I Want to Fly Away

Birds.

She stared out the window as she watched the birds flying in the sky, she could hear her mother and father screaming about something she didn’t really care, after all it was the same thing every night.

She sighed as she looked away from the window, she wanted to be out there with the birds, she wanted to fly with them and explore every inch of the sky.

For her, anywhere was better than home.

“I just want to fly away,” she murmured and picked up her bird shaped hair clip from her desk and did her hair into a messy bun.

She picked up her tote bag before sneaking out of her room, and out of the house.

“I just want to fly away, I just want to fly away, I just want to fly away,” she mumbled as she walked half a mile to a hiking trail.

She immediately went off the trail and walked through the overgrown weeds and tress, she made it to her usual spot and laid down on the dirty ground, she smiled as she saw some birds fly up.

She closed her eyes, and just like every other day she imagined herself flying in the sky with the birds, she imagined herself flying to different cities and countries, she imagined herself meeting new people who wanted to fly away just like her, and she would help them, but this was only in her head.

Sometimes she couldn’t help but to wonder if she was born the wrong species, or perhaps she had been a bid in a previous life.

An hour later she opened her eyes again and sighed, she knew she would never be able to fly, but she could pretend at least for a moment.

She smiled and got up from the ground, and made her way back home.