out or regret it.”

“Your lady? No. You went back on your word. She’s mine, you understand?” He stepped close, glaring. “She doesn’t even want you.”

“Set her down and duel me correctly.” He scowled, and Xavier glared, having hoped it wouldn’t have to be like this. Out of the shadows stepped Nico, taking Bambi with a sigh.

“She’ll be at my house for the winner.” He left, frowning as he did with the sleeping girl in his arms. He just hoped this would not end badly for Xavier.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Sorry it's been so long.