Memento Mori

I'm sure you've all heard a fairytle, Cinderella, Snow White, and the many more people decide to write. But I'm not going to write their fairytale simply because to write something one would have to believe in what they are writing about. And I can't believe in anything--not anymore. Itf it's true or not, that decision is up to you. I won't say--if I did I'd have to listen to the religious people who think they know it all--and what fun would that be if I didn't have popcorn and a soda? It seems pointless to denounce a name or to even believe in a higher power but of all people I probably should, but should doesn't mean I do or I will.

Right now you are probably wondering why I brought up fairy tales in the beginning, the answer is quite simple. They have hope. Through everything they had hope.. I used to be like them--finding the good in people even if there was no good to be found. That was until I met him. Until the day I ignored my gut and gave everything to him. He didn't break my heart, we're still together, but he changed me. No longer did I hope for anything. No longer did I see life. Because of what I am I see death. I can tell you when someone around me is about to die, and if I really want to I can make it seem longer--because I'm a wailer, and I'm trained to kill Death itself. I'm still young and idiotic. Oh yeah and who would want to kill their boyfriend? The death and I--we're alot alike and for that reason I fell in love with him. He changed me into his enemy. Why? When you have a wailer, with such a strong connection to death before the change, the product of death and wailer together to is complete power.

But with the power she'd get--because all wailerchildren are girls--usually half human, unless they are changed. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Death told me Memento Mori. He said it meant, "'We all die sometime." and as he took my soul--my human sould away. I lived with those words--particially because the only thing that can kill me is death itself. So as you read on, if you decide to, just remember two things for me: 1. Things are definitely not what they appear. and 2. Memento Mori.

Now to my tale. Enjoy.
  1. Face To Face
    Katien's POV