Status: Completed. :D

The Truth About Hollywood

Chapter 42

"CLAIRE!" I heard screams from all around me as I emerged from the limo, Danny's hand firmly wrapped around mine. "CLAIRE BRYANT!"

Smiling, I waved to a couple of the more enthusiastic fans, and one of them burst into tears. Letting out a small laugh, I continued to walk along the long carpet that led to the Kids' Choice Awards, being a nominee for Favorite Actress in a TV Series.

My dress was dark pink and clingy, stopping a bit below the middle of my thigh, and my shoes were a gorgeous cream color. My jewelery and makeup were very simple and natural, which added to my whole innocent air.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful yet?" Danny whispered in my ear, causing me to smile. A few cameras flashed, alerting me that the moment was going to be in magazines for the whole world to see.

"A couple of times," I responded, stopping to take a mess of pictures, most with Danny, but some without. He wasn't nominated for anything else personally, but the cast was up for Best TV Show. Just the fact that it was the first season, and we had some mishaps with the airing just made everything so incredibly amazing.

Finally, we were led inside, where there was a bar to get drinks that we wanted. Annabelle bounded over to me, energetic as ever, even in her five-inch heels. "Oh my God! You're here!"

"I'm going to get us some drinks," Danny announced to me before going off to do just that.

"You're here, too!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her. The butterflies were anxious in my stomach, and it was all I could do not to act like a five-year-old and start jumping up and down with excitement. "God, can you believe we're here right now?"

"It's so great to know that the show is liked," she gushed, looking around at everyone. "Look at all the people who are here! Oh my God, is that Johnny Depp?"

"I think it is." I attempted to hold back my squeal of delight without too much luck. "Alright, we look like such kids. We should try to be a little more sophisticated."

Standing up straighter and taking a deep breath, we attempted to grasp our inner maturity, but when Taylor Lautner walked past me, I just about died.

"Wow," I breathed. "He's even hotter in person."

He turned and smiled at me, having heard my statement. My face turned really red, and I turned toward Annabelle, who was cracking up laughing at me.

"Shut up," I snapped at her.

When Danny came back, he handed me my cup and got a glimpse of Annabelle watching him, holding back laughter. "Did I get something on my face?" he questioned, drawing his eyebrows together.

"No," Annabelle reassured him. "Your girlfriend just said that Taylor Lautner was hot while he was walking by. And he heard her."

"Smart," Danny rolled his eyes. "This is why you shouldn't be let out anywhere."

"Thanks," I snickered, taking a drink from my cup, letting the bubbles from the Diet Coke fizz in my mouth. I loved the carbonation from soda.

Soon enough, we were all being ushered into the awards room, and I got really nervous. My palms were sweating up a storm, and it wasn't like I could wipe them on my dress. How uncivilized.

My mind was in a haze as all the different awards went by, until the went to the favorite TV actress.

"Ugh," I heard Stella whisper from a couple seats away to John. "I don't know how Claire got that nomination instead of me. Everyone knows that I'm the glue that holds the whole show together." Oh, how in the world did she keep herself so modest?

"Alright," Johnny Depp started, reading off a card. "The nominees for Favorite Actress in a TV Series are: Selena Gomez for Wizards of Waverly Place." Applause. "Demi Lovato for Sonny with a Chance." Another round of clapping. "Miley Cyrus for the last season of Hannah Montana." MORE CLAPPING? HONESTLY, PEOPLE? "And Claire Bryant for Darwin High."

"And the winner is," Cameron Diaz followed, opening up a gold, glittery card that sparkled in the stage lights. The seconds before she announced the name felt like hours, the wait one of the most agonizing things that I had ever sat through. "Claire Bryant!"

My heart stopped for a second, and I didn't know what was happening as the whole room started putting their hands together.

"Go, Claire!" Danny hissed at me excitedly, hitting me in the leg.

I was in a state of complete shock as I made my way up to the stage, accepting my award from Johnny Depp before stepping up to the podium.

"Oh my lord," I let out in a laugh. "I can't believe this. I'm, like, in a daze. Whoa. Thank you so much to my fans, first and foremost, since you're the ones who voted me up here. And thanks for everyone who works on Darwin High, as well as my boyfriend, Danny. Also..." I swallowed for a second, surveying all the faces in front of me, some young, some old. "Thanks to my dad for being strong after all that my family has gone through over the past year. It hasn't been easy, but we'll make it through. Thank you, everyone!"

Tears of joy collected in my eyes as I sat down in my seat. "Great job," Danny breathed, giving my hand a squeeze of encouragement.

"Couldn't have done it without you," I responded with a smile.

In that moment, I was absolutely thrilled with the way my life turned out. There had been difficult times, but I had gotten through with them. They just made me stronger, if I could use a cliché.

Realizing that people liked what I loved to do...it just made everything so much worthwhile. Again, I looked at my little orange blimp award and smiled.

I could get used to the feeling that I had then.
♠ ♠ ♠
...I lied. Ha-ha. This is going to be the last chapter, guys. I hope you like it! Leave a comment telling me what ya think. :D