Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV

After going upstairs and sitting my guitar down, I noticed that Jack had called my phone. I decided to call him back.
"Yo. Lex," He said after picking up.
"Yo! You called?" I replied.
"Yeah, I was actually gonna ask. What are we now, after, like, what happened," he said awkwardly.
"I don't know Jack. What do you want us to be?" I said.
"Well, we both like each other as ore than friends...but aren't you meant to be straight?" Jack asked.
"That was all an act. You know fine well I'm gay," I replied. My door suddenly swung open. Mary, Kyle and Caleb stood behind it. Caleb and Mary looked horrified. Kyle looked strange. Like he was gay or something.
"Jack, I gotta go. Speak later," I said and hung up.

Then I looked up.
"Alex. Please say you were joking," Mary begged.
"I'm not gonna lie about who I am," I replied. Mary, Caleb and Kyle all stormed out and slammed the door behind them. I groaned out loud an flopped back feeling like an utter idiot.

My phone began buzzing again and I got a text from Jack. It told me that I was to go over and gave me his address. He said that obviously something was wrong if I hung up on him without a goodbye. I stood up, grabbed some shoes and walked downstairs. I found Mary, Kyle and Caleb sitting in the living room. I tried to sneak past but failed.
"Alex! Where do you think you are going?" Mary asked sternly.
"Over to Jack's house to hang out," I replied softly.
"Is that your boyfriend?" Caleb snapped at me.
"No! Jack's a close friend," I said.
"Just go Alex.For all I care, stay there tonight," Mary replied. "I'd rather you did. It'd get you off of my chest for a small amount of time," she said,
"If I'm such a bother, why don't you just get rid of me completely?" I asked snappily.
"Because, if I do, I break a promise to myself and to Collin. Just leave Alex. Now," she replied.

I left the room and replied to Jack's text, telling him that I was staying and that I was gonna be there as soon as possible. I also added that I needed to talk to him about something that happened. He was the only one that would fully understand and listen properly. I couldn't talk to anyone else. I shoved stuff in a bag and left without another word, grabbing my key on the way out. I made my way over to Jack's and reached it. Jack pulled open the front door and pulled me into a long awaited, needed hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I left you all on a nice note for that chapter but that was for two reaons. 1) I got a new commenter. And 2) I'm bloody shattered. It's ten past three in the morning. A BIG BIG BIG thaks to queenelizabeth12. Thanks for being the first non Eidann/Rebecca commenter. It means a lot to me. Maybe all the silent readers should take a leaf out of her book. queenelizabeth12, you seriously made my day. This update is dedicated to you =) xxx