Status: CoMpLeTe!

Two Birds With One Stone

Secrets and Morals

Inside the house I could see a well furnished room. It was like your normal living room, a nice black leather couch next to a green ottoman, in front of a russet coffee table. Between the couch and chair was a russet end table. In front of the room was a tan, wooden entertainment center filled with a TV, Stereo, and many DVDs, video games, and CDs. The floor was a dark navy blue that seemed to just go with the bright blue walls. The room would’ve had a comfortable feeling to it if I wasn’t already frightened to death.
When I was fully in the house, I heard the door slam and I was thrown to the floor. When I got my senses back and was about to scream I noticed a gun being pointed at me. The person holding the gun was a stout, Caucasian, man. The man looked to be about middle-aged, maybe between 25 and 40.He was about 6 feet tall like Jones and had dark red hair. He had on dark denim jeans with a red plain shirt. He reminded me of John Goodman from the sitcom “Roseanne”.
“Scream and I’ll shoot,” the kidnapper said. “Why are you here?”
“I…you…Lee,” I stammered forgetting my excuse.
“Spit it out, kid” the stranger raged.
“Murder,” is all I could make out. I wanted to slap myself; I had just provided this man with unnecessary information and possibly confessed.
“That’s what I thought, so you may know that I am Mr. Kies,” the criminal admitted. “Ya, I know you were there when I killed that Jones guy, but did you see him kill anyone?”
“No” I say, but I know Mr. Kies knows I’m lying.
“Whatever, you’re a witness,” Mr. Kies declares and raises his gun. It is at that moment that my senses kick in and I get up and run. Mr. Kies shoots, misses, and chases after me. I run through a backdoor out into a backyard. Jones must of had kids because in the back there is an in ground pool and a jungle gym. I consider these two things quickly and see that they are useless in my situation and run to where the fence is. The fence was a 3-5 feet tall wire gate. Normally I could easily climb over but this was a desperation situation. Without even thinking I put my hand on the gate and swung my legs over like a gymnast. I knew Mr. Kies couldn’t do that or get over the fence that quick so I ran and hid behind a tree in the neighbor’s yard so as not to get shot. I then whip out my cell phone and call the police.
While I wait for the police, I distract Mr. Kies so he doesn’t try to escape. I run my protection tree to a rose bush and back while he tries to shoot at me from behind the gate. It only takes the police about 3 minutes to arrive and 10 seconds for Mr. Kies to realize what I did. He starts to try to scurry up over the gate but is swiftly caught by a police man. While Mr. Kies was trying to get over the fence, he dropped his gun so he is unarmed. He struggles with the police officer for a little but then a few more come and hold him down, handcuff him, and take him to a police car. A detective comes over to me.
“Hello, kid, I’m Detective Broshier,” the man female says. “What happened here?”
I tell Broshier a summary of the story leaving no minor details out. I’m glad that I’m meeting a real detective but sad for the reason why. I’m also proud of myself for actually solving the mystery and not backing out when I could have easily left the case to the professionals. As Detective Broshier tells me how lucky I was and how it was wrong what I did, I think over what I did and have remorse for my neighbor and Jones. I also feel bad for Jones’ family and can’t wait to see mine.
As I head home in Detective Broshier’ car and I actually do realize that she was right. I am fortunate to believe. I was trapped in a house at one time with two killers and another with one. I shouldn’t have tried to solve something the authorities could have done easily. Now I feel like I put my life on the line for nothing that this is what the police go through all the time and they probably knew they wouldn’t die for sure. Great, the largest adventure of my life just turned into the most important life lesson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and Rates are appreciated! :)