Status: Complete

Peter Pan and Poohsticks

Alternate Ending

I tried to absorb all of what he had just spoken to me. You always seem to be the exception to every rule. That’s when something clicked.

“You wanna know why I believe in love?” I asked. I wasn’t expecting an answer other than yes and that’s the answer I got. “I feel it every day. Not just in the family way either but in the soul mate kind of way. The way where if I only had that person in my life nothing else would matter. Have you ever felt that way?” I asked as I glanced over at Lucas who was keeping his eyes trained intently on the water. It was fairly obvious who I was referring to, seeing as how I only had one friend. I could see the wheels turning in Lucas’s head.

All I could do was hope for the best and hope that all he needed was a small push in the right direction and that maybe he wouldn’t end up sad and lonely, neither of us would. He said himself that I was the exception to every rule; I can only hope that it really applies. This was my attempt to get him to dive beneath the surface and see things differently.

Without words he gently took my hand in his and let our intertwined fingers dangle under the bridge above the water. “I think I just might have.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The original ending.