Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV

"Matt?" I heard Jack call out softly
"Yeah?" Matt replied. I heard footsteps coming over to the bed
"How're you holding up?" Jack asked him.
"I'm better. I've been seeing this Therapist, Taylor. She's been helping me. I'm barely having nightmares, I feel safer. I'm really getting better too. Vinny's glad of it. I know he acts as though all he cares about is me being okay and he stays strong for me, but he's breaking seeing me break. I'm gonna be strong for him now. Jack. Don't lie to me. How are you feeling?" he replied.
"Honestly? Angry, scared, helpless, worried. Really really worried," Jack told him. Why didn't he talk to me? Why didn't he tell me?
"Vinny's the same Jack. Talk to him. You could find condolence in each other," he replied before exiting the room as I opened my eyes. Jack looked back round and my eyes met his melting chocolate brown eyes that flashed with worry.

"How much of that did you hear?" he asked me, concerned.
"Enough to know how you feel. Baby, you should have talked to me," I told him pleadingly.
"How could I, with all you'd been through. My emotions came second. Always," he replied.
"No baby, no. Don't think like that. I don't care what's going on, how I'm feeling, what time it is, where I am or anything else. If you need to talk, you can always talk to me. So talk to me now baby. Please," I begged, sitting up and taking his hands in mine.

"I'm angry, Lex. I'm angry at them for what they did to you. I'm angry at myself for not being there to protect you. I'm angry at the students walking by that didn't help you. I'm angry at Caleb for hurting you. I'm angry at everyone ever who made you cry. I'm scared. I'm scared that I'm going to lose you. I'm scared that you're gonna find someone better. I need you in my life baby. I... I can't lose you. I feel helpless 'cause I don't know how to make you better. I don't know what I can do to make you laugh and smile like you used to. I'm worried about you baby. You take the world in your stride and you seem to let everything bounce off of you. You never seem to break. Until you're alone. You've been broken by the world and I don't know how to fix you. You never let it out, you never cry unless you have to. You don't talk to anyone about how you feel. You hide everything away. You help everyone else and never seek help for yourself. Why baby? Why don't you talk to me like you used to? Why don't you let me in anymore?" Jack started sobbing.

"Baby. Oh baby, I didn't know. You want me to let you in, you already are. Jack, yes, I'm scared and I'm hurting and I'm sad and I'm, for all intense and purposes, not okay but, baby, you make me okay. You make me laugh and smile and you make it easier for me to breathe. When I feel like the world's crushing me, you lift the world off me and take away the pain by being there. Holding my hand. Hugging me. Kissing me. You're my medicine, my remedy. You're what makes me, me. And Jack, not the moon, the sun, the stars or the earth could take me away from you because I'm exactly where I belong. With you. 'Cause there's nowhere else I'd rather be. There's no where else I'm supposed to be. I belong here, with you. So you are never gonna lose me. I promise you that I'm not going anywhere. Don't be angry at yourself baby. They would have hurt you or made you watch. Do not torture yourself. I'm here, and that's what matters. I'm getting better and that's what counts okay? I'm here. For good."

I wrapped my arms around Jack and let him sob on me. I can't believe he didn't talk to me about it. But, that was in the past. And I was right where I belonged, in Jacks arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Kinda cutesy Jalex chapter there. I'm thinking a Ross/Zack next. Just to keep you happy :P