Status: - Complete -

Scars

3/3

When we woke up again, night had fallen. The artificial orange glow of the streetlamp on the other side of the street cast thin, odd streaks of light into the room and when I opened my eyes, the first thing I do was lift my arm to close the blinds.

"No don't," Sadie suddenly protested, putting her hand on my arm to stop me. "It's pretty," She said. I let go of the blinds' cord and wrapped my arm back around Sadie, tucking my face against her scar-less right shoulder. Sadie heaved a sleepy sigh and stared up at my ceiling.

"Hey," She suddenly said softly and turned her head to loot at me. I opened my eyes. The streetlamp made her scar look a sleeping animal; some kind of bear or lion, something with claws that was sound asleep. Sadie's eyes were shining a little in the dark as she looked at me.

"You never told me why you chose to do your project on me," She whispered.

"Oh," I breathed, brushing my lips against her skin. "Because you're smart and sweet... I feel lucky to know you," I said. Sadie smiled knowingly.

"So it had nothing to do with..." She trailed off and touched her hand to her neck as she looked at me.

"A little," I admitted. "... but I wanted to show people there was more to you than your scar. You know, the stuff I see. Your personality," I went on. Sadie's smiled turned a little sad.

"She has a great personality," She whispered sarcastically and turned her head to look at the ceiling.

"Well, you do. You're a great person," I said stubbornly. Sadie kept staring at the ceiling.

"... and plus you're beautiful," I murmured loudly against her shoulder.

"Bullshit," Sadie accused in the dark, grinning a little. I smiled.

"You are. You're so pretty," I said.

"No I'm not," Sadie disagreed flatly.

"You are! Your eyes are beautiful and your boobs are beautiful-"

"Shut up," Sadie laughed.

"... you scar is beautiful," I confessed. Sadie swallowed and glanced at me before looking at the ceiling again.

"No it isn't," She said, quiet but firm.

"I think it is," I said.

"... that's nice, Tom," Sadie said softly. I stared at her for a minute, then abruptly turned away from her.

"What-" She started to ask, but watched as I dug around in my bed side table drawer. I pulled out a Bic lighter. I sat up and flicked the lighter switch, watching the flame spark up automatically.

"What are you doing?" Sadie demanded, sitting up too. I hovered my hand over the small flame.

"Stop that. Tom, that's not funny," She said trying to pull my arm away. I elbowed her gently.

"Just hang on a second," I said, staring at the fire.

"Don't! You're being stupid-" Sadie said impatiently, slapping the bed. I hissed in pain when the white hot tip of the flame touched my palm.

"Cut it out!" Sadie yelped and knocked the lighter out of my hands. It clattered on the floor, the little flame extinguished. I was holding my freshly burned hand in my unblemished hand. Sadie grabbed my upper arm.

"Come on. We have to run that under cold water," Sadie said urgently, tugging on my arm.

"No," I said and sat there determinedly.

"Tom, you're being crazy," Sadie informed me. She reached around to dig in my bed side table drawer. "Don't you have lotion or something?" She asked.

"Lubricant," I shrugged. I watched her soft, female body move around on my bed as she looked for lubricant. Her scar seemed to move on its own, shifting in the opposite directions she would move. She was so fucking beautiful.

"Hey Sad, why do you read those trashy romance novels?" I asked, feeling a little jealous of my fictional competition. Sadie didn't answer me, and turned to face me, a half empty bottle of lubricant in her hand. I took it from her and dropped it on the ground. She huffed at my lack of cooperation and sat back on her legs.

"Do you think it will scar?" I whispered hopefully, holding up my palm to show her.

"I don't think so," She said quietly. "I think it'll heal over nicely," She said. I made a face of disappointment and rested my palm in my lap, looking down at it. Sadie slid closer to me and I felt her lean against my shoulder.

"You've got perfect skin- like the girls in those romance novels," She murmured thoughtfully. I looked at her legs. Her scar was touching my boring, hairy leg.

"You don't want a scar like mine," Sadie said, touching my hair, and then she kissed the stubble on my ordinary cheek.

-End.