Status: Complete!

Hell on Earth

Sacrifice

Against their original hopes, there was no time to make a proper plan for the attack on the enemy leaders. Lesander’s shadows announced to him that they had found the Kowloon King, and were in the process of reviving him, and that had become their first priority. Their trucks were loaded for a firefight, and their ambulances and delivery truck had been set up for emergency medical treatment, instead of just transport from the place of the injury, to somewhere to get proper care.

“Each truck gets a med unit of three! One member in each unit will be trained in the medical field! Everyone will be given two machine guns, four handguns, and at least one grenade! Our field commanders for this have been decided and go as follows. Zelman Clock will have a unit, Kana Ishikawa will have a unit, Jiro Mochizuki will have a unit, and Kain will have a unit! Frederick will take his forces where needed, Lesander will be support through the shadows and run transport, Aimée, are you able to defend the medical?” the Company President shouted over the rush to move into battle.

“I am. Let us send these unholy beasts back to hell!” she answered firmly, her French accent twice as thick as it had been before. Unlike Kana, when she changed she simply became more of a warrior than she was before. There was no lust, and no split personality; there was only Aimée and her power, and her determination to help any innocent being there was.

“Lord Dragon will be focusing his power against the Kowloon. Do NOT ask him for backup if you get into trouble, unless you are fighting Kowloon! We have radios in each truck to stay in contact, let’s move out!” Lesander ordered sharply and with that their army marched out.

“Kotaro, listen to me. What we are about to do is very serious; this fight is going to be harder than anything we have seen so far. I don’t want you to be afraid, but I want you to stay with Aimée all right? She is going to protect you today. I cannot.” Jiro explained as he helped Kotaro into Aimée’s Jeep. “But Brother!” he protested, letting his eyes go wide and fill with tears.

“No, Kotaro, we aren’t arguing over this. I want you to listen to me and stay with Aimée. Don’t run off, and don’t try to fight unless you have to. I won’t be riding with you, and this may be goodbye. Be careful, okay?”

“Y-yes Brother.”

“Good. Take care of yourself.” He smiled and ran off to his unit.

“Be careful, Kana.” Zelman nodded, as they got into their trucks side by side. She sighed and jumped out of her truck to grab him by the jacket and pull him into a meaningful kiss. “You too.” She smiled, but he could see that she was very afraid.

“Ready! Move out!” Kain shouted, and their army sped off to end the war or die trying.

“Silver Blade, we have movement on your six, according to Daniel’s radar there is about ten and they’re moving fast.” A woman announced over the radio as they drove in their formation. Unfortunately, their highest speeds were only as fast as the tanks could go, which weren’t very fast at all. “Heads up, Zelman’s lighting up!” Daniel answered before Jiro could react, “And it isn’t MY radar, I just made some altercations to it.”

“Daniel, take credit when credit is due.” Lesander chuckled.

“Target is in sight, they’re trying to dig the King out but don’t look like they’re getting much luck.” Frederick announced. “Tanks, fire into their outer lines. Unit Z get them off the tomb, Unit L box them in!” the Company President ordered.

“K.I. is moving in!” a man announced as Kana and her men charged firing their weapons as she tortured her targets.

“The Dragon is in position!” another announced as the smell of gunpowder filled the blood-heavy air.

“We have wounded in the back, someone help they’re… oh my god! Run! RUN!” a woman screamed before the sounds of slaughter rang out over everyone’s radios.

“Damn, they were ready for us.” Kain muttered, grabbing his radio to give new orders. “Keep the King under fire, don’t let them revive him! Units Z, L, and K.I. stay to the original plan! Unit J and K give cover! Frederick we need men in the back!”

“We read ya, Kain!” Daniel answered as the new orders were carried out.

Aimée was using all of her new strength to keep their medical station protected while healing soldiers as they were brought. Kotaro was hiding in the ambulance in terror while Mimiko worked on one of the men, trying to stop the bleeding from a gash across his chest that was so deep they could see his heart. “Bandages!” she pleaded as tears poured down her face and into his injury.

“Mimiko, leave him; there’s nothing we can do!” Aimée shouted over the raging sounds of war.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered to him as he began screaming harder for her to help him, but seconds later he was gone and Mimiko had to move on and help others.

