Status: Getting good...

A Shot at Love

of 'a shot at love'

Violet...♥
Image

My heart was pounding, my mixed emotions jumbling inside me; it was quite the odd feeling. My cheeks cramped from the smile, yet my soul dropped to below freezing. Although Elena got the gold with the high fives, I was pretty enthusiastic with my share of compliments, and no doubt I would go down in history for this. But by the power of natural insecurities, the thought constantly re-entered my mind, the deep crisp edge of pain that I was long gone in this show and I completely blew my chance for a hot marriage. To add to this gutsy feeling inside me, as a plus Elena ran straight into her room and looked ripped apart. I knew my place, and I had common sense; I knew who was right. Elena was telling the truth and we all knew it, all accept the oh so innocent Kellan Lutz. The most important of them all to understand, and sweetheart, he hasn’t a clue to his name.

All this was jobbing marathons through the veins in my brain when suddenly, I heard a small click. I turned, standing up from my seat on the bench to see the door to Elena’s room opening. I was stunned to see the sights of her, although I’m not real sure why in this situation. She looked hardcore emo with all the black dark mascara dripping down her face, adding to that was her slight hint of red make-up somehow doubling in its supply and making its way all around her lips showing the identity of what may be a circus clown. Locals would mistake her for one, I’m sure. Her nose was beet red and her lips were dried and rubbed from all the tissues, my golly this girl needs me.

“Holy crepes Elena, you look like you’ve just been mauled by a rabid beaver,” I gasped. The slightest touch of a faint smile escaped on her lips, but quickly disappeared with a sniffle and a tissue. “Thanks for the pep talk Violet.” She began hushed sobs under that stupid tissue and started walking sorely to her bed. I invited myself in naturally, and closed the door behind me. My heart almost immediately began aching as I watched her wail on the bed, me coming over and patting her head soothingly. “It’s okay its okay…” I whispered. She looked up; her eyes red with circles around them, making me wonder how in the world she managed it that way. “I should have never have came here! If I hadn’t, I and Eren still would have been friends… I wouldn’t have all this drama and feel so lonely! I haven’t seen my family for weeks, and now it’s all been a complete waste!” I was breathless, wordless. After a while of trying to come up with something inspirational, I just continued to pat her back reassuringly and hear her quiet cries.

Moments Later the door knocked, and it was obvious to everyone who was behind that wood between us. Elena’s face puckered up and for a second I thought she was gonna puke in my lap but luckily instead, she just turned and sobbed puddles into her pillow. I sighed, “Should I not let him in, hun?” She stuffed her face harder into the soft fabric but I was able to make out “He’s here to make his decision, and I’m not going to wait.” I got up and opened the door, not taking a second look at the visitor before walking out slowly. “I’ll leave you two alone…”

Elena...♥
Image

I heard those words from Violet and then heard the door slam, heard someone sit next to me, and instantly felt the lonely chill creep up and down my spine. I didn’t want to see his face, I couldn’t see his face! Instead, I kept my face buried in this hotel pillow, sobbing my eyes out…
“Elena… I’m sorry I judged it so fast.” He whispered. I kept my eyes closed shut, gulping down my sobs. “Elena, I don’t know the full story okay, and you need to give me credit because I’m honestly lost and… seeing you, every day, makes my heart beat faster.” He whispered, and I opened my eyes wide in astonishment. “And if you left, nothing would be the same. You make everyday worth the effort and… I’d miss you too much so please don’t leave me…” I wanted to keep my face buried in the pillow, but oxygen was low and I couldn’t hold my breath for so long.

I emerged my face to see his eyes. My heart swam, getting lost in the maze in his eyes, my mind knocking dizzy. “What about Eren…” I questioned slowly. “Come on Elena, I love you… honestly, truly love you. But I need to make this work, I’m trying to find my wife and it’s hard for me.” I stood, choked up, shocked, not wanting to look in those eyes. I just closed my eyes releasing the tears, letting them stream down my red cheeks. He did something unexpected though, he came close. I could feel his breathe on my ear, “And if you weren’t here… I’d never be able to do this…” He gently put his cold hands on my waist, which of course I had to be a psycho and have a spasm, stubbing my toe into the desk beside me. He chuckled, “And I couldn’t hold you close…” He pulled me in, and I laid frozen in his arms. “We wouldn’t be able to do any of this either.” He picked me up and spun me around in the air like I was as light as a penny. I was frozen cold during this, but woke up right away when he literally tossed me on the bed and got over me. He took my chin in his hand, “And the fireworks would be silenced.” He kissed me full out on the lips. My heart was completely traumatized, but I couldn’t handle it.

I pushed him off of me, “Get off of me Kellan… I can’t do this anymore…” I mumbled, rubbing my temples. “Ever again?” He asked slowly. I felt my mind numb, “No I mean, I can’t think right now.” He looked away, “Oh.” There was silence, with me still rubbing me forehead trying to rid the stress, the overwhelmed feeling. “Well, please think about it Elena… I would be lost without you and…” I didn’t look up to see the feeling in his eyes. He finished with saying “Think about it…” and left the room. The sudden darkness scared me a bit. The full blast really crept up then, hitting me as soon as I slowed down enough for it to catch up. I looked at my bags, already packed and neat. What was there to do?

Another knock on my door made my head spin up. Violet no doubt, wanting the full scoop. I was confident I wouldn’t answer the door until she got annoying and continuously knocked and knocked. I finally got up and faced the music. But I was in for a surprise, because there stood Eren, in a brand new striped shirt. I was so surprised I couldn’t move, which was perfectly fine since she invited herself in and slammed the door behind her, not a soul in the hallway. He turned and glared at me, her hair still soaped but slightly drier. She looked like she was about to turn a fast one on me.

“What do you think you’re doing!?” She bitched at me, her voice hot and spicy. My brain froze, and I just stared at her. “You may think you have me right where you want, but you’re so wrong. I’m going to make sure you crash and burn Elena. If you think throwing me in the pool with Kellan was going to damage anything, you were wrong. I’m going to wipe the floor with you bitch, I have it all planned.” I just stood frozen, confused, like a three year old. “It’s just war now. You think this is going to be a princess ride for you, but I’m going to make you wish you never came.” I gathered just a thread of confidence and tried to defend myself, “Why are you treating me this way Eren, we-we’re friends… but that’s wrong now…” I spoke with tar and acid.

She rolled her eyes, “Friends?” She laughed bitterly, making my heart sink through the souls of my shoes. “Times have changed, not anymore. You got that right, and I’m not letting you get your way….” She glared down on me, and I felt like a kid being bullied. “Watch it, because your just a slut and an attention whore and that’s all you’ll ever be, you might as well just do the one thing you’ve done right this whole time, and that is to quit while you’re still on safe land, but if you stay I’ll throw you right into shark water.” I couldn’t believe what she was saying… this had been my friend for so many years? She whipped around towards the door, walking to it and flinging it open, the hallway barren of life. She turned and smiled wickedly, “I’ll be in Kellan’s room.” And with that, she was off. Leaving me cold and lifeless, frozen in the middle of my own room….
♠ ♠ ♠
"The Queens Been Overthrown"
^^ The original title :]

Sorry for being extra long, and taking extra long... hope you liked it!