Dear God

Pain

Dear God,

You probably don't have time for all my thoughts and questions and pleas and whatnot, but if I don't send you a letter, then you'll never have the chance to hear me.

I'm not going to go on a rant about the current status of the world, about war, about starving children in the Philippines or rape victims in Africa with HIV. To be completely honest, I hate when people blame you for those things. They claim, "If God existed, these sorts of things wouldn't happen." So easily is our responsibility forgotten. You gave us free will, and yet you are blamed for our mistakes. We also continuously seem to forget that you are not the only one out there. The Devil is out there, too, doing his best to rob us of our purity, stain our perspectives, and steal our souls.

We all have choices, everything we do is the result of a choice, but I have to ask, why must I have so much pain? Why have I been rushed to grow up? Why have I been given a "sixth sense," a "gift," if no one will believe me when I speak of such? Why have I been given a link to the spiritual if it cannot be filtered. I suppose it can be, but I always seem to have to do it. True, when things are rough, or when evil tries to seep in, it is You I call, and it is You who cleanses my portal, and for that I am forever great full.

But still, why me? I was born with these abilities, and I live to be mocked. Is this a test of my faith? I confess, I am more of a Deist than anything else, but please, open my eyes, or at least, make the doors more apparent to my poor vision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, if you'd like.