Status: Very much active.

Doe Eyes

005

“So, Bambi, why don’t you tell me about yourself?” Xavier asked once they were all settled down at the table. He was sitting directly across from her, eyes not moving from her face much except to occasionally glance down at his food. His food repulsed Bambi the most. It appeared to be just a piece of steak. Not even cooked, just..steak.

“W-w-w-w-what...k-k-k-k-k-k-kind of s-s-stuff?” She whispered, hand shaking as she nibbled on a strawberry. Her stutter was heavier than usual as she felt his eyes on her.

“Oh just anything you want to tell me.” He replied, his smile taking on an evil glint as he watched her shake. It was bringing all kinds of delight to him.

She shook her head, giving a tiny sniffle. This was too much for her little heart and she actually started to cry as she often did when so scared.

“See? I told you she was not ready yet, Xavier!” Nico snapped as he knelt down beside of Bambi and ran a hand through her hair. He lifted her up and sat down with her, trying to get her to calm down. “I do not think this thing is a good idea at all. Why can you not just find another?”

“Because she is the one, Nico.”

“Well, you’re going to give her a heart attack if you keep this up. You should feel her heart right now.”

“Oh whatever. She will just have to get used to it.” He muttered, going to their side of the table and crouching down beside of them so he could look at Bambi. “Perhaps we should just tell her, Nico. Instead of letting it just spring up on her.”

“T-t-t-tell m-me what?” Bambi asked, hugging tighter onto Nico now that Xavier was standing so close.

“You’re future. What you are. where you came from.” Xavier sighed softly and went to sit down again. “We will eat and then we will have this talk in the parlor.” He cut into his steak, making sure to keep his eyes from Bambi as Nico set her back in her seat so she could finish her meal.

It was hard for him to do, he was naturally drawn to her much like the darkness was. It was almost painful to keep his eyes away from her but he managed to do it for the rest of the dinner which seemed to bring her much ease. Though. he figured, she would be fearful again once in the parlor. A conversation she wasn’t supposed to hear for at least a month.

A month early and with a girl easily scared, it would not be easy but he was prepared. Especially with Nico.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three subscribers? :O Thanks. this one is kind of short but I'll probably have another one written soon. :)
Comment?