Status: Complete!

Hell on Earth

First Meeting

“Brother! Brother look!” a small blonde boy shouted worriedly as he, a tall man with long dark hair that came down past his shoulders, dressed all in red, and a woman with short brown hair, wearing a blue business uniform walked down the sidewalks of the Special Zone. “Kotaro, what is it now?” his brother asked in an exasperated tone. “There! That little girl!” he answered, pointing to show them where to look.

Both adults followed his finger to see the form of a small girl with dark red hair, dressed all in black, huddled down on the curb crying. “Hey, what’s wrong?” the woman asked softly after jogging over to her, but the little girl whimpered and shied away from her, burying her face deeper into her arms. “Mimiko,” the man frowned, receiving a heavy sigh from her as he knelt down to try and speak with her, but she slapped his hand away and ignored him. “Don’t be sad, okay? My brother is just trying to help see what’s wrong. He and Mimi are really nice, we just wanna help you! Why are you crying?” Kotaro asked worriedly. “M-my sister, went, away!” she sobbed. “Oh no, are you lost?” Kotaro asked quickly. The little girl just nodded and kept crying.

“We have to help her!” he announced to Jiro, Kotaro’s brother, and Mimiko. “We will. There’s a police station just up the road from here, we’ll take her there so that they can help her find who she’s looking for.” Jiro nodded. “No! She needs our help! What about her sister? She must be really worried about her! What if it was you running around looking for me? Would you want someone to help us find each other, or just put me at the police station?” Kotaro argued. “He’s right, Jiro, and the kid’s terrified as it is.” Mimiko sighed. “All right,” he nodded in defeat, knowing that his little brother was right, and that he wasn’t going to win the argument against him, and knelt down beside the girl again.

“What’s your name?”

“My sister says not to talk to strangers.”

Jiro was about to say something else when several screams of terror echoed behind them. He quickly stood up and drew his sword, having his brother stand behind him so that he could protect him, and the little girl, as several ghoulish creatures came running their way. He was about to slice through one when the little girl yelped and ran out in front of him, hugging the monster tightly. “You founded me!” she cried happily, receiving a loving embrace in return.

“Back down you go, all of you! Good work though, I’ll be sure to send something good your way tonight.” an exhausted woman ordered as she jogged up to them, dropping to her knees and nearly strangling the little girl in a hug as soon as the ghouls disappeared. “I’m sorry, but just what is going on here?!” Mimiko demanded. “I’m sorry, this probably looks terrible, especially with the way your friend is holding that sword… please don’t hold that so closely to her, it worries me.” The woman sighed, still holding the little girl who wasn’t going to let go of her any time soon, “My name is Kana, and this is my sister, Mei.”

“And how do you explain those creatures?” Jiro demanded, refusing to lower his blade. “They’re our pets!” Mei beamed, receiving a very stern look from her sister, and a tired sigh. “Yes, they’re our pets, sort of. They have free will and their own minds, and will never be trained. I don’t consider them pets, as much as friends. They’re protectors.” Kana explained calmly, but her calm attempts went in vain as another wave of ghouls appeared and swarmed Jiro, Kotaro, and Mimiko, ready to attack. “You threaten our children,” the largest growled, bearing bloody fangs, and decaying claws. “Arashi,” Kana snapped sharply pushing Mei off of her and jumping between the creature, and Jiro, “They mean us no harm, Arashi.”

“His blade is aimed at you and Mei, yet he means no harm?”

“Your claws and fangs are aimed at him, and his brother and friend, are they not?”

“I mean to rip the flesh from their bones. I mean great harm to them.”

Jiro tightened his grip on his sword as the other demonic creatures moved closer around them. “Lower your blade, Vampire, now.” she ordered, but he refused.

“Vampire,”

“Step, aside.”

“Mei, get down!” she yelled as flames surrounded all of them. More screams of the few people who chose to watch the battle between vampires and demons on the street sounded as they fled the scene. “Arashi they mean us no harm! Stand down and return to the underworld, I don’t want to have to destroy you!” she yelled, but as long as Jiro held his weapon they were going to attack.

Suddenly the sword was no longer in his hand though, and seven more undead creatures appeared. “Mei, what did I tell you?!” Kana yelled, looking to see Jiro’s sword, which was bigger than the little girl holding it, in Mei’s hands. “He wouldn’t put it down!” she retorted and threw it to the ground, jumping to stand on it to keep Jiro from taking it back. “They are nice! They didn’t want to hurt me! Weave them awone!” she yelled at Arashi as more flames swirled around them. Kotaro was holding onto his brother’s coat in terror, and Mimiko was cowering in fear. “Arashi,” a very human like ghoul, with half a jaw and a burnt flesh covered body, gargled as he limped to stand beside Jiro, who looked disgusted by the creature.

