Skyless

The Promise.x

"So is it done?" He asked, almost panting like a dog trying to keep up with her.

She moved down to the beach with quick, light feet. She knew this territory well. As for him, he did not.

"If you mean were done, then yes."

"Ah..." He choked on words. Was he just as lost as she was?

"You good at running, right?"

He laughed, "Hell yeah."

At any other time she would've complained like a bitch if someone even mentioned the mere word, run. She felt different right now.

"Then let's go." She smiled, and the second they touched the sand they fled. They sprinted down the beach not even caring who the fuck was watching. It was 1 a.m. Who the hell is awake anyway?

This feeling. It felt good. It seemed like maybe if you ran fast enough, nobody could catch you. You could escape from your troubles for a few short minutes.

The farther they ran the more their problems sunk away, lost in the gust behind them. He ran ahead a few feet and stopped. Just stopped for no reason, right in front of her. He turned around just as she was about to smack right into him. They fell, on top of each other.

"Ugh, Harvey."

She laughed trying to get back up, but her legs gave way. He sat up spreading out his legs. He took her by the waist and with effortless movements he pulled her in between him.

The tide splashed at his feet and on her shorts. They looked at each other as they both were breathless from the run. They were sweating. He stood up, lifting her up lightly by the hand.

He moved his hands up her body taking her tank top with him. He tossed it in the sand and she looked at him, getting the idea. She slipped of his Fox shirt. She tossed it in the sand as she made her way down to his shorts and did the same. She kept her hands from shaking as she moved her hands up and down his chest. He unbuttoned her shorts, he helped her step out of them and lifted her off her feet. He walked them into the sparkling ocean, cooling off their bodies. He set her back in the water, still holding her around the waist. He kissed her. She kissed back. She moved her hands up around his neck. They made out in the glimmering waters under the stars that danced in the sky. The warm breeze whispered against their bodies.

"Oh my god," He whispered, still kissing her with a passion even he believed.
"I love you." And he said it, promising every word.

She pulled away. "Y-you do?"

He nodded his head and pulled her up into his arms, she wrapped her legs around his waist and giggled. He smiled at her and they started kissing again.

Deep down she didn't believe him. She didn't want to believe him, not again. She wanted to cry, she knew this was impossible to be true. She didn't care about Jason anymore. He was a lying douche bag. She only cared about Harvey.

It's now or never, she thought. She was going to fulfill this moment as best she could and not waste a single second of her valuable time with him.

"Baby..." He said gently.

"Yes?" He carried her to ankle-deep waters and set her down.

"Promise me something?"

She hesitated, bit her lip, but thought about it, "Sure."

He took her hands in his and took a step closer, closing the little space between them.

"Promise that no matter what happens to either of us, we'll always love each other? Because," He looked down at the water and smiled, looking back into her eyes, "We both know we've loved each other since we started going out last October."

She smiled, he really did love her all this time. She hugged him.

He hugged her back, taking her into his arms and whispered in her ear, "So you promise?"

She smiled, "I promise."