Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Jack's POV

I woke up the next morning to a cold draft beside me. I turned over to see that Alex was gone. I then looked around the room. He was no where in sight. I looked at the digital alarm clock in our room. It was quarter past eight. I heard the front door being unlocked, opened and then shut again. I looked to my bedside table to see the baseball bat leaning against it, and the baseball ball on the table so that it wasn't an offensive weapon.

I grabbed the bat and shoved the ball in my pocket for good measure before slipping on a pair of skinny jeans and going downstairs. With the bat in one hand, I crept downstairs. When I got to the bottom, I heard a rustling in the kitchen. Taking careful, small steps, I made my way through the living room and towards the rustling sound. I got to the kitchen door to see someone in there with their hood up. I tightened my grip on the bat and began to raise it as they moved to the cupboards.

"I'm not a robber, Jay," Alex's voice ran out with a smile behind it. He pulled down his hood and I saw the familiar light brown hair that belonged to him. I looked at the shopping bag and then back at him.
"You scared the crap outta me, Lex," I said, smiling softly and pulling the bat back down.
"Good to know you'd attack them with a Bat. Where's the ball?" he asked, turning around.
"In my pocket. How did you know it was me?" I replied, resting the bat against the kitchen door frame and walking towards Alex.

Suddenly, the entire crew were behind me, all with baseball and rounders bats in their hands and the balls in their pockets.
"Aww! That's nice. I come out of hospital, go out to get supplies to make everyone breakfast and you all wanna attack me with bats and balls," Alex said sarcastically.
"Could have told us last night," Matt said, as they all lowered their bats.
"I left a note on the coffee table! Go check," he replied, sniggering. Vinny walked out and walked back with a bit of paper.
"Just gone out to the shop! I'll be back in a bit! A," Vinny read. "The man tells the truth."
"'Course I do! You can all make your own breakfast," he said, fake sulking.
"Hey, 'cause you love me, you'll make for me, right?" I said, grinning cheekily.
"Nope! You actually raised your bat! You can make breakfast," he said sticking his tongue out.

Before I could reply, Alex's phone began to ring.
"Hello?" he said, answering it.
"...."
"Hey! Calm down! What's up?" he said, his face turning worried.
"..."
"You're kidding! She did?" he asked.
"..."
"Hey! Don't cry," he replied.
"..."
"Rian! Shut up! It is not your fault," he stated.
"..."
"God sake! Listen to me! It is not your fault," he sighed.
"..."
"Why don't you come over for a bit? I was about to make breakfast and there'll be enough for you too," he offered.
"..."
"Yeah! I'll even meet you half way if you want," he replied, his voice softening.
"..."
"Okay! I'll see you there," he said.
"..."
"Okay, bye."
"..."

Alex hung up and we all looked at him completely confused.
"I'm taking it you're wondering who Rian is?" he asked.
"Kinda..." I replied.
"He's a mate. That night you and I fell out after Ross tried to kiss me. I left the house an hour before that. Rian and I met in the park 'cause Mary was being a bitch. Rian let me rant at him, we got to talking and we became good friends," Alex explained. That seemed reasonable.
"Okay! Is he okay?" I asked, slightly worried.
"His girlfriend cheated on him. He didn't know who else to turn to," he replied.
"Okay, well, you go meet him and bring him back here," Vinny chipped in.
"I'll be back in a bit," he said and walked out of the kitchen.

I followed him out, grabbing his hat off of the work surface. He'd pulled that off before I'd seen him.
"Lex! Wrap up warm! I don't want my baby getting ill," I said, putting his hat on his head. He smiled softly at me.
"I love you Jay," he stage whispered.
"I love you too Lex," I replied.
"Call Chelle! I have enough that she can come too," Alex said.
"I will," I replied.
"Don't let them cook! I'll do it when I get back," he said
"I promise I won't. Now Go! I'll see you later," I said.
"See you later babe," he said and kissed me before walking down the path.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! It's been forever, I am aware, but I've been ill and there's been exams and a whole bunch of other shit going on! So here's an extra long chapter, and there's another one just coming up :D Thanks to my new readers and I hope everyone's liking the story!

Comment! Let me know what you're thinking and what you want to happen! Don't just sit there xD I'm running out of plot xD And I'm kinda looking for a finish for this one, but I've been thinking about a sequel! Help? What would be the perfect ending for this? Do you want a sequel? Thoughts on those, and on how I'm doing so far? Thanks for reading :D xx