Arashi glared at Jiro before nodding and disappearing in a cloud of flames, taking all but seven creatures with him. “Kouki, you came without being summoned.” Kana stated as Mei returned Jiro’s sword to him. “The others are in an uproar, My Lady, you were being threatened by our own kind, from our own pits. It was a choice between myself and six others, or the entire pits come to protect you and Mei.” He answered, lowering his head as if expecting punishment. “You did well, Kouki, as for Arashi, I will have to decide his fate. Thank you for your help.” She smiled. Kouki nodded and crawled into the ground, followed by his six followers.

“Will someone tell us just what the hell is going on?!” Mimiko demanded. Mei looked up at her sister, who sighed sadly and shook her head. “Not here. Others are on their way to act as a… clean up crew, changing memories of the witnesses to tonight’s excitement, and repairing damages. If you want answers follow me. And Vampire, don’t draw that blade towards my sister again.” She replied and walked calmly away from them, carrying the tiny little girl with her.

“Okay, now start talking!” Mimiko ordered when they stopped in an old graveyard near the Special Zone’s border. “There is a war coming worse than that against the Kowloon Children. I myself am a demon reborn after death, and sent as a protector for humans, vampires, demons, and basically any other living, or semi-living being. There are many different kinds of demons, and an army consisting of each is rising now against this world. They want it for themselves, and they want to punish you.” Kana explained.

“Why?”

“Because you are not died!” Mei answered simply. “Dead, Mei, they are not dead. Not died.” Kana corrected before opening a mausoleum and walking through the door, leaving the others outside. “They are angry with you all for having what they don’t. You can see the sun, feel the air, and taste your foods. You can hold one another and show and feel love, and you have the freedom to live however you choose. We, however, do not, and since they see you as undeserving, and evil beings, they want to take it from you and cast you into the Pits.” She explained from the small stone building. “Pits?” Kotaro questioned. “I’m assuming she means the pits of hell, is that correct?” Jiro nodded. “Yes, actually. Though as an Old Blood, I’m not surprised you’re smart enough to figure it out.” She chuckled before rejoining them, dressed in dark tight pants, thigh high leather boots with straps up the sides, a tight black shirt, and long black coat. She also had sixteen daggers, and four guns and a sword strapped to her person while braiding her long, dark red hair that was almost black.

“Where are you going so… dressed up?” Mimiko asked worriedly. “To see the fire man!” Mei answered. “The fire department is miles from here, and isn’t open to the public at this time of night.” She frowned. “Not fireman, Fire Man. Crimson-Eye Zelman.” Kana answered and pushed past them. “And you’re going so heavily armed, because?” Jiro questioned. “Because, in this war there are two sides. There is no neutral, only our side, their side, and dead. He won’t go down so easily, so he will be on one of the two sides, Vampire, either way he will fight.” She answered and kept walking as Mei tucked two daggers into her boots and chased after her.

“You’re arming a child?” Mimiko asked in outrage. “Fight or die. I won’t have my sister so easily taken from me, she will fight should I fail to protect her.” She answered.

“Against zombies?”

“Ghouls, zombies, demons, and vampires. Those daggers are pure silver, so she’s at least armed against one of the four.”

“Vampires are working with these demons?” Jiro demanded. “Kowloon, unfortunately. They want revenge and power just as much.” She sighed.

“Zelman Clock isn’t one of the ‘good guys’, Kana. He may not seem it straight off, but he is dangerous.”

“I am a demon, born again after death. To be ‘born again’ as a demon, is to be brought back to life. I died, and went to hell, and got sent back as a demon. Vampire, I’m not afraid of Zelman Clock. I don’t fear death by his, or any hand. Besides, I don’t see him as the kind to allow his freedom to be taken from him. He seems to enjoy his ability to have fun.” She winked.

“Hey, he has a name!” Mimiko retorted.

“I have yet to learn it, so forgive me for being unable to address him with it.”

“Jiro Mochizuki, and this is my brother, Kotaro Mochizuki.” He nodded, bowing slightly. “And I’m Mimiko Katsuragi, compromiser for the Order Coffin Company.” She added. “Nice to meet you three formally. I am Kana Ishikawa, and this is my sister Mei Ishikawa. I’m sorry, but I have to speak with Crimson-Eye Zelman tonight. I won’t have time tomorrow. Goodbye. Oh, and think about this but don’t tell anyone just yet. And if you see a ghoul or two, don’t slay them on sight. They could be there to save your life. If they threaten you, or you feel threatened, lower your sword and respectfully demand their purpose and means. They will answer no matter what side they’re on.” She nodded and motioned for her sister to follow. “Bye Jiro and Kotaro Mochiduki! Bye Mimiko Katsiagi!” Mei waved and disappeared into the darkness of the graveyard. The last thing any of the three heard was Kana’s voice sighing “Mo-chi-zu-ki, and her name is Kat-sur-a-gi.”