Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Mixed POV's

Alex's POV
I continued searching for Jack after bumping into Zack and Rian. Tonight seem to just be heartache after heartache. And I was still feeling the sting in my arm, having to force myself not to recoil whenever someone grabbed at my arms. I just wanted to find Jack. I saw Matt and Vinny on opposite sides of the room, Vinny occasionally glaring at Matt.

Matt and Vinny had... not broken up, but had a major fight. And now... well, they weren't talking. Zack and Ross had broken up. Rian was alone. I wanted Jack. He could help fix all of this. After some wandering around, I just started asking people if they'd seen him. Then Chelle appeared in front of me, a devilish grin spread across her face.

"Hey Chelle," I said, smiling at her.
"Shots, Gaskarth! C'mon," she said.
"I gotta find Jack, Chelle! Once I find him, I'll do shots," I said.
"Shots. Now, Gaskarth!" she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to Rian and Zack.

"Lexi! Come to do shots?" Zack slurred.
"Haha apparently so," I replied, smiling at him as he put his arm around me.

And then the fun began!

----

Matt's POV
I couldn't believe I had said that to Vinny. No wonder he wouldn't let me near him. I needed to get to him... to apologise. But he moved every time I got close to him. At that moment, he was sitting, talking to one of his coworkers Kellen. I didn't wanna interrupt the conversation, but I wanted to talk to my boyfriend.

I started to make my way over to him and I got to half way across the room before he noticed me and nodded to Kellen to follow him. They walked out the living room and, having enough and needing to apologise, I followed them. I grabbed Vinny's hand as I caught him and pulled him softly back to me.

"Vin-"
"No Matt. Fuck off. You made it very fucking clear how much I mean to you really," he snarled.
"Vin, I didn't mean it. You know I love you," I told him, begging him to hear me out.
"Ha! Funny fucking way of showing it," he growled.

"I know, I know. I didn't mean it to come out like that baby. I was just frustrated," I started. Vinny's eyes began to burn as he opened his mouth. "I know. I know. That's no excuse. But Vin... fuck, I couldn't live without you, okay? And I love you. And I know that I'm bad at showing it, believe me, I know. And you deserve someone who can love you and show you exactly how much they love you. But every morning when I wake up and I see you... My heartbeat changes, speeds up. The sun shines brighter when you're around. And I don't tell you this enough... not nearly enough, but Vin, you're everything to me. You mean everything to me. You are my everything."

Vinny's eyes softened as he stopped trying to pull his hand out of mine, and relaxed it into my hold.

"You... you mean that?" he asked, softly.
"More than you could ever know," I told him, taking his other hand.
"It's gonna take more than that to make up for what you said," Vinny started.
"I'm gonna do whatever it takes Vinny. Because you're worth it," I told him, looking him dead in the eyes.
"I hate you, you know that?" he said, smiling at me.
"And I love you too baby," I said, pulling him over to me, wrapping him in my arms and kissing his forehead.

----

Zack's POV
The night was going amazing. By this point, I couldn't form a coherent thought, even better, I couldn't form a coherent thought about Ross. I was done with that fucking douchebag. I only needed my friends at this point. And he wasn't one of them!

Alex and Chelle had joined us too. Alex had obviously given up trying to find Jack as he slowly got more and more drunk. None of us knew where Jack was. Well, not that we were talking about him anyway. We were too busy seeing who could do ten shots in a row. Alex won, but he was always the fastest drinker. Suprisingly, Chelle was second, followed closely by me. Rian was still on his fourth shot. Poor guy couldn't do shots quickly.

The sun had risen by the time we even thought about going back to bed. Almost no one had gone home. Alex had thought of a hell of a way to bring in the new year. Matt and Vinny had reappeared, hand in hand. After not even looking at each other for three hours. But, I didn't put too much thought into it.

My job right then was to have fun, because I'd be damned if I was gonna let my dick of an ex ruin my night. This was gonna be a good year!

