Status: Complete. Taking requests

Wrong Place at the Almost Right Time

I Was Never A Begger

****************
Ash’s POV

After going “oww” for about a block I decided to stop. I needed to take these god dammed heels off. I peeled off those little demons and my feet embraced the cold streets of Chicago. I sighed and continued my journey home.

I had just gotten off of work. It was my father’s company. He was this huge engineer for the city. I mean he knew everyone and anyone. He ran things that he shouldn’t be able to. It didn’t help the fact that the mayor, the same one past few thousands of years, was my dad’s best friend.

Meaning, my father was perfect but I was stuck without him.

He wasn’t in my life much as a kid. But I did get everything I wanted. That was definitely something I didn’t mind. Though, I missed him. Yeah, I got to hang out with him but I didn’t have much of a relationship with my mother.

Now, you’re probably wondering why a 19 year old is still living at home and working for her dad. Well, I am learning to be chemist. Not your ordinary chemist. I am an experimental type with an engineer background. I was hoping it would bring my father and me closer.

It did. Just not in the way I had hoped.

I now work on the floor below his office. So I do get to see him everyday unless he’s on a business trip. I work with four other people. We are giving certain test samples and are to test their reactions with what ever they give us. Weird, but it pays.

Now, I live at home because it’s pretty much my home. No one is ever there except me and our pets. Other then that it’s a dead cell. This is great for me, if I actually liked being there.

Sometimes I feel like running away.

I mean, there isn’t anything to go home to. I don’t honestly have anything. I don’t even really have friends. I’m a no body and I will admit that. But that’s going to change. I am someone! I am going to make my life unique.

I will start tomorrow. I have the day off. I will put on some normal clothes instead of this usually causal formal crap and go to a local club. I will have a non alcoholic drink and see what I’m missing.

As I rounded the corner I bumped into someone, “Oh! I’m so sorry.”

“No pardon me, Miss.”

I looked up at the man I bumped into and almost screamed. It was the man from my dreams. Every since I was in high school I kept having dreams on one man. He always sat near my bed and just seemed to watch me.

I swallowed hard and got a good look at him. He was without doubt a good head taller then me. His hair was down past his chin. He was very pale and lanky. He almost seemed pasty. His nose was as straight as a ruler and his piercing auburn eyes held concern with a mixed of green sorrow. He was in the same outfit I had dreamed. The wool’s design on the coat was the same as in my dreams.

He voice was almost velvet, “Are you alright Miss?”

I looked away from him and furred my eyebrows, “Yes. I’m fine. I’m sorry.”

“No need to apologize. It was my fault.”

I didn’t even notice the man next to him till I looked away. The other male was wearing a similar outfit with a white bowler hat. He was brown hair to his ears and was shorter then this mysterious man. His coco brown eyes averted from me to the man almost waiting for something to happen.

I needed to get out of here, “Um. Sorry again. Have a good night.”

When I started walking his voice drifted to me, “Miss?”

I turned around, “Yes?”

He was holding one of my shoes in his hand, “You dropped this.”

I felt the heat in my cheeks as I walked towards him, “Thank you.”

I took it from him and he chuckled lightly, “Your name must be Cinderella.”

I smiled weakly, “No actually. It’s Ash.”

I didn’t even know I dropped one of my shoes. I think I would have heard it. I turned away from him. I could hear the other male trying to encourage the man in my dreams to leave.

“Mine is William. William Beckett. It’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Ash.”

I nodded and turned to leave. I gripped my shoes tighter and started to walk. I could hear both of their shoes click down the sidewalk. I occasionally looked back to see if I could see them. I felt my long hair brush against my face because of the new wind.

I have to say. That was a good start on making my life unique. I forced my hair to stay on the side of my face and continued to walk home. The pain in my feet didn’t bug me as much as the fact I had now named the man in my dreams.

That was definitely and uber creepy moment. I have to say he is more attractive in person though. What am I saying? I have been dreaming about this man! I should be freaked! He’s like 26! I continued to think about him till I made it home.

****************
William’s POV

“Was that her?”

I looked over at Brendon as Ash left us to walk down the street, “Yes. That is the girl.”

Brendon looked back at her walking away figure as we started forward, “She’s beautiful.”

I shoved him to the wall of the building near us. I could hear the bones in his body break and start to heal instantly. He looked up at me with fear. That may be because he was off the ground.

I growled, “Don’t get any ideas.”

I let him go and his feet contacted with the ground. He fixed his suit and looked at me with an emotionless look. I knew he knew better. I mean I sure he wasn’t really thinking anything but I must stay on top of the situation. She was mine.

