Sequel: Alone Together Alone

Take This to Your Grave and I'll Take It to Mine

Chapter 29

I woke up the next evening like I always do.

Only this time I was in more pain then I think I've ever known in my vampire life.

I opened my mouth and a shrill painful shriek found it's way up my throat and slithered past my lips.

I heard footsteps running towards me and saw Pete's face when he opened the coffin.

A shock came over him, a fear almost swept over his face. It wasn't fear for himself either.

The fear in his eyes scared me because I knew that meant it was worse than yesterday.

But I guess I already knew that by the pain.

"I'll get Patrick." He said in a rushed voice then he was gone.

I was afraid.

Afraid of how bad it could get.

It took almost no time at all for Pete to be back with Patrick trailing behind him.

“Patrick she needs this bad.” Pete said with a shaky voice, he was always so worried about me. As if I was fragile glass that was always near breaking.

Patrick saw me before he could respond.

“Oh my God.” He let these words slip past his lips. “Erin can you turn your head to the side?” He had to force those words through his lips because his shock was holding back his tongue.

“I don’t know.” My voice came out raspy and it almost hurt just to talk.

I turned it to the side but with a great deal of pain. Almost enough to bring a tear to my eyes but I won’t let myself cry just over simple physical pain.

“Good job Erin now I’m going to put the needle into your neck.” He warned me as if he knew the pain I was about to feel was going to surpass the pain of the night before.

Maybe he did know.

As the syringe dug deeper and deeper into my neck the pain became so unbearable that I broke composure and cried out in pain again.

“Erin!” Pete worried for me, like he always did.

It was sweet looking at it in retrospect.

The pain was intense until moments after the cure ran through my veins. It hurt for it to move through me today like it was expanding the veins, arteries, and capillaries too much and they were ready to burst. After those feelings would waver, the pain from the part of my body that it just left would stop.

As the needle was withdrawn I could feel the strong feeling sweep over me again the feeling I always had before I was made weak by that shot of garbage.

I sat up putting my hand on my neck rubbing it, as if reminiscing over the pain. “I guess that there is no choice to stop taking the cure before you’ve had the last shot, huh?” I said it in a way that may have made them think that I regretted the cure.

“I guess not.” Patrick said somewhat grimly. “Send Pete down if you need anything Erin.” He said as he started out of the attic.

“Will do.” I spoke softly still thinking about the mistake I may have made with that cure.

“Are you ok?” Pete asked gently as he pushed my hair out of my eyes.

“Good as I’ll ever be.” I said softly and gently (but not genuinely) smiled back.

He smiled as if he was oblivious to the lies I just told him with that smile. “So what are we going to do tonight on our night off?” He asked smile lighting up the room.

“Could we just lie here, and talk?” I asked simply uninspired to get up and do anything else.

“As you wish.” He said as he climbed in next to me.

That night seemed to pass flawlessly. Pete and I didn’t argue, Andy didn’t shoot me one dirty look when we went to the kitchen, Joe tried to help me more than Pete did, I laughed that off, and Patrick asked me all sorts of crazy questions trying to figure out what makes me so different.

Time passed kinda like that, but it soon came to an end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm having some writer's block
I'm having hardcore trouble writing this story
Sorry it's so short too