Karma's Revenge

Idiot

Silence ensued for a few long moments before we let out loud cheers, hugging everyone around us.

“Holy shit. Your serious, Rob?” Colt asked, waiting for Rob to nod his head before he proceeded to hug Karma, laughing as he twirled her around.

“Are we touring by ourselves?” Rhett asked, one arm wrapped around my shoulders.

“Er, not quite.”

We stopped celebrating for the moment.

“What do you mean not quite?” I asked him, pulling away from Rhett.

“Well, you’re going to tour with two other bands-“

“You mean a three band tour?” Colt asked, cutting Rob off. Rob nodded before continuing.

“The two bands needed an opening act and they chose you guys.”

We all stared at each other, not sure how to react. “Why are we having a three band tour?” Karma asked him, breaking up the awkward moment.

Rob sighed. “The two bands agreed they needed a band to open up their act. Besides, last I heard, they were going to do some songs together or something like that.”

“What bands?” Rhett asked, moving himself so he was leaning against the wall.

Rob mumbled something that none of us caught.

“Rob, you know we did not hear what you said.”

He sighed. “I don’t really want to hear screaming right now since I have a migraine, so I’ll send the two bands in here so you guys can meet, alright. But in the meantime, why don’t you guys go into the practice room and practice a song or something?"

Karma and Colt were about to protest, but Rhett dragged them out of the room before they could utter a word. I turned to Rob with a raised eyebrow.

“Are they that popular?”

He grinned at me. “I think out of the four of you, you’ll be the happiest when you find out who you’re touring with.”

I shrugged before I headed over to the first practice room. As I entered the room, my three bandmates were in a heated argument. I sighed before I yelled out.

“Shut up!”

I picked up my guitar, strumming it once to make sure it was tuned before I turned to the band. “You heard Rob. Let’s get some practice in before we have to meet the band.”

Karma smiled softly at me nodding her head before heading over to the microphone. Rhett was just as understanding and walked over to the drumset, his own pair of drumsticks in his hands. Colt, on the other hand, was a different story.

“Why do we have to? We just finished fucking recording our album,” he complained, leaning against the wall. I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. I really hated how childish he could get at times like this.

“Colt. If I say we can play ’Sharpest Lives’ now, will you shut up and cooperate?”

He looked thoughtful for a moment before he shrugged. “Only if we get to play ’10 Miles Wide’ too.’

I felt like hitting him on his head. But I nodded my head anyways, beginning to play the beginning of ‘Sharpest Lives’.