After we had been walking Brendon spoke, “I’m sorry sir.”

“No, I am. I just don’t want anything to go wrong here. I’m too close to stop.”

“When will you take her?”

“Soon.”

We were walking to our home. It was a special home. The Governor gave us this home. Sort of as a treaty. As long as we got what we wanted he wouldn’t be killed in out murdering sprees.

Yes, vampires are real.

Very very much real.

I am the leader of this clan. I am in this position because I earned it. I created these men and we are the Dandies. We are feared and hated. I don’t care. I have what I want. Well, almost. This is where Ash comes in.

Here’s the thing, after my men had fed we were walking down the streets. I saw Ash. I saw her and I couldn’t look away. A man who had been around for two hundred years couldn’t look away from a simple young adult.

She was beautiful. Young, maybe 17? Her dark hair was long and feathery. She was a very simple girl but very striking. Everything about her captivated me. She was a dream come true. Such a gorgeous creature. I knew then I wanted her. I had to get closer to her. I had to give her the idea I was a good person.

I had followed her home and soon realized she lived lonely boring life. I also learned she was incredibly intelligent. She knew things that the average person wouldn’t know. She was indeed the person for me.

I had entered her dreams. Giving her the idea I wasn’t there to harm. I must have done it hundreds of times. I was going to make this happen. I didn’t care if I had to kidnap her. I was going to have her.

Tonight was going to be a different situation. I was going to enter her dream in a new way.

**************
Ash’s POV

I felt a pressure on my lips and my eyes fluttered open. There was William Beckett on my bed. Though something told me this wasn’t a dream. I scooted away and was half sitting up. The blankets pulled to my chin.

His gloved hand was held up telling me to stop, “Please, I’m not here to hurt you.”

He let his hand fall to his lap. His other hand was pulling on the glove to remove it. He did the same with the other. He placed them in a pocket and I had now sat up completely. I don’t know why I didn’t scream.

No one would hear me.

“What do you want?”

I was shaking like a leaf. I’m sure he could tell too. His hand found my face. He forced the hair away from my face and his hand slid down to my arms. I was gripping the blanket for all I was worth.

“Don’t fear me.”

Kind of hard!

“What do you want?”

He shook his head, “Nothing.”

“How did you even get in her-” I stopped my question and looked over at my window. It was still shut and didn’t look like anything had been moved. I know I checked all the windows and doors.

As awkward as it was, I didn’t fear him. I was more creeped out. I mean come on; I have this hot guy in my bed. But then again he could be a ghastly merciless killer. Ok. Now I’m freaked out.

“I promise you I won’t hurt you.”

I got out of bed, “You need to leave.”

He shook his head, “I’m sorry if I’m scaring you. I’m not a killer. I know you don’t want to believe me but have some faith in me. I mean, I haven’t hurt you in your dreams have I?”

“No. But-”

He cut me off, “But?”

“I’ve been dreaming about you for years. You can’t tell me there isn’t something wrong with that.”

“No, there isn’t. I’ve been having the dreams too.”

“Really?” I was interested, “No. This is messed. I don’t know who you are but you need to leave. My family is here and they are a scream a way.”

He snorted, “Are they?”

“What is that supposed to mean?

“You’re family isn’t home. They never are.”

“How do you? No, I don’t want to know. But if you don’t leave I will call the cops.”

William laughed, “You are quite different from most young females.”

“It’s because my hormones don’t run my body. Now get the fuck out!”

He started to act like I hadn’t said anything, “You know? I could give you a better life.”

I didn’t say anything. I was willing to hear his proposition. He stood up and walked around my room for a bit. He found one of my stuffed animals and picked it up. He looked at me and smiled.

“Are you going to continue?”

“Yes.” He placed the animal down, “I can give you a better life. This one needs a splash of excitement and a little danger.”

“I enjoy my life.”

“Do you?” He looked around, “This doesn’t look fun to me. Hell, when is the last time you spent a night out doing something?”

“Don’t interrogate me. I have plenty of fun.”

He appeared in front of before I could blink; “Really now?”

I gasped and backed up. There is no way a human is that fast. He was so close to me and I felt like my personal bubble had been busted. There was something fishy about him. I was going to find out what but I was also afraid too.

I mean come on, what human can move that fast?

Unless he wasn’t human.

I looked at William and he was smiling. It felt like maybe William knew what I was thinking about. I wasn’t sure but it was the vibe I was getting. This all was a rotten mess.

He was right in front of me, “You are a quick learner.”

“Can you read my mind?”