“Kotaro!” Aimée screamed suddenly. Kotaro looked up from the floor as the ambulance was tipped over and sent rolling down a hill. “BROTHER!” he screamed while being thrown about inside the equipment filled vehicle.

“Kotaro?” Jiro muttered, stopping his fight against six Kowloon to listen closer for his brother’s cry. When he heard it a second time, the ambulance crashed into a tree twelve yards from him. “KOTARO!” he bellowed before slicing his way to where the little blonde vampire was crawling out of the twisted and dented metal. Two Ravagers and a handful of ghouls were already on their way to their new young target.

“I’m sorry Brother! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to leave Aimée!” he cried once Jiro had fought his way to him. “It’s all right, Kotaro, this wasn’t your fault. Come this way. You’re in the fight now, I can’t get you back to her.” He sighed and handed his brother a weapon.

“What’s the kid doing out here?!” Eri demanded as he and Jiro fought side by side.

“He was thrown from Aimée’s unit. He landed not far from me, I’ve been trying to protect him.”

“Lesander! We need your help over here. Kotaro needs evacuated!” he shouted into his radio as they fought. Seconds later the demon appeared and grabbed Kotaro before disappearing again.

“They just keep coming! My god! We’re all going to die!” one of the last Hunters screamed as another wave of at least a hundred joined the fight.

“Shit!” Kana breathed, grabbing her radio, “ZELMAN! FIREPOWER!”

“I was already working on that, but thank you for the suggestion.” He huffed in reply and lit the ghouls and wraiths on fire. “Bring in the big guns, we have the tomb taken and are in defense.” He announced, but there was no reply.

“Radios are down! I was sent to let you know that there aren’t any forces to send here. Just us two.” Daniel panted after running and diving beside Kana and Zelman. Rinsuke nodded breathlessly and sat down beside him.

Just then yet another wave hit. Eri’s body went flying as the demolition truck exploded, the medical units were all burning, and what was left of their forces were all running for the tomb to regroup to defend it.

“Holy hell.” Daniel muttered as an eight-foot tall creature stormed towards them, lighting anything it touched ablaze. “No… I think this would be unholy hell.” Kana nodded blankly. “Zelman, whatever you do, don’t light him up. Fire makes it stronger.” Lesander ordered after transporting Mimiko and Kotaro to them along with three others.

“Where’s Aimée?” Jiro questioned. “She didn’t make it… she sacrificed herself to save these five… that’s all that is left of the medical units.” He answered.

“Think of the world outside the Special Zone,” The company president announced, “if we die today, let it be to protect them.”

“When we die, it will be.” Frederick nodded, taking his locket out of his pocket and kissing it before throwing it as far as he could. “Now isn’t the best time for that!” Kana screamed as he collapsed to his knees, refusing to cry out in pain as the locket was destroyed.

“It … is exactly… the time!” he grunted as the ground opened up to release his full demonic power. Instead of collapsing though the same way Kana and Aimée had, he fought through it and let everything he had come out at once. Running up to the army led by the fire creature, he took out thirty Ravagers at once, followed by three Reapers.

“Damn,” Lesander smirked in awe, and followed his lead to charge.

The fight raged on for hours without any signs of slowing down. One by one their guns ran out of ammunition. One by one their soldiers were slain, and before long only Kana, Lesander, Zelman, Jiro, Kain, and Lord Dragon were left fighting. Rinsuke was sent to guard inside the tomb, and Mimiko, Kotaro and the company president were locked in with him.

“This is it; this is the last battle!” Kana roared, slicing through anything in her path as Zelman incinerated anything around her to protect her. “Maybe we’ve finally found a way for a demon to commit suicide!” Lesander laughed as Jiro leapt over him to take out another wave of Kowloon.

“We can’t hold them back for long!” Kain grunted through his fight against the Ravagers. Kana looked around her, watching as if the battle were in slow motion and taking in the destruction around her. Mei would have been heartbroken that so many died. As tears as dark as onyx slid down her eyes she summoned all of her forces and ordered them to close any portals to any pits, and seal them permanently.

