Status: Full speed on!

Monsoon Wings

Prologue

Juno just sat, facing the blue sunny sky. The Black lake glistened in the sunlight, as if embroidering diamonds. The green grass, too, shimmered of morning dew. The cold breeze brushed against her skin, cooling it, like the hem of the dress of an angel, as soft as the nurturing silk. As soft as Draco’s hair. Somehow a tear trickled down her cheek. She saw some students playing around, laughing. She quickly wiped the tear away.

‘Juno,’ called Draco’s voice.

Juno didn’t turn around. She continued watching the students. A Hufflepuff girl was being bewitched by her friend using the Leg-Locker Curse. Then they both laughed out loud.

She heard him sigh.

‘Juno, I know you hate me.’

She was still silent. She clenched her fingers into a tight fist. Draco didn’t know. He didn’t know what was going on inside her; he didn’t know how she fought the monster inside her every minute, every second. The monster was feeding on her brain, feeding on her courage, her faith, her dreams; growing stronger every time. And the monster had eaten away her legs, too.

Draco walked slowly towards her. He stood behind her, stroking her hair. His strokes were soft, soft and enticing. And her stupid heart had fallen for it. Juno closed her eyes. She half-wished he’d stop doing that. Every stroke was awakening the monster inside her heart.

Draco the lifted her hair, and slid a necklace around her neck. He bent down and kissed her neck once, before letting her hair go down back.

‘Happy sixteenth birthday,’ he whispered into her ear.

Juno tried hard not to feel his breath. She tried hard to keep her concentration on the Hufflepuff girl. She was chasing her friend by now, round and round the side of the lake.

They were running.

Draco turned her wheelchair around. The corridor felt dark, after the sunny scenery outside. Draco kneeled in front of her and held her clenched hands.

She tried hard not to look at him. Not to look at those enticing, tricky, yet beautiful blue-gray eyes. But there was nothing else to look at. Her heart skipped a beat. The monster inside had awakened. And once it had, it was always too late to stop it.

‘I’m sorry for your loss,’ he said slowly.

Finally Juno opened her mouth. ‘I told you I want to be alone.’

‘But I won’t let you,’ Draco said stubbornly. ‘I won’t let you bear it all alone. It’s my fault. My entire fault.’ And he rubbed her legs. But she felt nothing. They were nerveless now. How she hoped her heart could be the same. But every time she tried to be heartless, he would come. He would never let her forget.

‘The damage is permanent,’ she said wearily. ‘No magic can mend my bones.’

‘Then let me stay near you to help you,’ Draco spoke, barely in a whisper. He reached up for her face, tauten his neck and kissed her lips.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!
This is my first story I've posted on Mibba. I hope you like it. I started with prologue first. Regarding Point-of-Views, there will be none, it will just go flat-- like in novels. You see, I want this story to be neat, so there must be a prologue first. Oh ya, this story starts in the fourth year, but it will continue till the fifth and sixth year. See? It will be long. :) like, maybe 40 chapters or more. But I add good conflicts, so I'll make sure you won't get bored, trust me. :) I've worked hard for this story as well as the banners, so, you see, this story is awesome :)
Hehe.
Hmmmm.
Please rate, comment, message, add favorites. I receive and appreciate feed backs from you all :) If you send a message, I'll have a chapter dedicated to you. And I'll respond. ALWAYS. :)