Status: New. Active. Give it a try? :D

A Different Perspective

Recognized

“I don’t get why you hate me.” Jay said sitting down next to me once we reached my science class.
“Are you even in this class?” I asked. The day wasn’t even half over and I was about to punch this kid already. He nodded, “Shit.” I hissed sinking down into my seat.
“Why do you hate me?” he repeated.
“Hate’s a strong word.” I growled staring straight ahead at our teacher –I think his name was Mr. Greml.
“Well, you sure hate me with a burning passion.” He said.
“I have my reasons.” I replied.
“What are they?” he asked.
“None of your business!” I snarled.
“Mr. Kollins do we have a problem?” Mr. Greml asked from the front of the room. All eyes landed on us, mostly staring at me.
“No, sir.”
“Well, would you like to introduce your friend?”
I stood up, “I’m not his friend.” I said calmly, “I’m Allie Kemp.”
“Allie, we’re glad to have you here with us.” He replied.
“I doubt that.” I muttered.
“Excuse me?” he asked. He really didn’t take any bullshit, I’d have fun in his class.
“I said I doubt that you’re glad to have me here.” I repeated.
“Ms. Kemp I do tolerate students that talk back. This is your first day so you get a warning, but if anything else rude comes out of that mouth of yours you’ll be gone.”
“Then you might as well send me to the principal’s office now, because this year all you’re going to get from me is a bunch of shit.” I said.
“Sit down.” He ordered before turning to the board.
I shrugged and sat down once more and saw a piece of paper next to my books. I looked at it before turning to Jay who gestured to it. I flipped it over so I could read it:

And you hate me because…?

I rolled my eyes, “Because you’re an asshole.” I replied.
“You don’t even know me.” He replied.
“And you don’t know me, so strop trying to be my friend.” I growled. That shut him up pretty quickly.

The rest of the day was a bore until last period when I saw a familiar face. Well, I guess I should say they saw a familiar face.
I was almost to English, my last class of the day when suddenly I heard, “Mallory?”
I whipped around to see a tall guy with dark brown hair that covered his eyes, I recognized him instantly. “Uh…” I paused.
“You can’t tell me that you don’t remember me! I was your best friend.” He said with a huge grin.
“Cut the crap, Matt.” I said rolling my eyes, “You weren’t even close to being my best friend and you definitely know why.”
He shrugged, his smile turning small. “What can I say? I was a stupid kid back then. I couldn’t see real beauty, I just saw popularity.”
I stared at him, “You’ve got five seconds to stop hitting on me.” I growled. The hallway was now empty, I couldn’t get in trouble for anything with no witnesses.
He frowned, “I’m really sorry, especially after what happened with Jay–”
“Five.”
“He really didn’t mean it–”
“Four.”
“We pressured him into doing–”
“Three.”
“We all felt bad after we heard about–”
“Two.”
“He really liked you, he was a mess after–”
“One.”
I pulled my arm back and swung, full force, at him. Hitting him right in the cheek and making him stumble back once in shock. “Holy shit.” He cursed holding his bright red cheek.
I narrowed my eyes, “You better not tell him.” I growled.
He continued to stare at me, “You punched me.” He said.
“If you tell him I’ll do it again, but I’ll head south.” I threatened.
He held his hands up, “Hey the last thing I want is to be on your bad list. I already feel bad about the whole thing in middle school…” he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.
“Just drop it.” I ordered, “I’m back now and I’m over it. So far you’re the only person to recognize me and I plan to keep it that way.”
“You’ve changed a lot, Mallory, it was hard to recognize you…” he replied.
“Don’t call me Mallory. I’m Allie. Allie Kemp.” I ordered.
“You can’t be serious. You made up a whole new person?” He asked.
“No!” I sighed aggravated, “Just a bunch of shit happened after the whole Jay thing, and now I’m Allie Kemp. Got it?”
He shook his head, “I don’t understand. You don’t want people to recognize you?” he asked.
“Why would I?” I growled, “So I can just get made fun of for being a social outcast or ugly again?”
“You weren’t ugly, and you definitely aren’t ugly now.” He said.
I rolled my eyes, “I really don’t give a shit about what I was or what I am. All I know is that I’m an entirely different person and I don’t feel like being known as the girl who went through a big personality change after a stupid boy and his friends pulled a bunch of stupid shit on her.”
He looked down at his feet, “I’m sorry.” He whispered.
I rolled my eyes, “I bet you are.” I turned and started to walk away.
“You don’t know how long I’ve been wanting to say sorry.” He called making me stop. “You don’t know how much Jay beat himself up for doing that to you. We tried to call you, but when we found out you moved…” he trailed off.
I turned and walked back over to him so that I was dangerously close. He shifted nervously. “I do not give a fuck about how guilty you felt afterwards or if you cried because of your punishment. You, and Jay, and all of your bastard friends can go fuck yourselves.” I growled.
“Jay and I aren’t friends with them. We got a new group after–”
“Shut it.” I snapped, “Like I said before, I don’t give a shit. Just don’t tell Jay who I am and you can plan on having kids when you’re older.” I turned around once more before walking out of the hallway.
I rushed to my locker, threw my books in and then rushed outside. I wasn’t staying here, I wasn’t putting myself through this again. Never again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I'm liking this as much as my other story?

Idk. What do you think? Keep/Kill?

GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS<3