The Greatest Hunt.

The start of a plan

Stirring awakening of soft features, the gentle turning over the lustrous bed found soft green eyes coming wide in mornings light. Barely awake, the sight of her room providing comfort as she pulled her arms upwards into a long stretch. The gasping yawn that slipped from her lips disappeared in a small squeak as she allowed her body to fall into a sitting position. The covers draping over her legs, the long, almost dress like shirt that she wore covering her delicate frame as the sudden memories and realisation's flooded back to mind. The events that took place the night before finding their place amongst her mind, flashes of images resonated around her sight as she gazed around the room, almost wildly in search of something, anything to make the reasons for her placement back here, perfectly alright a reality. The sound of the yells, the gun fire, the feeling of strong arms grasping her body was that which brought the observation. The man, the one who had saved her had brought her home, the immediate want to know who it was, to know what had happened filled her every breath from just that realisation.

Throwing her body out of bed, pulling a large robe around her body, soft woolen slippers sliding over her feet as she made her way out of the room.
A crackle and lick of flames rose up from the fire, sparks of orange light shed their way into the air before simmering off into black ash upon the hearth. The murmurs of general conversation were held, two men spoke clearly in the room before the girl. Her silent footing placing herself into the doorway without notice for a moment as she took in the scene. Her father, as usual lounging over his old chair, mug of some aliment in hand. Another man, placing himself in the seat to which her brother often perched. Muscular frame draped in a loose shirt, casting blue eyes caught off the flickering dark streaks of hair. The curious smile that played over his lips drew the attentive gaze as he spoke in a calm tone to the man closer to her. Another young woman, placing herself in silence in an opposing chair to the doorway was whom saw her first.

The smaller of the women leaping out of her seat, shoulder length hair flowing behind her, revealing the beautiful features before. Her tanned skin followed as the half shirt revealed her waist. Loose fitting trousers accompanied by soft leather shoes giving her freedom of movement as the girl paced over to where Jade stood.

"You're awake at last. It's good to see that you are okay..."

Small arms found their way around the girls frame, the gentle hug brought on by the words as Jade found the fond smile lifting over her features, allowing her own arms to fall over the shoulders of the girl.

"Yes Samara, I'm fine, it's good to see you and that of your brother. Hello Gabriel, good morning father...Hmm, can someone please explain to me what happened? My memory seems to be failing."

The woman nodding gently as she looked to the two men she spoke of, both of which freezing their conversation and smiling back to her, though the concern that grew over the older of the mens features was clear. The smaller girl still tightly clung to her friend finally released her grip, slipping back to her previous seat, resting in silence as Jade found a place next to the fire.

"We were hoping you could tell us."

The deep voice reverberated over the air, the figure of the man Gabriel had moved forward slightly, his right arm sliding over a knee to rest his position as blue hues held tightly on the woman.

"All that we saw, was... The creature attacking you, I grabbed one of the rifles and took a shot, it ran, we carried you home, Samara cleaned you and put you to bed. Now here you are."

Frank words spilt over his lips, no room for idle chat from the mans position. Penetrating lock of his optics were not of cold nature, warmth was found, fondness for the figure before him as he questioned.
The woman in return sighing gently, parting of her lips as she leaned back to speak in turn again.

"Things didn't turn out well, he broke free of the chain and rope I tried to restrain him with and... I just couldn't bring myself to shoot my brother."

Her final words were almost questioning, as if searching for reassurance, approval even for her actions, the actions that could have cost her life.

"So I ran. Then well you know the rest, at least I can be thankful he never marked me."

Again a further sigh of relief fell over her lips, the thought of taking the curse on herself, simple after the events she had seen recently, was not something she was willing to deal with.

"No, Samara checked over you, while she cleaned you up, you were unmarked. You are still free."

Gabriel once again speaking with the same, soft but commanding tone to his voice, bringing his form to fall back again, resting against the back of the chair, a small smile lifted over his lips upon the gaze of Jade.

"You're going to be okay. Now then, what are we going to do about your brother?"

Silence fell over the room once more, the few people looking to one another, gaze shifting as the thought out the possibilities. Finally the soft voice of the woman, Jade, spoke out again.

"Well, if we want to help my brother, first we have to catch him, during the day obviously, then... Bring him back here?"

Her questioning tone brought little comfort to the minds of the others, eyes holding to her as she looked down once more, digits rolling over themselves in mild movements.

"You're right, then we better hurry, if we want to find him and bring him back before the day is over. We'll take some precautions, we should be able to hold him in the stables while we work out how to deal with him, perhaps if we can see him up close, without having him try and kill us, we can work something out."

The words of the man were strong again, the usual confident tonality of Gabriel's voice rang through the air as he took his form to a stand. Smiling around the room, the loose shirt flowing freely around his waist, the others finding their feet as well.

"I know him best, know where he'll be, he's likely, if conscious moved back to the small clearing we made, though. He can't remember anything of what he does, during the night, so he'll be confused, scared even over where I am, I'd imagine."

Jade had pulled herself up once more, her slender figure reaching to hold a commanding stance, taking off from her words as she reached for the authority again.

"How about, Jade and I, go in search of Cain, Samara, you and Hector can prepare everything here, if that is alright with all of you?"

The slight bow that lifted over his form as he spoke the name of the old man, his own head nodding gently in return as he also proclaimed, with that of Samara that all would be well. Jade simply turning and nodding curtly before running upstairs to get dressed and ready.

The other three simply finding their feet, moving to gather the few belongings they felt was necessary for the search for the brother, little was needed of course, for the journey was to be made in haste, the search was required to be over by night fall or else problematic circumstances would once more take over...