“Kana, what do you think you’re doing?!” Zelman demanded as she dropped her sword and stood as still as stone. “Don’t come any closer, Zelman. Take the others out of here, get them as far from here as you can.” She ordered, looking up at him with more tears in her eyes. “What?” he questioned, walking closer to her but she stopped him with a spell of torture.

“Kana please, what are you doing?”

“Ending it. When it is over, I want you to come back and take my belongings. I leave everything I have to you now… please don’t forget me. I love you, Zelman Clock.” She smiled, dropping the spell and raising her hands. He argued for a moment or so before being pulled away by fleeing ghouls.

“Jiro! Get Rinsuke, Kotaro, and Mimiko and get them out of here! We are retreating!” he shouted. Jiro turned and stared in awe as the redheaded vampire’s voice broke and tears were visible in his eyes. “Then this is our only hope of winning this war.” Lord Dragon muttered as Lesander grabbed him and took him to the others. The last thing Zelman saw before Lesander’s shadows surrounded him was Kana’s form being overrun by creatures and demons.

“I can see the battle still. She is still fighting.” The president nodded sadly as they stood on top of the church beside their mausoleum hideout. “Brother, why didn’t Kana come with us?” Kotaro questioned sadly, without taking his eyes off of the fight in the distance. “She is going to fight the rest alone.” He answered quietly.

“But she’ll die!”

“She knows, little vampire. Don’t worry about her, her debt is being repaid.” Lesander nodded and turned his back on the fight, not wanting to watch another friend die. Aimée had been lost, Frederick had been lost, and now Kana. Out of their alliance, he would be the only one to return to his pits of hell.

“What’s that… light?” Mimiko breathed as the fight began to glow a dark red. “Kana’s last power.” Lord Dragon answered.

Zelman was losing his composure as he watched, knowing that her death would be painful. Within seconds of the light beginning, Kana’s roar was heard echoing across the ruins of the Special Zone, and the light expanded to a great explosion. And then all was quiet, and still.

“Kana,” Zelman whispered, staggering closer to the edge of the building to see better, hoping to see her running form the battle to join them, but there was no movement. Not from her, or their enemy. “KANA!” he screamed in pain.

“She’s gone.” Jiro sighed, putting his hand on the other vampire’s shoulder as Rinsuke lost his battle against his tears, and Mimiko sobbed openly. “She wanted me to take her things. I’m going for them, and I’ll burn their corpses while I’m at it.” Zelman announced.

“Don’t burn ours. We will give the ones who died protecting the world a burial of honor.” Lord Dragon ordered. Zelman just nodded and left to find the body of his love.

“Go with him. Keep him from losing his mind when he finds her; she may be completely torn apart.” Lesander nodded to Jiro, who sighed and left knowing that he was right.

When he found Zelman, he was on his knees holding Kana’s body in his arms. She was bleeding and weak, and they both knew she was dying, but there was a small hope in the other vampire’s eyes that she would heal.

“I love you, Zelman Clock, please don’t forget me.” She begged as more tears rolled down from her darkening eyes, staining his torn shirt and jacket black against the blood. “I would never, Kana. I’ll keep this as a reminder.” He smiled sadly.

She laughed weakly and touched his face, “You should never depend on a reminder… they will keep you weak.” She smiled, “Take care of things for me. Help them rebuild-”

“Kana stop, you need to rest so that we can take care of you. You’ll be all right once you’re treated, I’ve seen demons heal.” He interrupted.

“I’m not a demon anymore, I’ve used all of my demonic energy, now I’m dying. If it weren’t my injuries, it would be nature to take me.” She answered. “Goodbye, Zelman. I love you as much as I love Mei.” She smiled, and was gone.

Zelman screamed her name, and shook her body, desperately trying to wake her, but it was no use. She was dead a second time. “I could have given her my blood, I could give her my blood!” he breathed, tearing open his flesh and pouring his blood into her mouth, trying to revive her, but it was too late.

“Let her go, Zelman. She didn’t give her life for you to go insane beside her body.” Jiro reminded. Zelman only responded by screaming in agony and lighting the corpses of all their foes ablaze. “Take their bodies. I’ll bring hers.” He muttered and walked away with Kana’s limp body in his arms, leaving Jiro surrounded by a field of burning flesh to gather the bodies of their forces.