Celebrity Skinned

01

Teen sensation moves from hustle and bustle

Movie star moves from LA mansion! The end of the beginning?

Teen sensation "wants peace and quiet"

This is all that was featured in the newspapers. The tabloids. How I hated them. This was what put stars in the gutter and destroyed their lives. Showing illusive pictures and articles, over dramatizing situations, starting horrid rumours and worst of all, digging deeper and deeper into peoples private lives. Sure I hated them. But I loved them at the same time.
What people don't usually understand is when you're a celebrity, there are always people one above you. Whether they are singers, actors, models or the next Paris Hilton. It doesn't matter. When someone's down, another gets more successful. It's sad, but hey, that's the business.

I shut the newspaper and folded it back into my handbag.
"Amber, are you sure you want to move back here?" I heard my Mother ask from the front seat of the hummer.

"Yes Mother, a hundred and ten percent," I sighed reliving the millions of times I had told her this. I wanted to get away, just go back to where I came from. Huntington Beach. I lived there until I was 7, that was when I got the chance to audition for my first big movie. The rest is history.

"Here it is, the old house," I heard mom say again as I felt the car slow down and turn into a drive way. The car stopped and I ran out of the car. I swung the front door open and looked around the sitting room. Imagining what it used to look like all those years ago.

"Home sweet home," I whispered to myself.

"You want the old room I take it?" My mom asked.

"Yes please," I smiled. I grabbed my small bag and shot up the stairs. I remembered exactly where my room was. When I was younger, it felt like a whole house, but now, it feels like the perfect bedroom. The perfect size, the perfect view from my window and my very own bathroom, which added to all that perfection. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My dark blonde hair was down and messy, I had no make up on and my vibrant blue eyes were dull and lifeless. That's what 3 days of no sleep does.

"Right, here's a couple of boxes little lady," the delivery man said getting his breath back, carefully placing the boxes titled "Amber's clothes" on the floor.

"Thank you very much," I smiled, he nodded and carried on walking along the corridor to get more boxes. I looked out of the window and saw some people messing about on the sidewalk. I shrugged it off and pulled out the tabloid magazine. I tore the front page to tiny pieces. "A new start," I said to myself again.

"Sweetie, you should really stop talking to yourself," My mom said walking in with a box of my awards and trophies.

"Sorry," I muttered. "Mom, you know you wanted to send me to private school?" she nodded, "Well, is it okay if I attend public school instead, I really just want to meet some people that are…you know mom, different?"

"Okay," She smiled and winked at me, "Huntington High?"

"Yep, sounds good," I smiled. She kissed my forehead and smiled before walking back down the corridor. "Huntington High, can't wait," I really need to stop talking to myself. I grabbed my phone, my handbag and I-pod. "Mom, I'm gonna go for a walk,"

"Alright!" she shouted. I walked out of the front door and placed a pair of sunglasses over my eyes, which covered half my face, and shoved my ear phones in. The people that where loitering on the sidewalk where still there, blocking my path.

"Excuse me," I said quietly, they ignored me. I cleared my throat quietly and spoke up louder, "Excuse me, I need to get through," I said a bit louder.

"A please would be nice," one of them said, he towered over me and looked down.

"Jesus, just move out of the way dude, she asked nicely," A girl-the only girl there-defended. The guy scoffed and moved away clearing my path. "Hey are you new here?" she asked.

"Yeah, kind of, I just moved back," I said.

"Cool, are you going to school?"

"Yep, Huntington High," I nodded.

"Cool, we go there too, we'll probably see you around,"

"Yep, thank you," I smiled softly. I walked away quickly and put some Good Charlotte on my I-pod.

I approached the house that I was looking for and knocked on the door. I placed the sunglasses on my head and waited for someone to answer. "Hey dad," I said as I saw someone open the door.

"Hey honey, when did you get here," he said pulling me into a huge hug.

"Not that long ago, I got home and I decided to come and see you," I smiled.

"Well, come in, there's someone I want you to meet," I nodded my head and walked into the house after him.

"Steve!" I heard a woman shout, the voice didn't seem familiar what so ever. "Oh hello there, is this your little star?" she said walking up to me, "I'm Karen," she smiled sticking out her hand. I smiled and accepted it, with my eyes fixed on the protruding bump on her stomach and the huge rock on her finger.

"This is my new fiancé," My dad said.

"It's lovely to meet you," she said, "You're a very talented little lady,"

"Thanks, how long have you got left?" I smiled pointing to her bump.

"Oh," she laughed, "I've got another 5 months," she laughed.

"Have a seat honey, are you hungry? Want anything to drink?" He said pointing to the sofa.

"No dad, I really should get back, you know I have to help mom and everything, I'll see you later, you should come over," I smiled giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Bye Karen," I smiled, "Lovely to meet you,"

"You too," she said rubbing her bump. I walked out of the door and back down the road. I was truly a daddy's girl. I was a everybody girl really. But I'm sure anyone can tell you that it's weird seeing one of your parents dating someone who isn't your mom or dad.
Good Charlotte was still blaring from my headphones as I wandered back home, my sunglasses framing my face.

"Look, she's back," I heard the same people from earlier say, as I approached my house.

"Shut up!" I heard the girl say. I heard some whistling behind me. It was taunting, and it made my blood boil. I ignored it and continued walking to my house. I shut the door behind me and sighed.

"Hey Amber, I'm thinking Chinese tonight, what do you think?" she asked coming through to the living room holding a glass of wine. Evidently, she had enough time to crack open the bottle but not to even begin unpacking.

"Sounds good, I'm going to start unpacking, you know what I like," I said and walked up to my bedroom.

Maybe starting again isn't going to be easy.