Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex’s POV

Why didn't people get that I was scared? After watching my parents die? After finding my brother? I had nothing. No one.

I heard footsteps coming upstairs. Great. That Ross kid was following me. Amazing. Just fantastic.
“Alex? Which is your room?” He asked me. I chuckled to myself slightly. I only smiled when I was alone. It was around others that I had to push all my feelings away and show that I could fend for myself.

I decided I might as well not have him knocking on every door. It would get annoying after about three knocks. So I walked over to my door and opened it slightly.

He walked in. I saw his eyes wandering over my walls. His eyes looked like they disapproved. I couldn't care less. If he’d been through what I had, he’d be the same way.

“You sure like black, don’t you?” he asked me. He picked up my CD collection. No one touched them! Some of them were Dan’s.
“Blink 182, Jack’s Mannequin, Elliot Minor…” He recited the bands one by one.
“Put them down!” I complained.
“You speak?” He asked me.

My head immediately fell. What had I done? I was meant to keep my guard up while around others. That’s what I’d promised Dan. I felt like I had broken that promise, betrayed him!

“So what? You're blanking me?” Ross asked. He sounded pissed off.
“Hmm.” I mumbled.
“Sorry. I didn't catch that” He snapped.
“Go away!” I mumbled.
“What?” He narrowed his eyes. Then he turned away from me and picked my CD’s back up and started looking through them again. Did he have a death wish?
“PUT THEM DOWN AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!” I yelled. Shit. I did it again.

“Calm down. I was only looking!” he said looking shocked.
“I don’t care. Get out.” I gritted my teeth.

He was so shocked that he dropped my CD collection. I dived from my sitting position to try and catch them but I missed by a few seconds. I fell flat on my face on top of them.

I sat up immediately and tears blurred my vision when I saw what was broken.
“Alex. Are you okay?” Ross’ voice came from the corner of my room.
“Please just get out.” I sobbed. He left and I collected up my collection. But I didn't touch Elliot Minor. It was shattered. I felt as though I was that CD. It was the only thing of Dan’s I had. I only had memories and even they would fade as time passed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the actual chapter guys. Sorry if it confused you. My microsoft word processor decided to hate me and mix it up. Comment now and let me know if that makes any more sense.