Easy Come, Easy Go

Come a Little Closer (I Feel Like Letting Go)

“Are you okay?”

Adelaine turned to Puck and smiled at him. “I’m great.”

She had never done that before. She couldn’t believe she had…

She had slept with him.

But it had felt…perfect, right. She wouldn’t have done it if she hadn’t wanted to.

There was a part of her that was scared of how close they were growing. But she was so upset at her parents, so stressed…having somebody she could connect with was so…so…

Wonderful.

And Noah was wonderful.

She was still embarrassed she had let herself cry in front of him. She hated crying. She never cried. She didn’t know what had come over her.

But he had been so sweet about it.

She kissed him again.

“I don’t want to go home.” She admitted, and she felt Puck’s hand on her waist, his rough skin still so appealing on her bare skin. He pulled her close.

“Then don’t.” He said huskily.

They were caught up in kissing again, tangled up in each other, when they heard noise downstairs. Puck cursed.

“My mom and sister are home.” He explained, and had to smirk when Adelaine blushed, because it was completely adorable.

She rolled out of bed, rushing to find all her clothes on the floor. She found everything except her T shirt. Puck, who had already pulled on all of his clothes, spotted it mostly under the bed. How had it gotten under the bed? He debated not telling her, since the view of her searching was far more appealing, but finally reached down and picked it up, tossing it to her.

“Oh, thanks. She said gratefully, pulling it on. She smoothed the pink shirt down, adjusted her black skirt. She was still searching for her shoes when they heard footsteps on the stairs. But by the time the door opened, they were both sitting on his bed, the acoustic guitar in front of both of them, and Puck was teaching her how to play the C chord.

“Adelaine, you’re here!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Hey Jess.” She said with a smile.

Puck noticed she was blushing again, probably from embarrassment at almost being caught. He just grinned. They hadn’t been caught, and he still thought she was cute when she blushed.

“Can you stay for dinner again?”

“If it’s all right with your mom then sure.” Anything to not have to go home.

And that evening she had a lovely dinner with Puck’s family, and they sat around the table long after they had all finished spaghetti, long after the simple dessert of chocolate ice cream. And they talked. And it was fun, perfect.

It felt…

It felt like she finally had a family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so loving this story right now. :) Thank you so much for reading! And commenting, I love feedback. :D

And I already have my next chapter written, so it'll be up really soon. ^_^