Status: This is for a Mibba contest the pictures in the back round are what this is based off of.

Worlds Apart

My World

The 1:13 train is right on time. I can see and hear it now, though it is still miles away.

The screeching of brakes, shattering of glass, and crunch of a cars body wakes me up. My first instinct is to check on Abby. “Abby?” I yell. I wait. No reply.
I run to her room, there is no lump under the covers of the “big girl bed” that she was so excited to get. I run to mom’s room, she’s not there, passed out of floor or on her bed. “No, no, no, no, no. Mom you didn’t, you couldn’t have.”
I run outside and see the car run into the light pole on the left side of our driveway. I run to the car and see; my drunken mother passed out on the sidewalk, the driver side of the car wide open, and the air bags deployed. She didn’t even have a scratch. “Please, please, please let her be in the back seat.” I walk over to the passenger side of the car. Abby was in the front seat, her neck clearly broken, I can only guess it was because of the air bag. I rip the car door open, and unbuckle Abby. I pull her into my arms, and start to cry uncontrollably. I held my world in my hands, my little sister. In that moment I hated my alcoholic mother, more than anything else in the entire world.
*~*
I slept soundly the night my world needed me the most.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, it's short. I'm sorrryyyy but the chapter has to end there! You'll see why.