He nodded, “Yes, I can.”

“What else can you do?”

He moved the hair from my face, “A little bit of this and a little bit of that.”

I didn’t feel as scared. I know I should be scared but I wasn’t. I felt oh so safe. I think that’s what he wanted. He really wasn’t trying to be imitating but that might because he wants something from me.

My mind was everywhere.

He brought me back to reality real quick when his lips connected to my own. It was a gentle kiss. There was no aggression in it, nor was there a demand. I could barely feel them against my own. He hand found the back of my neck and forced me closer.

I felt so numb. I could return the kiss or pull away. My body was in shock. I felt a race of adrenaline and butterflies in my stomach. I have no idea why this man was kissing me or why I was allowing him too. But a part of me wanted to let him. I didn’t feel threaten at all.

But that might have been because I haven’t had a boyfriend since I graduated high school. He screwed me over so I dumped him and stayed away from males. I didn’t want to risk it. It just wasn’t worth it. Granted living in that fear wasn’t helpful but whatever works.

But damn!
William’s lips felt nice against my own.

Something in me told me to kiss back even though I didn’t want to. My hand found his cheek and cupped it gently. I forced myself to kiss him back even though I wanted to stop myself.

He pulled away, “I’m sorry.”

I stared at him confused, “For?”

“This.”

**********
Ash’s POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I shut it off and sat up. I felt my lips and looked around. I didn’t know if that was a dream or if it really happened. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

He was right. There wasn’t any excitement in my life.

I got out of my bed and did my morning ritual and started off to work. I had kept myself simple today. I was so distracted by my dream of William. Not only that but of the encounter. I felt so mixed on everything.

I made it up to my floor and I was the first one there. It wasn’t uncommon. I was the first here and the last to leave. I was head of this floor so it was the normal around here. We had gotten new solutions for metals. We were testing how they worked as an antibiotic. The silver and copper seemed to work but nothing else.

I frowned at the sample in front of me and decided to make a few changes. As I started my co-worker Sherry came in. We acknowledge each other and told her about the latest findings.

I mean this had nothing to do with my father but it was an amazing find.

The day continued to pass and night soon fell. Again I was the last one here. It didn’t bug me much. I loved this place but tonight I was feeling tense. After my night of William I felt like I was being watched.

Not to mention I was tired as hell.

So tired that I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing. I knocked over my small bottle of silver nitrate off the shelf and onto the counter and I cursed loudly. I also noticed I had managed to cut one of my fingers trying to stop the bottle. I started to clean the mess when I heard a sound behind me. I turned around and saw nothing.

“Hello?”

I knew no one was here. I was afraid it was burglars. I mean working with metals with expensive price tags can attract the wrong people.

Then he appeared. Right in front of me. William spoke with concern, “Are you alright? I hope I did not frighten you.”

I backed up against the counter, “I. Uh-”

My finger started to throb but I was afraid of William to care, “Please, I am not here to cause harm. You’re bleeding yes?”

I looked at my hand and back to him. He came closer and took my hand. He reached over to the band aids near me and quickly covered my little cut. I felt my cheeks heat up from the distance he closed. He made me so nervous.

I placed my hands on the counter for support. My knees were jelly. I know I shouldn’t be feeling anything for this creep but it was so hard not to. I really had spent too much time away from the dating field.

“Wait. Why are you here? How did you-”

He was so close to me I could almost feel his dress shirt against my own, “Don’t ask questions. It’s better that way.”

“But. Can you at least tell me why you keep harass-”

He cut me off again by pressing those lips of his against my own. My hands found his chest as I forced him away. He stumbled a little before regain his composure. As great as it was I couldn’t allow a stranger do such a thing.

He shook his head, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Do you work for my father or something?”

“The governor actually.”

“Really now? What do you do?”

He smiled and looked away, “Are you alone? Why are you always alone?”

“Don’t change the subject.”

He walked over to a couple of containers and messed around. I ran over to them and forced his hands away. I tried to put everything back to the way it was. I sighed and made sure everything was stable.

“Please! Don’t touch. They’re dangerous.”

He nodded, “So am I.”

I looked up at him and he stood in front of me again, “I know. But those chemicals can cause so many things to go wrong.”

William placed his hands on the counter on both sides of my hips, “Mmm. I can do the same if I want. But I don’t.”

He was pressed against me, “Who are you William Beckett?”

Why am I letting him be so close to me?

“I am what ever you allow me to be.”

I shook my head, “What do you want?”

“You. I have always wanted you.”

Me? Why me? I swear he is lying about something.

