Status: Writing

Scared to Be Loved by You

Chapter 6

"Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in the fridge?" Zoey said
"I live here!" as the man said. The familiar voice rang in her head; as he got to sit up. It was Brian.
Do you always like hitting me? First it was the pillow; now a baseball bats? Girl, you got issues!" he said rubbing his head and back.
"I’m so sorry Brian. I thought u were a thief" she said sitting down and rubbing his back next to him.
"Well I’m Brian and little to the left" he mention on his back as she gave him a message.
"Is that better?" she said leaning over to look at him.
"It still hurts. Man you have a swing" he laughs
"Well I was in Softball I’m middle school"
"What made you stop? You have a good swing" Zoey looked down, thinking of Patrick.
"I met him"
"Him who?" he turned around looking at her
"Patrick" she said quietly.
"Well he’s not here, he’s never going to get you, he’s going to have to go threw me and the guys first before he gets u." he said rubbing her arms trying to comfort her..
"I sure hope so, you and the guys are so nice to me, in fact your helping someone you don’t even know" Zoey said looking into his brown eyes.
"That’s because your pretty" he smiled as Zoey stop massaging his back.
"You’re just saying that, I know that line already" she said getting up and walking away
"What are you talking about?" he said looking at her, as she walked away; confuse as he got up limping to the counter. And stopped her; turning her around.
"I know all the lines Brian, I’m not that stupid" in fact that’s what I wanted to hear. But I can’t slip up, I can’t get hurt again; I’m scared.” Zoey walked away to the room and left him in an utterly confuse state.

She left Brian there in the kitchen. “What was all that about? I don’t know Brian, but I think u just got diss. Way to go!! Pat yourself on the back.” He thought, limping himself to the stairs. Half way up them, he hears a sweet voice.
"Do u need help" it was Zoey waiting at the top. Brian nodded and she came and helped him to his room which was right besides her.
"I’m sorry for yelling at you, but I freaked out when you said that" she said as Brian pulled the covers over me, on his bed,
"It’s ok, I know how you feel right now"
"You do?" she said looked down at him.
"Do you want some company tonight, I promise nothing will happen" Brian said waving his hands in the air as a retreat. Zoey laugh.
"Of course" as she got under the covers with him; but she kept a distance. They stared into each other’s eyes for a long time. She was the first to break the silence and the eye contact
"So, what where you saying that you know how I feel?"
"Well, the reason why I know how you feel is because I see it in your eyes, Your scared to get hurt again, and that Patrick guy really did hurt you, didn’t he?" She looked down.
"Yeah he did, really bad, don’t you see the bruises?" as she lifted up her shirt to show the biggest bruise mark that Brian ever seen on her rib cage. “What the hell? Why did he do this to her?” He thought.
"Why did he do this to u?" as he reached over to touch her rib cage, as he did that; she flinched as his hand ran across her side.
"It’s ok, I won’t hurt you. Your safe here" she said. She pulled her shirt back over.
"Because I didn’t have dinner ready one night" she started to choke on her tears.
"That’s not a reason to touch u"
"To him, it was."
"Is that why at 6pm you had dinner ready for us?" Brian asked
"Yeah, I’m so used to having dinner ready by that time. It was a daily routine"
"Well you don’t have to do all the cooking, we have Johnny for that" he chucked
"I didn’t know that he cooked" she smiled
"Yeah he has home eco. And he always wanted to cook for us"
"Oh ok." as they heard the door open to hear the guys come home; they kept quite. Listening to their roommates down below in the living room.
"Hey guys have u seen Zoey? She not in her room" They hear Zack say
"Do u think someone kidnap her?" Brian looked at her as she started to chuckle softly.
"I hope not, she cooks really well" They heard Jimmy say
"Guys she’s in my room" Brian yelled as she chuckled more. All the guys ran up stairs and popped their heads in the door as they covered their eyes
"Is it safe to look, man Brian already!" Matt said
"What?" she looked over at Brian with a confused look
"Guys u can look; we didn’t do anything we were just talking" He said getting sitting up as they opened their eyes.
"Oh our bad" as they looked around and popped their heads back out. Johnny was the last one
"You have a nice talk then...whoa!!!" as matt grabbed him and shut the door.
"Sorry about that, they can be dick heads at times" Brain said laying back down
"its ok, I know the feeling" she laughs
"So why do you like hitting me?" Brian said and smiled
"because your just there and easy to hit, I can’t hit the other guys because they’re fast" she laughs
"Gee thanks" He laughed
"Well it was nice to talk to you" she said getting up
"No, no, no, stay" Brian asked as she nodded and climbed back in. Still distancing her away from him. “She has a lot of trust issues. I can see that,” Brian thought. As they both drifted to sleep.