Status: Very much active.

Doe Eyes

0004

Bambi was not talking to Nico and a stiff silence had formed over the entire house. It had been two days and the girl still had not opened her mouth. She had hardly moved from the bed, eyes just staring at the wall across from her bed. He had taken care of her scratches from the woods, which were many as she had been running blindly and into different objects. He decided it was best to leave her, only trying one time to apologize but she had ran from him.

She did not trust him. It was his fault she had gone into those woods. It was his fault her batteries had died. It was his fault the darkness had tried to get her. She sniffled and climbed off the bed, hunger finally getting to her. She had ignored it for as long as she could but two days without food was certainly not healthy.

She stepped into the kitchen, going to the fridge to get some fresh fruits. She was nibbling on the strawberry when Nico stepped into the room, a frown on his face. He had just received a call that he did not approve of.

“Bambi..I..I really am sorry.” He said quietly, taking a step towards her and huffing as she took a step back. “Well...Fine. I just thought I would come tell you we are having company over later today and you will be expected at dinner. I hope you forgive me before then. You’ll need me on your side.”

She watched him leave, staring at the floor once he was completely gone. A visitor? Who would be visiting? She hated that he always seemed to be keeping something from her. Like there was some big secret she was not allowed to know.

She went upstairs with the strawberries, deciding to just spend the rest of the day up there until she had to go meet his visitor. Probably just another person who would trick her like he had. She pulled on a pair of pajama pants and snuggled into the blankets giving a small yawn as she fell asleep.
_~_

“I do not think she is ready yet, Xavier. Not to meet you. Not to see you.” Nico snapped into the phone, being highly brave to stand up to Xavier. “No it’s just...She’s mad at me and I think you’re a very intimidating person...No you don’t understand. No. She’s worse then that. It’s like...if you talk to loudly, she flinches. If you try to touch her, she jumps. If you...Okay fine. You come over and scare her and see if she ever trusts you then!”

He ran a hand over his face and sat at his desk. He was unsure what to do and he sat like that for hours until he heard a stern knock at the door. With a deep sigh he went to the door, opening it up and calling for Bambi.

At the door stood Xavier himself. He was a strong looking fellow, about 6’0 in height. He had muscles that Bambi figured would crush her if they had reason to. His hair was a charcoal black and his eyes..His eyes. His eyes were a deep, dark brown that Bambi stared at as she swore they were black. He was wearing a pair of black dress pants and a button up black shirt. His whole...appearance screamed danger in her mind and she took a timid step back, lip already shaking.

“Hello.” he said, giving her a charming smile and stepping forward, trying not to laugh as she skittered back. “You must be Bambi. I’m Xavier. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. “

She didn’t respond. still staring at him with fear. Like he was a predator and she was nothing but his prey. She only looked away when Nico made a noise.

“Dinner is ready. Let’s go eat.” He turned, Bambi and Xavier following him to what would be the most tense dinner Bambi would ever eat at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :)