Status: Comments? Please?

The Haunting Shadows

Six

Darkness crawlled around the room. It blinded me, I couldn't see. I was chained to some kind of cold, stone table. Wire had been knitted through my lips, tying them together. Cold water dripped onto my head. I had heard that water dripping onto your head like that could cause insanity, so I moved my head to the side. I heard footsteps echoe on stone, my heart beat quickened in fear.

A metal door creaked open, "Subject number 29. New. Haz a knowledge for science. No known friends. Yes, yes, this will do nicely," chuckled an eerie man. He had a foreign accent. I raised my head, glad there was a dim light shining through, "Ah, she's awake, oh well, will make it more fun. Ah, but before we begin, let's explain why we do it," the man clapped twice and the table lifted itself upright. My eyes darted from side to side incessantly, where was I? Why was I here? Bright lights flashed on and I blinked, "Science. The search for knowledge, for understanding. That is why you are here. We are scientists. But as you may know, we scientists need something to study. We specialize in mutation, creating better, and stronger, humans, who many call monsters and mutants. You, my dear, you, are a human, but soon, you will be a mutant,"

The table fell backwards rapidly. I kicked about, desperate to be free, I wanted to scream as long, sharp needles pierced my stomach. A knife stabbed through my arm, slicing it in half. Blood flowed out like an over-filled lake, "I want to hear you scream," a male's voice growlled. The wires that tied my lips together were ripped off painfully. I screamed loudly, someone grabbed the left side of my mouth and pulled, ripping off most of my cheek. That was about when I fainted.

When I woke up, I was in a different room. Dim lights decorated the walls, thin blankets littered the floor. About twenty-eight other people stood around, all were terrified and heavily mutilated. My body was flooded with pain. I wondered how I was still alive. The wound on my arm was covered with duct tape, my cheek was stitched together. I looked in a puddle of water and saw that my face was covered with blood. I was completely covered with blood. I was about to say something when a boy, a few years older than me, sat down beside me, "Don't talk, it'll hurt," he adviced, I listened to him and shut up, "I'm sorry you had the misfortune to end up here. Believe me, this will seem like a walk in the park compared to what's coming up," I looked away.

"Liam! That's not helping!" snapped a woman, she looked like a girl version of Liam, both had light brown hair and green eyes. Although, Liam had sharp teeth and an un-naturally long, snake-like tongue, while the woman had long claws fashioned from her bones. Her legs were sticking out at an odd angle, but she walked fine.

"What? I'm only telling the truth!" Liam snapped back, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I wondered if he ever bit his tongue. I bet that if he did, it would fall right off.

"Give people some hope! She IS the youngest here! The youngest here!" she echoed her own words.

"You're repeating yourself again," stated Liam, the woman looked like she would've cried.

"I can't help it! Help it! Ever since that last- last, torture session, I have been! Have been! Anyway, I'm Henrietta, what's your name? Your name?"

"I'm Amanda," I gasped, my skin burning with pain. I felt myself being dragged backwards, but nothing dragged me along. I hit the wall and screamed as the wall collided with my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I've taken forever to update!