Status: Active

You Left The Worst With Me

Chapter 1

I was in the middle of my dream when my mom woke me up.

"Wake up, Aubrey! We're moving to Baltimore!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back at her.

I took a quick shower and grab my Blink 182 tee and a pair of short jeans from the cupboard and ran downstairs.

"We have to move to Baltimore because your dad has a duty there," my mom said as I opened the fridge and grab the milk box.

I, Aubrey Williams, will move to Baltimore because my dad has a duty there. At first, my mom and I didn't agree to go with him, but since he will live there permanently, then we'll have to join.

"Eat faster! We should immediately go to the airport. You don't want us to miss the plane, do you?"

"But I can't eat as fast as you ask, mom. I'd be chocked. Of course I don't want us to miss the plane!" I said as I eat my omelette quickly.

My father has already left to Baltimore first to take care of our new house and his job. He's a bussinesman. No wonder if he always busy. Although we lived in the same house, we rarely meet because he always left early in the morning and come home late at night. We only have time together a week in a month and during the holidays.

After that, I put my stuff into the baggage. For the last time, I say goodbye to my old house. I feel the tears falling down to my cheeks. Too many memories that I've created with my family in this house. It's so hard to leave this house permanently.

"Come on, darling! We do not want to miss the plane!" My mom yelled from the car. Then I wiped the tears from my eyes as I rushed to my car.

On the way to airport, I looked at the view from the window pensively. My tears fell again and my feeling mixed up.

"You've been so quiet lately."

I looked at my mom. "Uhm, sorry. Just lost in thought."

"I plan to-- wait, are you crying?" I didn't answered her question. My mom knows what happened with me. "Don't be sad for leaving our old house and your friends. I'm sure Baltimore will be as fun as in California."

"I hope so," I said softly.

As we arrived at Los Angeles International Airport, I unbuckled my seatbelt and went to the baggage to pick my luggage and put them into the trolley.

"Wanna hang out at Starbucks while waiting for the plane?" My mom offered. I nodded and we walked into the Starbucks. There, I ordered ice caramel macchiato and sat at the table. I opened my laptop and searched for Wi-Fi to go online on MySpace. I checked my profile and I got so many comments from my friends. I feel the tears start to fall down again to my cheeks as I read the comments.

"Why are you crying again?"

"I just.... I'm gonna miss all of my friends." I wiped my tears.

My mom hugged me. "I know, darling. Trust me, everything will be okay. You will get new friends there. And you still can keep contact with them via Messenger, right? Don't be sad please, I don't want to see you like this." I smiled softly to my mom.

"Attention US Airways passengers flight number US1568 please board to the aircraft immediately. Thank you."

We left Starbucks and search for the boarding gate. We showed our ticket and we entered the plane. I sat on the plane then grabbed my iPod from my bag and played Give Me One Good Reason by Blink 182.

"We will take off soon." I heard pilot's voice from the speaker as I buckled the seatbelt. Then the plane took off. I looked at the scenery from the window. The scene began to shrink, getting smaller, until only the clouds which can be seen now.

"Goodbye California..."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is our first story on Mibba! Read, comment, and subscribe :)