Status: About once or twice a week. More if I ever get a break from school. :)

The Damned

Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Thirty-one
Easter's POV

I felt increasingly nervous as I watched the sun go down Micah and our friends will be home soon. Eventually, I heard the door to the house open and my friends walked in the house. I could hear them ask about Lillian's check up with Lottie and Micah wanted to know where I was. Lillian told Micah that I was in her room and for everyone else to give us some privacy.

Micah walked into the room nervously a moment later. "Easter? Sweetie, is something wrong? Are you okay?" he asked, sitting on the bed next to me.

"No, I'm fine. Everything's great. This is going to be a bit of a shock though. "I'm…I'm, um, pregnant," I whispered.

Micah just stared at me. "You're what?!"

"I'm-"

"No, I heard you. I was just surprised is all. Oh my god, sweetie! We're going to be parents! We're going to have a baby!" he squealed, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me softly. He pulled away only to place a hand on my stomach and murmur, "Our baby."

"Um, actually babies. Lottie thinks we'll have three. At least she could see three. There could be more," I told Micah, fully expecting him to pass out.

That's why I was pleasantly surprised when he just smiled and hugged me again. "I love you so much, Easter. I'l have enough money for us to move soon. We'll be able to take care of our babies and then we can get married when we're old enough and-"

"Are you asking me to marry you?" I asked, my eyes going wide.

"Yes, but I don't have a ring or anything I can give you. I can at least propse to you the right way," Micah said, nervously dropping down to one knee.

He didn't get the chance to say anything else before I dropped to the ground in front of him. "Yes! Yes, I'll marry you. I love you," I said, I hugged and kissed him desperately.

"I love you, darling," Micah whispered. "I promise wanting to marry you has nothing to do with the babies. I've been wanting to ask you for awhile now."

"I know, Micah. I love you, too," I told him. "Micah, how can you be so calm about this? I'm so happy about having our babies, but I still freaked out a little when I found out."

"Maybe that's why," Micah said. "I need to be calm for you and I'm happy about them. That, or I'm building up points so that I can pass out in the delivery room."

I laughed at him. "You'd better not do that to me," I told him.

Micah grinned at me. "I won't."

Lillian called us to dinner then and we went to the dinner table, excited to share our news. As I'd expected, everyone was happy for us, even though Haven and Indigo were a little worried about how much more diffilcult our lives will be.

We went to bed happier than we've ever been that night. Micah and I could hardly wait for our babies to be there with us.

After that day, Micah had to start working even more, which I didn't like at all, but I knew it was necessary. Micah has to have money so that the house is prepared for the babies, if we don't get a new house by the time they are born.

Recently though, something has been scaring me. Maybe it's just because I've been the only one around during the day, but it seems like Lillian's been getting sick a lot. I know that sometimes she doesn't even want to get out of bed, so I try to be as helpful and quiet as possible. When I asked her about it, she said it was just because of the pregnancy. I'm not so sure that she's right, but I'm not going to argue with her about it. Besides, she seems fine most of the time.

Other than that, life was going pretty good. Lillian's baby was growing so much bigger, being that she was almost eight months pregant. I'd stopped worrying about her getting so sick. If she was right about it having to do with the pregnancy, then it'd all be over soon.

I was almost five months pregnant. I didn't even notice I was starting to show until Seven pointed out a couple of months ago. The rest of my friends finally admitted they'd noticed a few weeks ago, but were afraid I'd get angry and think that they were calling me fat. I told them I wasn't going to get angry about something like that. I'd get angry about the fact that they thought I would act like a hormonal girl. Of course me saying that meant that I was acting like a hormonal girl, which made me even more annoyed.

Finally, after everyone had come home one day and was gathered around the dinner table, I saw something that I hadn't seen happen to anyone in a long time. In the middle of telling us about how her baby was really kicking today, Lillian's soul had fallen out of her body. While everyone continued talking happily, I stared at her in horror. Lillian is going to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, you haven't been given a cliffhanger in awhile...I can't be nice forever. :D