“I know. I barely know you but everything in me craves for you. I know it’s wrong but I can’t control myself. I saw you and I needed to meet you. I have gone years without even looking at a woman and you just captivate me.”

I was flatter but I felt like he was a stalker, “This is wrong.”

“I could give you so much. This life would be nothing to what I could give you.”

“I barely know you! Not to mention you creep me out.”

He cupped my cheek, “Ignore it. I am no threat to you. I could give you love and safety. You would never be alone.”

Wasn’t this moving to fast? At least in my eyes. Though, honestly I felt like I’ve known him for years. Granted nothing has explained the dreams but I felt so safe around him. I felt this love he speaks of.

“The dreams-”

He shook his head, “I’m sorry. It was the only way I could show you I am not a monster.”

“No human can do such a thing!”

“Forced it all aside. I am not the enemy here. I love you.”

I tried to push him away put he was a rock. No. I wasn’t going to listen to him. This had to be some kind of joke. Probably my co-workers teaming up with my dad trying to get me to go out with a guy. I rolled my eyes and tried to move him away again. That had to be the reason.

His coat was half of his shoulders and my hands continued to press against the dress shirt covering his chest. He only seemed to come closer. I could feel the cold skin warming to my touch. There was something seriously wrong with this guy.

He was whispering, “Please don’t push me away. I have worked to hard to get into this position now.”

I spoke with a distasteful growl, “What is wrong with you?”

Out of nowhere his behavior changed. He growled, “Fuck this.”

He grabbed my arm and led me down to the exit, “Hey! That hurts. Let go of me!”

Any piece of the innocent nice guy was completely erased, “Be quiet and this will go a lot easier.”

Talk about mood swing, “What? No. Let go of me!”

He dragged me down to the elevator and I dug my shoes into the floor. They caused a little drag but William didn’t seem to notice. I felt like a rag doll. He practically lifted me off the ground to get me to move.

He pressed the down button and the elevator automatically opened. He forced me inside and he turned us around. He hit the button for the ground floor and I tried to wrestle my arm away. It was hurting like a bitch. I swear I could feel him cutting off my circulation.

This guy was a monster.

“When we get out, don’t say a word or I will kill the guard out there.”

It dinged open and he pulled me out. The security guard looked at us and smiled. I tired to give him a look for help. William continued to drag me and I continued to look at the guard. Couldn’t he see I was in danger?

“Dragging her from her work again?

William flashed a cutesy smile, “Oh you know it. She never stops working. This is the only way.”

“I can tell. She has the whole ‘I don’t want to leave’ look.”

William nodded, “I know. Goodnight.”

William pulled me out of the building and I contemplated screaming. He glared down at me that made me rethink my last idea. He continued to yank me down the stairs till a nice black car pulled up to the curb.

“Where are you taking me?”

The passenger side door opened and the man that was with William the night before came out. He opened the door for William and I felt myself being scooped up into the air. William placed me in the car and slammed the door shut before I could react. I heard the locks click and I tried to get it to unlock.

No dice.

I tried to open the door but nothing seemed to work. The button for the window didn’t even seem to work. The door on the other side started to open and I moved to the door. William glared down at me and told me to move back.

I folded my arms, “No.”

“Now.”

I wasn’t going to find out what he would have done if I chose to stay put. I slid to the spot I was in previously and he folding his lanky figure into the car. He closed the door and the other male climbed in.

“Please? What do you want? Money? I can get money if you want it. At least tell me what you want damn it!”

William leaned over me and I gulped. His voice was low, “I want you to-” He pulled the seat belt of my scared frame and clicked it in, “shut up and relax.”

I gulped and shifted in my seat as William looked away, “I don’t want money. I have plenty of useless money. Money shouldn’t be a ransom. It’s everywhere. If I want something it’s a rare object.”

Now here is where I was confused. This guy has been in my dreams for a while now. Last night I run into the man in my dreams and then the dream that is always the same changed. Now I’ve been kidnapped by the same man and he is calling me rare? I don’t even know why but I’ll follow along.

“Is it something in the lab? Did we stumbling along something that you don’t want us to see or something?”

William laughed, “Oh. Hun? Hush or I will find a way to keep you quiet.”

I banged my fist against the seat, “No!”

I could hear the driver sigh, “Great another annoying human.”

Another? “William! Tell me what you want!”

William turned his head towards me but didn’t look at me, “I told you already.”

I growled and kicked the seat in front of me, “Kick my seat one more time and watch how fast I can come back there.”

“Brendon, enough.”

Brendon looked back at us and then straight at me, “You’re lucky.”

