Status: About once or twice a week. More if I ever get a break from school. :)

The Damned

Chapter Fifty

Chapter 50
Easter's POV

I felt so nervous, standing outside the doors to the throne room. Today is the day, I will be crowned prince. These last few months have been the most normal months of my life. Isn't that weird? I've been going to all these royal functions and classes to learn how to rule and that's normal for me. I would never have thought that this is what my life would be like, but I can't complain.

I took a deep breath and willed myself not to turn around and run. Why would they want to do this in front of so many people? What if I mess up? I don't even know what I'm supposed to do because no one will tell me.

"Easter, stop fidgeting," Haven said, softly.

I blushed and stopped playing with the hem of my suit jacket, which was probably the most expensive thing I've ever owned. Haven smirked at my blush. "I'm sorry. I'm just nervous. There's so many people in there."

"You'll do fine. I've got to go inside now. Don't trip," Haven snickered, as he went inside and left me alone.

Oh, great. I'll have to remember to thank Haven for giving me something else to worry about.

Finally, I looked at the clock and realized I needed to go in. I walked into the throne room, imagining that it was just me, my parents, and my friends in the room; not the hundreds of strangers. When I got to the front of the room, my parents told me to kneel and they put the crown on my head. Then, everyone applauded and I got up.

I knew I looked confused. "Is that all?" I asked, thinking that this was all a lot of fuss over nothing.

"Not quite," my mother said, looking teary-eyed and smiled.

"Wha-"

I didn't even have to finish my question because Micah walked up to me with Seven right behind him, holding Hallie. I smiled at my baby son with his little golden baby crown on his head. Hallie had been crowned prince on his first birthday, like I would have been if I'd grown up here. Hallie was holding a little pillow with two rings on it. Seven, Jay, and Indigo

My eyes went wide. "Micah?" I asked, wondering if this could be what I thought it was.

Micah smiled. "You said you wanted to marry me, right? Do you want to get married now?"

I was mortified to discover that I was about to start crying. I just nodded. A man who had been standing to the left of my parents moved to stand in front of us. I reached out to hold Micah's hands and couldn't take my eyes off him, even though I was blinking back tears.

Micah grinned at me. "Don’t cry, Easter."

I sniffled and smiled back at him. "I'm just so happy."

The man who would be marrying us started the ceremony. I didn't listen to a thing he said. A stranger can't explain what Micah means to me and I to him.

"I do," I whispered.

Micah smiled at m eand this time I wasn't the only one crying. "I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. :)
Tell me what you think?