----

Vinny's POV
Matt had hurt me in the fight, but I couldn't stay mad at him forever. Hell, he made it difficult for me to be mad at him for even a day. But that's love, I suppose. He was the love of my life. How do you stay mad at the love of your life?

I'd missed his arms around me. But we were back to normal now. In fact, now we were cuddled up on the couch watching Alex, Chelle, Zack and Rian getting drunk, laughing at them. Alex had lasted all night basically sober. He vowed that someone had to. And now look at him. Laughing because Rian couldn't take shots quickly, the thoughts of "where's Jack" completely out of his mind.

Alex seemed so carefree compared to how he's been recently. They all did. And it was nice to see them all letting loose. Alex especially. He was becoming more... himself. I knew Jack was happy to see it. Everyone was. We couldn't stand to see him hurting. So to see him loosen up and become more Alex again... it was good.

Matt pulled me out of my thoughts by tugging me up and over to the dance floor. He grabbed my hips and pulled me into him. Matt's crotch began to grind softly against mine as he pulled my face up and kissed me. All thoughts apart from how good the friction between Matt and I felt went out my mind as he snaked his tongue into my mouth.

----

Ross's POV
I got home as I sobered up, realising the hole in my life where Zack was. I was a dick to him, I truly was. Maybe I didn't love him, but I needed him. And how was it fair of me to cut something I need out of my life? Maybe it sounded like I was playing with him, and maybe I was. Hell, I knew I was. But, I needed him!

And denying yourself something you need is never ever a good thing. I'd call him later. He was probably drinking his feelings away the way he usually did when we broke up and there was a party. I'd call him when he's sobered up and he'll take me back in a heartbeat. Just like he usually did. At least then the pain I cause him when I get bored of trying to love him will be pretty much self inflicted.

----

Rian's POV

Chelle was hiding something, I could tell. Anyone could, maybe apart from Alex who, although drinking for less time, was more drunk than Zack and I. I had sobered up a little, moving on to water. Zack wasn't slowing down any, enjoying himself too much. I suppose this was better for him than heartbreak.

I was a little concerned for Alex who was just slurring out anything he could, singing Taylor Swift a lot. Chelle was laughing away because he kept getting the words wrong, and I kept a smile on my face to stop people questioning, but as I sobered up, I could see the mess my friends were in. Alex was out of it as a distraction from his mind. Zack was curing heartbreak with alcohol. Chelle was distracting herself.

But from what? What was she hiding? What wasn't she telling us? No one else seemed to care enough to ask, but I didn't wanna be the first in case it was a personal thing she didn't want everyone to know. Probably just a personal life thing. I turned to look at Zack who couldn't even stand anymore.

"How you feeling, Zee?" I asked him.
"I feel fucking fabtastic Ri! You still drinking?" he slurred out, giggling at the word "fabtastic".
"You, Lex?" I asked Alex.
"I feel like a fucking rockstar mate! I feel fucking wonderful," he grinned, hiccupping a little.
"Chelle?" I asked her.
"Fucking awesome! What a way to bring in the New Year," she squeeled.

As long as everyone was enjoying themselves, right? It wasn't that I wasn't enjoying myself. I just don't like the idea of my friends drowning their problems in alcohol. But it was just for one night. One harmle
ss night.

----

Chelle's POV

It hit nine in the morning and I called it a night. I needed my bed, I was drunk and I couldn't be around Alex. Knowing where Jack was... Alex completely oblivious... I couldn't tell him. I loved Alex, as a friend. I wasn't gonna do that to him. Alex meant too much and was too precious to me to do that to him. I just hoped Jack told him before anyone else.

Going to bed, I was full of guilt drowned in alcohol. Drowning it wasn't the best idea I had, but it was a bit easier to take this way. I thought that maybe I'd be out like a light when I got to bed, but I wasn't. I could hear sex coming from pretty much every room in the house. Why did alcohol make people horny? I couldn't understand why you'd want messy, drunk sex when you could have nice, sober controlled sex. I just hoped that all of them had used protection.

