Karma's Revenge

Pinky Promise

I sighed as I brought the cup of coffee to my face, breathing in the relaxing aroma before I took a sip.

"Mm," I moaned out, as I placed my cup down on the table before laughing at Mikey's face.

"...Did you just moan because of coffee?"

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Screw you. Coffee's my medicine for when my life's been shitty."

He gave me a piteous smile. "Wanna talk about it?"

I sighed, taking another sip from my coffee before I looked around, glad that Starbucks was almost empty, besides the workers manning the whole thing behind the counters.

"If I tell you, you have to promise you won't tell anyone, okay?" I asked, all laughter gone from my face.

He sighed before he held his pinky out. "I pinky promise."

I sighed, letting a small smile grace my lips before I hooked my pinky with his.

I explained everything that had happened last night, including finding the flower on my bunk. Let's just say that by the time I finished the story, Mikey was on the verge of a meltdown.

"And we fucking left you out on the bus by yourself?!?"

I shrugged. "None of you knew. But yeah, that was why I was ... anxious about being left on the bus alone."

His jaw visibly clenched before he grabbed my hand and marched me out of the restaraunt.

"Hey!" I said, trying desperately to keep up. "Where are we going?"

"To the police," he replied curtly.

"Nuh uh!" I said, giving up on walking and settling for letting my legs give out so that he was having to drag me. He sighed before he stopped, looking at me.

"And why not?"

I pouted, trying to keep my real feelings bottled up. "You promised you wouldn't tell anyone and I'm pretty sure if the fucking police finds out, everyone'll know."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Saphs, you have a fucking stalker on your trail who threatened and injured you."

I sighed, looking at him with puppy dog eyes. "Please? I only told you because I knew I would feel better if I talked to it about someone and I swear, next time I get another letter from him, I'll go straight to the police."

He sighed, rubbing his temples.

"....I hate this."

"So you won't tell the police?" I asked, hugging him when he nodded his head.

"But I fucking swear, Saphs. You better get your ass to the police station next time he contacts you."

I nodded my head before pulling out of the hug, a smile on my face.

"Now, what shall we do on our day off?" I asked him, changing the subject.