Status: Comments? Please?

The Haunting Shadows

TWO

I felt guilty when I saw Natalie waiting for me. She was sitting on the ground, legs and arms crossed, her eyes seemed like they were trying to glare holes into the ground. Her wet hair clung to her skin, and the water on her cheeks looked like diamonds. I walked up to her, hoping that she wouldn't be mad, but that was impossible, Natalie was as emotionless as a wilted flower. What used to be colourful, pretty, and kind, had turned to something dull and grey. She looked up at me with accusing eyes, much like that night, almost five years ago....

*Flashback*

Tears slid down my cheeks, this should not have happened. In my sorrow, I didn't notice the branches that reached out for me, eerily like hands, that grabbed at my sleeves as I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. I felt leaves get caught in my hair, but I didn't stop to pull them out. The rain slapped at my face, as if trying to make me run faster. I bare feet began to bleed as they stood on sticks and stones. The same thing repeated over and over in my head: Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

*Present*

I shook my head, it was not healthy to dwell in the past. I tried my best to smile, tried to forget that horrible night. Natalie and I walked to my car, I sat in the driver's seat and waited for her to get into the passenger's seat. When she finally got in, she leaned against the window, she stared at everything- and nothing.

"So, I'm sorry I was," I checked the time on my watch, I was half an hour late, "Half an hour late," I apologized.

"Nm," Natalie obviously didn't feel like talking to me. At all.

"Errrm, how was school?" I almost whispered, my eyes tearing up. As the wind roared and the rain slapped hungrily at the window, I was reminded yet again of that night. I tasted salty tears on my lips.

"Nm," Natalie replied, was that all she could say? Didn't I deserve being replied to with actual words, and not just sound? I knew she blamed me, I should have been quicker.

*Flashback*

Tree branches tore at my dress, the white dress was ripped around the bottom. My make-up slithered down my face, the relief was great when I saw the road up ahead. I began sprinting faster, my heart was pounding like battle drums, my feet and my muscles ached. I had been running for what felt like hours, but might only have been minutes, the mud on the forest floor didn't help. If I wasn't concentrating on running so much, I would have screamed from fright at what I had witnessed earlier.

*Present*

"I have a birthday party," Natalie reminded me, making me snap back to reality. I had only just noticed that I had been driving rather quickly. I didn't even remember starting up the car.

"Right, of course," Natalie had one friend that she had known forever. Her name was Teaghan, TeaTea for short. TeaTea was such a hyper girl, and really giggly too. She was having a birthday party that she invited Natalie to, I was kind of surprised when she decided to go. She never went anywhere anymore.

I pulled up in front of TeaTea's house, Natalie left without saying anything. Fine. I continued to drive home, on the way, I listened to Black Veil Brides- Knives And Pens. It was a very good song, I loved it. I had listened to the song a few times before my car broke down. I yelled in frustration and hit the steering wheel. Barely anyone travelled down this road, and my phone was out of credit. I had no idea what to do. Polly, my step-mother, would be at home already, so I'd have to wait until six, when my step-father, Brian, would be heading home. Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Next chapter! If you haven't heard of Black Veil Brides, you should listen to them! They're awesome! If you don't like them then that's fine, everyone has different taste in everything, and what music people like doesn't define them! :) Enjoy! =D