Celebrity Skinned

03

The pair of eyes glared at me as if I had just committed bloody murder, "Did you hear me? You're in my seat," he said rudely, I raised my eyebrows at his discourtesy, surely this can't be tolerated, "Move," he spat.

"Brain, give her a break, she's new here," Lara scolded, "Be nice, do you have to torment everyone?" she asked helplessly.

"Sorry honey," he said smiling at her, "Move, please," he smirked.

"Brain what did I-"

"It's fine Lara, there's plenty of spaces, I'll find another one," I smiled softly.

"No, I'll move with you, Brian tell Jimmy I'm in his seat," she sighed grabbing her books and standing up, I followed her actions by grabbing my things, and hugging them close to my chest, "Bri, we'll talk about this at home," she lead me to the other end of the classroom, two rows away from the front where there were two empty spaces.

"What's his problem?" I asked, I guess, there's always a big bully at school, however old you are.

"Oh Brian," she started, "Don't take it personally, he's hostile towards most you wouldn't think we're twins would you?"

"You're twins?" I asked in disbelief she nodded her head as if it was all she heard, "But you're so…nice," I shrugged making her laugh.

"You're the new kid, did you never have a new kid at your old school?" she asked.

"I've never been to school, this is my first day," I said shyly, "This isn't what my agent told me it would be like," I added wanting nobody to hear.

"Agent?! Wow are you famous?" she beamed whispering the last part. I placed a finger against my lips and nodded my head, "Wait a minute! Amber…Lawson?" she raised her eyebrow. I nodded with a smile, "Well, let me be your first friend at school," she smiled.

"Cool, hey, can you kind of keep this quiet? I don't want to be in the shadow if my fame."

"No problem," she grinned, I looked towards the front of the classroom where there were floods of people cramming themselves in seconds before that shrill ringing noise was heard throughout the school, "Sorry Jim, there's a spare seat next to Brian," I heard her say, I looked to Lara who was talking to some really tall guy with brown, static hair wearing some orange monstrosity. Evidently this Jimmy person.

"Alright, hello again by the way," he smiled at me warmly, giving a small nerdy wave, "I remember you from last week, that grump over there refused to move for you," he said pointing to Brian.

"That's me," I smiled, "I'm Amber,"

"Jimmy as you may have already heard," he retorted making me laugh lightly.

"Alright, Sullivan go find a seat," The teacher said pointing to the other end of the classroom, he waved goodbye to Lara and I and wandered to the secluded chair.

"That's Jimmy, he's like my big brother, we've been friends forever," she smiled, "There's a couple of other people I want you to meet too, you know, my gang," she smiled. I tried to suppress the biggest grin possible, the chance to make friends my own age….well the chance to make friends full stop.

Fame can either make you the most popular person on the Earth or the loneliest. Trusting people is a major issue, you always get recognised and people want to be your friend. But very little are genuine. Any one of those people can sell you to those vicious tabloids just to make money off of you and then leave you flat on your ass when they've got the upper hand. Fame doesn't have to be lonely.

I wanted it to be. I didn't want to get hurt.

Looking around the classroom during the lesson was great. People's eyes were fluttering, barely keeping open as Mr. Tramfield rambled on about the Magna Carta and the Battle of Hastings. I, on the other hand, found this extremely interesting seeing as this was coming from a teacher, who had years of experience with unruly teenagers, such as ourselves and their massive uninterest in all things past.

"That was painful!" Lara moaned as we left the gritty classroom.

"I thought it was great," I beamed.

"Give it two weeks kid, you'll be counting down the seconds," she sighed leaning her head on my shoulder, "I need to fix my eyeliner," she said dragging me into the bathroom. She set her back pack on the counter and ripped out a new looking, kohl eyeliner pencil. Lara was really pretty, in a way, I envied her. She had her own style going on. She had silky black hair, layered with the top standing on end and evidently coated with hairspray. She wore black skinny fit jeans and a baggy hooded jumper covering her t shirt. She stuffed the kohl pencil back in her bag and squinted as the played with her nose ring.
"Word of advice, do not get into a fight a week after you get your septum pierced, ouch," she said rubbing her jewellery, "Come on, we've got half an hour until our next lesson, let's go outside and meet everyone else."

"O-okay," I stammered. We walked out of the girls bathroom only to be greeted with an empty hallway, it's Huntington Beach, everybody's going to be outside obviously.
I squinted my eyes as the harsh sunrays attacked them violently, I felt Lara grab my arm and gently drag me towards a tree, where obviously her friends were sitting.

"Hey boys," she said, "We have a new victim, I mean friend," she joked, "Guys, this is Amber, Amber this is Johnny," she pointed to a little guy with a Mohawk sprouting from the top of his head, "Matt," she pointed to a guy with the right side of his lip pierced and his black hair was scruffily gelled, "Oh and this is Zach," I waved to a guy with two sides of his lip pierced and the same piercing as Lara. As you can tell I'm not good with names of piercing.

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled at each of them. I looked to Brian, who was glaring at me again, through the strands of his shaggy brown hair, "And I believe I've already met Brian and Jimmy," I smiled.

"Oh she's a funny one," Brian scoffed, wincing in pain after Lara punched him viciously on his arm.

"So where did you move from?" Matt asked.

"Well, I lived here until I was 7 and then I moved to LA until now," I explained, taking a seat next to Lara.

"Wait, are you the girl we saw last week, when Brian was being a douche?" Zach asked making me stifle laughter. Brian quickly turned, shooting him daggers.

"Yes I was," I replied, letting out a small laugh.

"I moved to LA because of…my moms work, she got transferred, " I made up quickly, "And I moved back here because she got…transferred…back…"I trailed off.

"What was she?! In the Mob or something?!" Johnny asked excitedly, earning a slap from Zach, "What's with all the hitting?!" Johnny shouted, "It was a question," he sulked.

"No she wasn't in the mob," I said, "She was a surgeon," I lied.

"Plastic surgeon," Lara added, "For the…. Famous…"

"Yeah Brian, she can't make you look like a girl," Matt joked, Brian scoffed and stormed off, "What's not up his butt?" he asked watching him walk off into the distance.

"Meh…I don't know what his problem is, I need a word with him tonight," Lara rolled her eyes.

I guess it is true.

Where there's a bully, there's an enemy too.

It looks like I've found mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
Comments would be much appreciated.