Status: Working progress.

Back from the dead?

Fiction Coming True

I closed my favorite book, remembering how my grandfather use to tell me this story all throughout my childhood. He said that it was our ancestor who plagued The Blood drinker so long ago, believing that the chamber was located somewhere on our property.

I smiled to myself, thinking about how I searched when I was young.

But now I 18 and have inherited my Grandparents estate. Seeing as my parents have died in a car crash. So now I live in the mansion by myself while going to college. I'm thankful that the house has been payed off so I could stay here as long as I need.

"Apollo, would you like to go out side?" I asked my German Shepard who was laying at my feet.

He stood up in excitement and turned his head to look at me asking if I was ready to go. I giggled at my beloved dog and stood up from my chair setting the century old book in the chair before continuing my walk to the back door.

I opened the french glass doors, letting the cool fall air blow through the kitchen and lounge.

Apollo ran out the door without a care in the world, happy to be running around free. I fallowed him and and decided to walk into the forest a little and explore.

Grandpa had always told me to stay away from the west side of the estate. I had always wondered why though.

What could be so bad?

I walked around the trees in circles for no reason when I spotted a cobble stone trail, that I had never seen before. I looked at it strangely, before continuing down the trail curiously.

When I was half a mile away from the house I noticed a tree on my left had a craved out whole in it. Another thing was that the tree was dead and had suffered badly from the weather.

I looked into the hole and found an old wooden box that had to have been in there for years.

I reached in and carefully took out the small cherry wood box.

Carefully lifting the lid of the box, wondering what could be so important and why it was here for so long.

I was surprised when the lid did not break off because of it's age. But inside the box was a beautiful gold key that looked to be in perfect condition. Looking at the key oddly I placed the small box back into the tree and slipped the key into my pocket continuing on the path that was a head of me.

I walked another half mile before coming to an old, creepy mausoleum.

It was made out of cement blocks and looked like it would collapse any minute. The door was dark like a black whole, that could suck you in to it's depths. Never able to come out.

I took the key from my pocket and walked to the door wondering whats on the other side.

Placing the key in the lock, I heard a click knowing that the door was now open.

Smiling to myself I walked in to the small room wishing I had a flash light for those few dark corners, but thankfully it was only two o'clock and the sun shinned brightly into the small hexagon shaped room.

"Wow." I whispered in amazement as if not wanting to disturb the spiders lurking about.

Looking around the room more I noticed a sarcophagus in the center just a few feet in front of me. It had strange chains twisted around it sealing whatever was inside.

I stepped around the long rectangular box getting a better look, wondering if this golden key will also unlock the chains.

I was proven right after placing the key into the strange lock and twisting it. Making the chains release their hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subcribe.^_^