Status: Very much active.

Doe Eyes

003

“Would you like some of this chicken, Bambi?” Nico asked her at dinner later that night, already knowing her answer. He knew she would never really want to eat anything but fruits and vegetables. He was fine with that if she ate enough of them, she seemed healthy. Just thin and that could be more than just her diet at work.

“N-n-no t-t-thank you.” Bambi replied, nibbling on a strawberry and trying not to get the juice all over her fingers. “A-are...t-t-there b-bears in the w-w-woods?”

“Bears? In these woods?” He gave a laugh, shaking his head. “Nah. They don’t like it very much in there.”

“B-b-but I..I h-h-heard a g-g-growling s-sound e-earlier...” She said, lip shaking as she thought about it. It was actually what had woken her from her nap. It was so loud and menacing.

“Probably just your imagination. There are not nor have there ever been any bears in those woods. Trust me. It’s not..Bear type of woods. You were probably just still in a daze from your nap.”

She stared at him, lip still quivering as she tried to agree with him. She couldn’t though. It was like he was hiding something. Was there even a type of woods bears liked? and no way had she been in a daze. She woke up with energy whenever she woke up, always ready to be on the run. But, why would he lie to her? He had no reasons to it would seem.

“I g-g-guess that’s p-p-possible.” She said softly, looking down at her plate of fruits and veggies. She went back to eating, eyes staring ahead as she thought.

“The woods are actually very safe. You should explore it tomorrow. I insist.” He said, grinning towards her now. The grin actually caused her to flinch and shake her head.

“N-n-no. It’s d-d-dark.” She did not want to go in those woods. She was sure to get lost and then something would eat her, bear or not.

“Then take a flashlight. You can’t just stay cooped in the house. You need to explore, Bambs. Really, you should.”

“O-o-okay I g-g-g-guess.” She didn’t want to agree but he seemed to be pressuring her into it almost.

“Good girl.”
-~-~-~-

The next day Bambi dressed in a sunshine yellow dress, her favorite type of clothing. Now that she had plenty of dresses she could wear them any time she wanted. She knew it wasn’t typical to dress in a dress while exploring but she didn’t think she would be going that far in. Maybe just an inch before she ran back to the house. She knew Nico was watching from the windows to make sure she actually went in and it was giving her chills. Why was he making her do this?

With the flashlight clutched tightly in her hand she took a few timid steps into the woods, shaking from fear. She turned around to go black and her eyes widened. Where had the entrance..gone? No, that wasn’t possible. entrances did not just disappear. She started to walk but seemed to just keep getting deeper into the woods. She felt tears prick her eyes as she tried to get out, ignoring the scratches tree branches were giving her. She gave a small shriek as her flashlight went out.

“N-n-n-no.” She whimpered, sliding down to the ground and drawing her legs up to her chest as she tried to ignore them. The things. They were grabbing at her, trying to pull her with them. she creamed again, chest heaving up and down painfully. “N-no. N-n-no! P-p-p-please s-s-s-s-s-stop.”

She was screaming for hours before someone gently picked her up, holding her as she flailed. She peeked and eye open, trying to determine who it was. It was too dark and she had to close her eyes as things started to move again. She let out a sob, hiding her face as she quaked.

“I’m sorry Bambs.” whispered Nico as they stepped into the blinding light. “I had to be sure it was you.”

She didn’t understand and she didn’t want to. She simply knew he was a not someone to ever trust again. He was just like the mean girls at the orphanage. She allowed him to carry her into her room where he set her down and then left her, letting her cry into her pillows. She was really scared, he finally realized. He understood too, better then any doctor would.

Xavier had been right. This was the one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well..I still have one subscriber...>.> More would be nice..and a comment or two...

Nico is kinda like...Nee-co..Not like..Nick-o...O.O Heh. :D