Sequel: Alone Together Alone

Take This to Your Grave and I'll Take It to Mine

Chapter 22

I just went to my coffin, crawled in, and laid there for only moments before Pete came in and opened my coffin.
"Erin what are you hiding?" He asked very directly, as he sat on the edge of the open coffin.
"That your optimism has served you well, and my knowledge has failed me. You have a chance to be human again." I said honestly looking into his eyes.
"What?" He was stunned.
"On the night of that huge battle if you kill William when the moon is peeking through the clouds you get your life back. So be prepared." I said never looking away from his eyes.
"Are you serious?" He was ecstatic.
I just shook my head.
"Thank you Erin." He kissed my cheek quickly, jumped up, and left me alone.
For the first time in a long time I felt horribly alone. I felt alone everyday when it was just me and Cleo, but I didn't even have her.
So I just laid there thinking about what I just told Peter. I don't know how it's going to happen but I'm losing my Pete. Well that is if what the prophet told me was right. Pete is going to get his life back but he'll be yanked away from me.
I guess it's my turn to lay it all down for a relationship. I mean Andres died for me, he sacrificed his life just for me. So I guess I can set him free for him.
Now I know how I'm going to remember him though. I guess there is no better 'I'll never forget you' then a child. Ask all the women who get knocked up on their twenty-first birthday when alcohol is involved.

I fell asleep with ease.
Again the night was peaceful, no disruptions. I'm glad he's leaving me alone.
I awoke again like I always did. Alone.
I lazily pushed the coffin open and got out. I grabbed some pajamas and headed down to take a shower.
After my shower I changed into the pajamas. I dropped yesterday's clothes in the attic and headed down to the kitchen.
Patrick was in the kitchen cooking, I think.
"Pete left some of his extra faux blood for you. I took a blood sample from him to try to compare, but it might be pointless seeing as he's a guy." Patrick said not looking away from what he was cooking.
"Ok." I said knowing that ok is always the best answer. "So what are you cooking?" I asked curiously.
"Bacon and eggs, even though it's night time it's always the right time for breakfast." He said smiling at me.
"I don't really remember the different types of food, because I haven't eaten them in centuries." I said grabbing a cup and pouring the contents of the pitcher into the cup. "Can I try some?"
"Well the guys are out so they wouldn't know, but do you really think this would make you able to eat human food?" He didn't want to give me something that would hurt me.
"I don't care if I'm hungry for it I'm going to eat it." I'm stubborn and I think that I got that point across.
"Ok." He said backing off. "I still won’t tell Pete until I'm sure, but I think you're pregnant."
"Ok. I still have to find a good time to get back to the Dandy mansion and get my cure and my boots." I said sighing.
"The next time there's a fight I'll make sure the guys go and keep the Dandies busy but I'll give you the keys to the van and you can storm the mansion all by yourself." He suggested.
"Good idea, then the Dandy girls usually stay at the mansion so I could get a blood sample from one of those bitches." An evil look spread across my face. "And I already have one in mind."
"Only one night there and you already have an enemy?" The thought of it just amused him.
"Hey I made more then one, I was an asshole. I even broke someone's arm." I said proudly.
He couldn't do anything but laugh.
"Here." He said as he scooped some food on to a plate and passed it to me.
"Thank you." I said and sat at one of the barstools at the island.
I first tried what I think was bacon. It tasted really, really good. I had to try something. I dipped my bacon in that faux blood and ate it like that.
That's the way to eat this!
I looked up and Patrick was looking at me, jaw dropped in disgust.
"What?" I said with food still in my mouth.
"You're worse then a guy. No wonder you have no problems living with us." He said as he shook his and put it down. "I heard from Pete what you told him, is it true?" He asked seriously.
"I'm a lady of my word lies aren't becoming of me. The prophet told me that he could have his life back." I said very honestly and seriously. "Why are you so desperate to know?" I asked looking back up at him.
"The faux blood's effect is beginning to fail on him. It has been for weeks, he's hiding it from the rest of the guys. So I've been trying to think of a way to make the fake blood work better." He said a little crestfallen. He wasn't happy with his failure in the least.
"Have you ever tried human blood?" I asked in an frustrated sigh.
"No how would we get it? We're not going to kill anyone."
"You don't have to. Get blood from the blood bank or find a donor. As a matter of fact I could give you blood to put in this because my blood will come back quicker. I'll have to stop giving blood if I get my cure though." I said as I kept eating.
"Why?" That struck him as odd.
"Because if I do he doesn't get his life back. He only has two options, get his life back or become this super vampire. Even stronger then me. He would get all my strengths with none of my weaknesses and my strength would cause him to transcend his weaknesses as well, leaving him virtually invincible. The lines of the two can't blur." I said just remembering that he'd be leaving me.
He had nothing more to say on that subject. "So you care enough to make sure he doesn't fuck up his chance?" But he did have something to say on the one topic everyone but me wanted to talk about.
"Well he's my friend, I have to care." I said not wanting to go any farther.
He left it at that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm dedicating any chapters I get up today to NicciNarcisist
Thank you for being into the story