I looked over at William and continue to give him nasty looks. He looked at me and moved closer. I felt my frown slightly crumble as he slipped an arm around my shoulder and relaxed.

I could smell the cologne on him and it just seemed to mask me. I tired to pull myself away from him but he had me pressed against the door. I’m sure if it opened now I would for sure end up out of the car and with serious road rash. Maybe it was a good idea he buckled me in.

“Behave and you won’t get hurt. I promise you that much.”

“Oh yeah. Like I’m going to trust you.”

“What other choice do you have?” He was right, “I will tell you. I am a patient man but you just seemed to cross some wrong lines tonight.”

With that I heard a massive thunder erupt. I could see light reflection off the mirror on the windshield. I look behind me and sure enough there was the light. It was from an explosion. Then it clicked in my head. That was the office building I was just at. That was my father’s building.

Oh shit! The chemicals!

“Don’t worry about it. It wasn’t that bad of an explosion.”

“But! Most of them are unstable! I told you! Why?!”

He shook his head and forced out a laugh, “Nothing ever has to have a reason. Things happen and they don’t need to be backed up by any source.”

I looked away from the building and at him, “Everything has a reason. Everything has a purpose.”

“Oh don’t give me that crap woman. Next thing you’re going to tell me hell is where the non vegetarians go.”

I got a little defensive, “I wasn’t going to go that way.”

He bit his lip and I could see his canine hang out of the side of his mouth. I sat up straight and looked at him. He looked at me and released his lip. I leaned a little closer to his mouth and used my right hand to lift up his lip. They teeth had changed. I was sure I saw a larger canine.

He smacked my hand away and growled, “Don’t.”

“What are you?”

He leaned closer and I held my hands up defensively. They pressed against his chest as he leaned closer. His lips found my own and I felt him bit my lip. I groaned as I felt him tug. He had pieced them. He licked across my sensitive lips and I turned my head away.

“Answer your question?”

“You’re a vampire. One of the case studies that got away aren’t you? You’re infecting the city!”

He leaned back, “You are a smart woman.”

“That explains why you blew the building up. For the past few years they had been doing the studies. You escaped with fifty men. Now I was working on the cure. I was so close until now. Why didn’t I see this sooner?”

He laughed, “Believe me princess, I had no intention of involving you. I was going to use you as ransom if your dad got close to the cure. Then you came in as the scientist that was on the right path. I had to do something.”

“Why don’t you want the cure?”

His head rested against the back of the seat and his eyes found mine. He only seemed to smirk. I looked away from him. He was making me extremely uncomfortable. I felt his bony hip dig into mine as he tried to move even impossibly closer. I felt him nuzzle into my neck and I could feel him inhale. I gulped.

“Trust me. If I wanted to hurt you I would have.” His left hand found my inner thigh as he dragged it up slightly, “I have plenty of other intentions.”

I moved his hand away, “You’re sick.”

He nipped at my neck, “I know. But I promise you that I am a man of my word. I said you can have power and you will. You will be at my side the whole time. Like a real princess.”

“If I refuse?”

His breathe was on my cheek, “You won’t.”

“What makes you say that?”

He moved away from me and didn’t say anything. He had a smirk plastered on his face as he looked out the window. His legs where now crossed and we continued to speed down the streets of Chicago. If we kept going this way we’d be heading to Metamora.

“Where are we going?”

“Your new home.”

I placed my hands in my lap. I had to find a way out of this. We continued to drive and I figured I would have to make a break for it after we stopped. I knew William could read my mind so I didn’t bother coming up with a plan. There was no point. It was going to have to be spontaneous.

When we stopped I heard the doors unlock by mine refused to open. William waited till his open before stepping out. I crawled over ot get out but the door slammed on me. I huffed and the other side opened. I saw a hand was waiting for me to grab. I pushed it away and climbed out. I was right next to William. He pressed into me and I almost fell back into the car.

His voice held a forceful tone, “Run and I swear I will make your life hell. Understand?”

I nodded and he smiled, “Good.”

He kissed me one more time and grabbed my hand. He backed off and pulled me away from the car. I head the car door shut and the males walk behind us. I followed William’s harsh tugs and I was walking up a set of stairs into a large house.

When we walked in there were had to be a hundred people sitting in one room. I gulped as they all got quiet. As much as I hated to admit it; but I moved closer to William. He pulled me near him and the vampires looked away. They didn’t seem to care for me. I was extremely grateful for that.

“Welcome you your new home princess.”

**********************
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a request from a friend. Thanks for reading.

Please comment. :) It means a lot to me.

I'm taking one shot requests.