Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV

Bright lights came into sight as my eyes opened. I couldn't feel half of my face. I heard a quiet beeping noise in the background. The last I could remember was being pinned down by my uncle. What happened? Shit! Jack! Had he got Jack? What if he got any of them. I sat up quickly, gasping in pain. My torso was in agony. I needed to know where I was! I needed to find Jack!

A hand quickly tried to get me lying down once more by pushing my shoulder softly.
"Lex! Hey! Lie back down! You need to rest," Jack's musical voice said. I turned my head to see Jack. Unharmed.
"What happened? Where am I?" I asked, my throat croaking.
"Lex! You're in hospital. The guy beat you up pretty bad," he replied softly, taking my hand in his.
"Did he touch you or Zack or anyone?" I growled.
"No Lex. He didn't have a chance. You had him pretty preoccupied. The police came as you fell unconscious. He's in custody at the moment. The police want you to make a statement," he told me.
"Okay. As long as you're all okay. Jack! I'm really sorry! I never wanted to ever put you in harms way," I told him.
"You kept me out of it. Lex, you near enough took a bullet for me. One question though. Who is he?" Jack asked.
"He's my uncle, Jack. He was disowned from the family after doing some pretty bad stuff. I didn't even think of him until he told me," I admitted.
"Your uncle? Why didn't you tell me before?" he asked.
"Jack, if I'd told you before, you would have been in more danger," I told him. Jack nodded.

The nurse walked in.
"Ah! Mr. Gaskarth! How are you feeling?" he asked me, flipping open his clipboard.
"Sore, tired and hungry," I told him, lying back on the bed.
"We'll get you something to eat right away. You were badly beaten up, the pain will fade, eventually. You lost a lot of blood. Rest is the best thing for you right now," he replied.
"How long have I been here?" I asked.
"About three days. Young Jack here hasn't left your side. The police have checked everyday to see if they can question you," he said as two officers walked through the door.

"Doctor Malone, can you give us a minute?" one of them asked politely. The doctor nodded once and made his way quickly out the door. They turned to me.
"I'll be outside..." Jack said and gave my hand a quick squeeze before letting go and going out.
"Mr Gaskarth. I'm Detective Hunter. This is detective Smith. We would like to ask a few questions about what happened," the man asked. I nodded

"How does Mr. Hardy know you?" Detective Hunter asked.
"He's my uncle," I told them, looking down.
"What happened?" Detective Smith asked.
"He called me, telling me he'd killed my brother. He threatened my friends and my boyfriend. I tried to protect them all," I told them.
"And he found you. What happened then?" Detective Hunter said.
"He shot at us, but I pulled everyone out of the way. I kicked the gun out of his hands and he starting to attack me," I told them.
"And then?" Detective Smith pressed.
"I can't remember. Everything went black," I told them.
"Does your uncle have a history of violence?" Detective Hunter questioned.
"He attacked and murdered my aunt," I told them.
"That's all. The hospital has our number if you think of anything else. Thank you for your time," Detective Smith said. Detective Hunter tipped his hat politely, and they left.

Jack ran back in and wrapped me in a hug. I hugged back, kissing his cheek.
"Hey babe, what's all this for?" I replied, hugging tighter.
"I thought I was gonna lose you! They kept saying IF you were gonna wake up and IF you were gonna get better! I was scared," he told me.
"Hey! I'm right here! Of course I was gonna wake up! You know I've gone through worse," I told him.
"I know, but I was scared," he told me.
"I'm not going anywhere babe! I'm right here! I love you too much to let him stop my heart," I said.
"Sop," Jack replied, chuckling.
"Hey! You're one to talk Mr. I'm Gonna Sit By Your Bedside Until You Wake Up! How many times did you beg me to wake up?" I replied, giggling.
"Maybe once or twice," he joked back.

"I love you Jack," I told him.
"I love you too Lex," he replied and touched his lips to mine.

Fireworks still went off!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I've been building this up for AAAGGGGEEEESSSS! Thanks Fall Out Boy for giving me the push I needed xD Here's an unhappy/cutesy chapter for you all xD

Guys, next time that I don't update quick enough, seen as it's been like two weeks or so, just bombard my message box until I update xD

Update soon, hopefully! Sorry for the wait!

Comment, subscribe and recommend if you're enjoying!