Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV

I woke up the next morning and did my daily routine. My hair wasn't sitting right so I decided to leave it. I packed my bag and walked out. I didn't speak at all. Mary and Peter were still asleep so I left a small note. It said:
'Gone to school. See you
when I get home.
Alex''

I got to school and climbed out. I walked towards the school gate. Then I noticed a familiar face. One that I'd been wanting to see since I left. Jack! I smiled for the first time in two years in front of people and ran. I didn't care what people thought.
"ALEX!" Jack screamed running towards me.
"JACK!" I screamed back. We reached each other and he pulled me into a bear hug. I hugged him back. I had missed him like hell.
"How you doing mate?" Jack asked smiling.
"Not to good actually man. What about you?" I asked him.
"Yeah. I'm fine. I've missed you like hell!" He replied letting me go. "What's up?"
"Erm. It was Dan's second Death Anniversary yesterday. I had a nightmare about his death not last night, but the night before." I explain.
"Aww. That's fucking shit man." He told me.
"Yeah. But I survived." I told him.

"Alex! Who's this?" Ross' annoying voice came. I sighed slightly.
"This is Jack. Jack, this is Ross." I introduced them.
"Hey." Jack said
"You got Alex to talk? You're magic." Ross exclaimed. Great. Jack didn't need to know that I spent almost all of my time after I left Jack and Dan died not talking.
"Huh?" Jack's eyes narrowed.
"Nothing." I cut in.
"Alex..." He said in a warning voice
"I'll tell you later." I groaned. Well done Ross. Thank you very much.
"Good." Then Jack turned back into the Jack I knew and loved and turned happy again.
"How long are you staying?" I asked him.
"I've moved here. I'm not leaving." He told me

The bell rang and we went to classes. I didn't have Jack in any of my classes but we still met at break and lunch. I went through the day knowing that I had someone to rely on. I was so glad and I hoped that life would get better. Jack was there for me. I didn't need to do anything alone.

The day finished and I gave Jack a ride home. He lived five minutes away from mine I learned. I was relieved. I could walk to his. When I got home, Mary was sitting in the living room. I walked in.
"Hey Mary. I'm home." I said, happily.
"Oh. Hey. I see you're happy." She replied.
"Yeah." I smiled at her.
"So what got you so happy?" She asked me.
"I saw an old friend. He's moved over from where I was a couple of years back. He was my best friend so I guess I'm just really happy to see him." I explained.
"Oh. That's nice dear." She replied distantly. She didn't sound very interested.
"What you wanting for dinner? I'll make it if you want." I offered.
"Oh. That's considerate. Anything." She replied.
"Is Peter gonna be home for dinner?" I asked her.
"Yeah. Make dinner for three." She said.

I went through to the kitchen after dumping my bag in my room. I stuck on some pasta and made cheese sauce. Macaroni cheese. It was one of my favorite meals. It took about an hour to make and cook. I put it into bowls and grated cheese over the top. I had already set the table. I sat the bowls on the table just as Peter came in.
"Hello." He called. He walked into the living room. It was normal for him to do that though.

I walked through after cleaning up the kitchen.
"Dinner's ready." I announced.
"Alex. You made dinner?" He asked me.
"Yeah. And it's ready and on the table." I said proudly. We walked through and sat down. I was getting over my anorexia. I ate every bite of it. Everyone did.

"Alex. That was lovely. Who knew you could cook?" Peter complimented me.
"Yes dear. Thank you." Mary added.
"No problem." I told them.

Then I went upstairs and called Jack. He answered after three rings.
"Hey man. What's up?" He asked.
"Round up some peoples. Everyone's coming to mine tonight," I told him.
"There's the Alex I know and love," Jack said and hung up on me. I couldn't wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I'll not be updating for a bit but this should keep you going for a while. Thanks for commenting :')