About half eleven, finally my eyes drifted shut as people started to leave. A 17 hour party. That had to go down in history surely. Then the shouting began. Jack was back.

----

Jack's POV
I opened my eyes to bright light. I looked at the time and saw it was half ten in the morning. Last I remembered, I was doing shots with my coworker Jessica. After that, nothing. I noticed I was in a bed, but my mind registered it wasn't mine. It wasn't even my house. My mind began to rush. No. No no no.

I felt something move behind me and a groan came. But it wasn't Alex's. My mind unclouded as I looked at the floor and saw my clothes strewed across the floor. I looked down and realised what I had done. Fuck.

I got out of the bed quietly, pulling on my jeans and shirt, and pulled on my shoes, before grabbing the rest of my clothes and wandering through the house, finding the front door. Beside it was a mirror. On my neck, I saw a huge, black hickey. I began shaking as I realised. This was it. As soon as Alex saw that... I'd lose him. I had to tell him.

I quickly left the house to find that I was only a few streets over from my house. I spent three quarters of an hour wandering around, trying to find the courage to go home. In the end, there was no avoiding it. I reached into my pocket to see I had 25 missed calls from Alex. My heart panged as I realised those were the last time Alex was ever going to call me. And it was all my own fault. I should've thought about him, kept him on my mind.

I opened the front door as Alex came out the kitchen. Everyone had left. His eyes lit up as he saw me, and then he saw the mark on my neck. His eyes narrowed.

"Alex, I-"
"What the fuck happened to your neck?" he asked lightheartedly.
"It's.... it's a hickey..." I mumbled.
"How did you get a hickey, 'cause I didn't give you one," he said, .
"Alex... I-"
"Wait... you.. Jack, did you.. cheat?" Alex asked me, things finally clicking in his mind.
"I'm sorry Lex..." I said, walking over to him and trying to take his hands. He pushed me back, tears filling his eyes.

----

Alex's POV
"You're sorry? You're sorry? You fucking cheated on me and that's all I'm getting? You're sorry?" I cried out as my heart crumbled.
"I know it was crap of me, Lex. Believe me. I know. And I am so sorry I hurt you. I need you to know that I'm sorry," he begged me.
"There you go again with your sorry's. No, Jack! It's Alex! Don't even think about calling me! Sorry isn't gonna sort this," I growled.
"I know it's not. But what do you want me to tell you?"
"You should've said no! I should've been on your mind. You shouldn't be begging for my forgiveness. You should've been with me," I cried out as tears started pouring down my face.

I heard steps coming downstairs. Chelle, Matt, Vinny and Zack stood on the stairs.
"What's all the yelling about?" Matt croaked out.
"Jack cheated," I told them
"Lex, please. Leave them out of this," Jack begged me.
"You do not get a fucking say in this, Jack! And it's Alex," I warned him.
"I'm sorry, Alex. I don't know what else I can say to make this better," he cried out.
"There's nothing you can say, Jack! You've fucked this up! You have! I'm done! We're done," I screamed.

"Alex, we can work this out," Jack cried out, tears falling down his face.
"No, Jack! No we can't! Get out! I've told you! You should have said no!" I told him before shoving him out the door and shutting it, beginning to cry.

----

Jack's POV
I stood, staring at the door that was slammed in my face as I realised I had no where to go. I fucked this up. I had to fix this!
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a really long chapter for everyone. Thank you so much to everyone who stuck with this until the end. I know that you guys hate me right now, but the sequel's gonna be worth it! Thank you so much to everyone who commented, subscribed and recommended this story! This story's now done, and it only took me four years to do it xD Thank you all again. Sequel's up soon!

Comment and let me know what you guys liked and didn't like! I love you all!